You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ok - Tear me to shreds...

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
STACKS45 Small blind  £0.50 £0.50 £227.11
dee28 Big blind  £1.00 £1.50 £48.66
  Your hole cards
  • Q

k88moss Fold     
CLIOKID Raise  £4.00 £5.50 £127.01
xCall  £4.00 £9.50 £157.09
bigcrawf Fold     
STACKS45 Fold     
dee28 Call  £3.00 £12.50 £45.66
Flop

• Q

dee28 Check     
CLIOKID Bet  £6.00 £18.50 £121.01
Raise  £15.00 £33.50 £142.09
dee28 Fold     
CLIOKID Call  £9.00 £42.50 £112.01
Turn

CLIOKID Check     
xBet  £31.88 £74.38 £110.21
CLIOKID Call  £31.88 £106.26 £80.13
River

CLIOKID Check     
xAll-in  £110.21 £216.47 £0.00
CLIOKID All-in  £80.13 £296.60 £0.00
xUnmatched bet  £30.08 £266.52 £30.08
CLIOKID Show
  • Q

xShow

CLIOKID Win Two Pairs, Queens and 9s £264.72  £264.72

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I think I probably deserve some stick for this hand so I'm going to man up and take it.

I however feel to put forward my side of the argument.

I 100% feel I should have folded the turn. And I would not disagree with anyone who said that.

Once I've not though, I just cannot work out his hand on the river.

1 - Made villain fold when he 3-bet my SB raise I flatted and check shoved flop only one orbit ago.

2 - I can not see villain shoving flush on double paired board

3 - I don't feel he is raising me with a 9 or a 6 on the flop, and if it was a set of either of these then he's made quads - I don't think people make quads in poker so I'm ruling these out.

4 - There is no way he'd shove a Q on the river.

5 - yes I am a fish without a fold button.
  • edited July 2010
    Great stuff, well played!

Thinking is detremental sometimes, just go with it.

U must have just felt something here, well deserved win, nice pot.
  • edited July 2010
    bet more on flop, the river makes sense, the turn doesn't, especially without reads.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Ok - Tear me to shreds...:
    Great stuff, well played! Thinking is detremental sometimes, just go with it. U must have just felt something here, well deserved win, nice pot.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

if he calls river and they have 62o or KK have we played it well!?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Ok - Tear me to shreds...:
    bet more on flop, the river makes sense, the turn doesn't, especially without reads.
    Posted by beaneh
    As I say I know 100% I should have folded turn.

Once i've not though I just couldn't work out the river and thought villain was playing back at me over the previous pot we'd just played.

It's a call I'd make like once a month at the most.
  • edited July 2010

If he shows a better hand, then of course he hasnt played it well.

Pretty auwful - but he didnt, so he didnt....

This is my point about people playing 10 tables at once, u have 1 game, which is a winning game over time, so u play the same all the time, with subtle differences according to the tables u play....

U know that over time this game is gonna win you money, so if ur good 60/100 times u accept this and move on.

Id rather make the call the 60 times Im right, and fold as many of the 40 times I am behind as I possibly can.

If I make 75/100 calls, which include all of the times I am good (60) and only 15 times when I am behind, Im already making money faster than if I just do the same thing 100 times and lose 30.

Still room for improvement to get the other 15 right though.

Then we have perfection

• edited July 2010
    If he shows a better hand, then of course he hasnt played it well. Pretty auwful - but he didnt, so he didnt.... This is my point about people playing 10 tables at once, u have 1 game, which is a winning game over time, so u play the same all the time, with subtle differences according to the tables u play.... U know that over time this game is gonna win you money, so if ur good 60/100 times u accept this and move on. Id rather make the call the 60 times Im right, and fold as many of the 40 times I am behind as I possibly can. If I make 75/100 calls, which include all of the times I am good (60) and only 15 times when I am behind, Im already making money faster than if I just do the same thing 100 times and lose 30. Still room for improvement to get the other 15 right though. Then we have perfection
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    you have defiantly 100% lost the plot
  • edited July 2010
    If he shows a better hand, then of course he hasnt played it well. Pretty auwful - but he didnt, so he didnt.... This is my point about people playing 10 tables at once, u have 1 game, which is a winning game over time, so u play the same all the time, with subtle differences according to the tables u play.... U know that over time this game is gonna win you money, so if ur good 60/100 times u accept this and move on. Id rather make the call the 60 times Im right, and fold as many of the 40 times I am behind as I possibly can. If I make 75/100 calls, which include all of the times I am good (60) and only 15 times when I am behind, Im already making money faster than if I just do the same thing 100 times and lose 30. Still room for improvement to get the other 15 right though. Then we have perfection
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

You have no idea do you lol
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

oh man this is sooooooo gooood it hurts

wp wp
  • edited July 2010

He's either ahead on the river or behind, why do u complicate it so much.

