You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky poker survey..........

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat

Great forum community and pretty good banter at the tables,But if the bigwigs are so sure rebuys are the way forward, whilst taking away regular tournaments.Then put the same tournaments up in direct competition with either a rebuy tourney or a freeze out regular tourney then after a month come back to me with your figures,because at the moment with the rebuys everywhere i'm playing more cash games......but maybe thats the plan???? Some Whizz kid at sky central probably has to key in "ditto" to get a rebuy and normal tourney running at the same time!Thankyou in advance for your consideration on this matter,Dave.

Comments

• edited July 2010
    yeh im not a fan of rebuys
  • edited July 2010
    Hate them.

I feel it takes away the skill element as someone with a higher cash roll can just shove in the hope the y double up or just re-buy again.

Good for charity nights but not on here.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky poker survey..........:
    Hate them. I feel it takes away the skill element as someone with a higher cash roll can just shove in the hope the y double up or just re-buy again. Good for charity nights but not on here.
    Posted by JohnnyF
    Can you not see the benefits of this?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Sky poker survey..........:
    Hate them. I feel it takes away the skill element as someone with a higher cash roll can just shove in the hope the y double up or just re-buy again. Good for charity nights but not on here.
    Posted by JohnnyF

The 60k $3 rebuy on PS is the one for you then. Hardly a shove all night in that one.

But if you haven't got 30k chips by the first break you're a wimp.
  • edited August 2010
    only thing i can think of 35 suited is that re buy  freerolls is that sky can re coup back some of the money they lay out  the normal ones just give u another chance to say in the tourney
  • edited August 2010
    dont even get me started was doing very well in he open on friday(first rebuy ive played since they took over)

I was definately the best player on my able doubled up a few times, but still others around had spent £30+ on rebutys and add ons, then went on break ahead inchips come back behind everyone and got a ridiculous bad beat by someone who had rebought at leat twice and added on

Completely favours bad players imo, i think this i a great idea put rebuys up against normal and im sure wecan all guess whowill get more
  • edited August 2010
    Hi Guys,

I'm not a great fan of re-buys but they have a place on most sites.
    There was a bit of traffic asking for re-buys and sky have answered this, but imo the main event on the night should not be a re-buy. These type of tourneys should be at a level that can be affordable to have a couple of re-buys and not feel like your over stretching yourself financially.

BUT, if you feel that the main event shouldn't be re-buys, make you protest on here AND don't play them.
    Re-buys, by nature are like the bounty hunters, a lot more looser play.
    So my advice would be to for go these events and play in the primo etc, say every 2 or 3 weeks by saving up the normal buy-in.

col