If he is ahead and he makes the call, he has played well.

If he is behind and he makes the call, he has played badly.

Simples.
  • edited July 2010
    There's a small part of me that thinks he still might be joking.
  • edited July 2010
    There's a small part of me that thinks he still might be joking.
    Posted by Cowgomoo

you mean you hope for his sake he's joking lol

it's so epic it's lol
  • edited July 2010
     this is getting too much like 2+2 why the hell would dohhhhhh/ jj lie he aint harvey the greatest ever player!

hes calling it how he sees it and wins money consistently so cant really argue with that, jealousy gets you nowhere ppl why would he want to fool a bunch of fools! get over it!
  • edited July 2010
     this is getting too much like 2+2 why the hell would dohhhhhh/ jj lie he aint harvey the greatest ever player! hes calling it how he sees it and wins money consistently so cant really argue with that, jealousy gets you nowhere ppl why would he want to fool a bunch of fools! get over it!
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Jealousy is a very hard emotion to control for me :(
  • edited July 2010
    [X] disguised brag post

[ ] dohh isn't results orientated in the slightest

atleast the river is wp
  • edited July 2010
    [X] disguised brag post [ ] dohh isn't results orientated in the slightest atleast the river is wp
    Posted by zing

[ x  ] Lawl
  • edited July 2010
    You need Harveys finale word on this one.... is he on holiday no posts?

You must have had a feeling you were ahead to call... u was u won well played!!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Cliokid this play is so weird why where you raising Q7 then calling all the way with TPWK. This must of been player pacific, what was happening at this table to make you play this way. Could you tell me a little bit more about what your thought process was on this hand and what you thought villain maybe had.
  • edited July 2010
    his through process was this:

preflop - soooted Q high in CO = raise
    flop = TP = bet, villain raises  = he has fd, i cawl
    turn: 95% of his drawing hands have me beat, i cawl
    river: he isnt shoving a frush here so i lose to quads or Q9, i cawl
  • edited July 2010
    his through process was this: preflop - soooted Q high in CO = raise flop = TP = bet, villain raises  = he has fd, i cawl turn: 95% of his drawing hands have me beat, i cawl river: he isnt shoving a frush here so i lose to quads or Q9, i cawl
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Lol pretty much.

My turn call sucks and I know that.

Regardless of how I got to the river though, breaking the hand down, do you think the river call is good or bad? And in this spot (which I agree most people wouldn't have gotten themselves into...) would you make a call?

Does my though process give any justification to the call was it just plain awful?

• edited July 2010
    As played i wouldnt call the river. What is he raising the flop with two pair, Flush draw, AQ, KQ, sometimes QJ, Q9, 66, J10 hearts 78 hearts which all get there on turn, the only hands you beat are straight draws which he would check on turn because of 3 to flush, as it turns out he had the busted straight but the way the hand played out it just looked like you where beat, im always folding this unless am stuck and steaming.
  • edited July 2010
    the whole point of this toptopgun, is that when he bets the river he never has a flush because why is a flush betting a double paired board, not many people turn strong made hands into bluffs.

• edited July 2010
    the whole point of this toptopgun, is that when he bets the river he never has a flush because why is a flush betting a double paired board, not many people turn strong made hands into bluffs.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Ok i get your point but im still not calling with Q7, he could still be doing this with Q9 AQ KQ QJ, A9 hearts
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Ok - Tear me to shreds... : Ok i get your point but im still not calling with Q7, he could still be doing this with Q9 AQ KQ QJ, A9 hearts
    Posted by TopTopGun
    He is checking behind any Q on the river, unless Q9!
  • edited August 2010

In Response to Re: Ok - Tear me to shreds... : He is checking behind any Q on the river, unless Q9!
    Posted by CLIOKID
    I would have suspected Q/9 on flop, been more sure on the turn and convinced on the river

Most of the time this is Q9 - just one of those situations ya think something at the time - go with it - relieved you are right - then in hindsight think this wasnt a great call but i got away with it - we've all done it