You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Could i have played this any differently?

edited July 2010 in The Poker Clinic
i feel sick haha. it was a small stake cash game but nobody likes losing money! made the DYM i was playing at the time pointless as i only made up for this loss.

did i go wrong anywhere? bad beat? unlucky? or my own stupidity?
moto23 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.18
blondynka7 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £7.69
  Your hole cards
  • A

VRaise  £0.16 £0.22 £6.63
BillyWiz68 Call  £0.16 £0.38 £3.94
BLITZKRIEG Fold     
McGooook Call  £0.16 £0.54 £3.83
moto23 Call  £0.14 £0.68 £3.04
blondynka7 Call  £0.12 £0.80 £7.57
Flop

• A

moto23 Check     
blondynka7 Check     
VBet  £0.16 £0.96 £6.47
BillyWiz68 Call  £0.16 £1.12 £3.78
McGooook Call  £0.16 £1.28 £3.67
moto23 Call  £0.16 £1.44 £2.88
blondynka7 Fold     
Turn

• A

moto23 Check     
Bet  £0.16 £1.60 £6.31
BillyWiz68 Call  £0.16 £1.76 £3.62
McGooook Call  £0.16 £1.92 £3.51
moto23 Call  £0.16 £2.08 £2.72
River

moto23 Check     
Bet  £2.08 £4.16 £4.23
BillyWiz68 Fold     
McGooook All-in  £3.51 £7.67 £0.00
moto23 Fold     
mcfc123 Call  £1.43 £9.10 £2.80
Show

McGooook Show
  • A

VWin Straight to the 9 £8.42  £11.22

Comments

• edited July 2010
    you need to flop pre flop A10o is never going to play well vs a UTG raise.

you need to raise the flop, and you need to raise the turn, from this hand you made more calls then a phone box. You need to stop calling and start raising more.

look at the PFR bet sizing, small on the flop and turn, then pots the river, you are never good here at 4nl with just trips.
  • edited July 2010

I don't think I would be calling pre flop with ace ten with 2 people in he pot ahead of me.

You have the button, but I still don't think it is a hand that plays well multi way.

If I were to play it, I would definitely be raising with it, mking it 54pence to play. This play will only be good if you thin the field to get heads up, or make the whole table fold. Just making the pot bigger without achieving any of these 2 things is pointless.

If the 2 guys before you just do not fold to 3 bets then the above move is not going to work. Generally people love to see flops in low stakes games on sky, so I suspect my making a squeeze here, you are just making life harder for yourself s your hand isn't strong enough.

On the flop, I would be raising, the bet is weak, (16p into 1.44), which means he has a monster hand, or nothing generally, make it £1 on the flop. Find out were you are in the hand. Cliic boffins wont like that, but deffo at micros where people play 75% of starting hands, there is no other way to narrow their hand range down.

After the turn card, Im ot sure why you continue to only call? 16p into 1.92? Dont you want to get as much money in as possible? If you are still worried you may not have the best hand, this is why you shouldn't have played ace ten pre flop. Why didnt you raise here? is there a reason? plz let me know...

The river looks a safe card, and the money goes in, theres no way u can put him on that hand, I don't think anyone could, just hard lines.

On a +ive note, good to see you playing the lower levels, you're only as good as your bankoll, so keep grinding here and no doubt if you are good enough you'll be at the higher tables soon enough.

gl.
  • edited July 2010

Generally, I hate A10 as a hand in a raised pot because it does not play well if an ace hits and there is action. you always have to worry about AJ, AQ, AK.

Here, i think the call preflop is dangerous. It's a raise or fold situation imo, i know you have the button, but it is not a hand to play in a multiway pot really.

On the flop, I would be raising to make anyone on a fd or sd to pay for it and the same on the turn, you want to start getting money in when you hit the flop/turn. If you raise the turn big here, you win a nice pot, i can't see anyone fishing here on a gut shot (although it can't be ruled out at 2p/4p!)

• edited July 2010
    I dont really mind that you call A10 pre flop as your on the button which lets you get more info about the hand in later street and you will be able to find out if your ace is good or not. i would be raising the flop and turn though, raise flop to see how good your ace is then raising turn so you can get all the money in there or on the river.
  • edited July 2010
    I agree with the first 2 posts with a weak ace in multi pot re-raise pre flop on the button... pump it or dump it!
  • edited July 2010
    id call pre if we were suited, why did you shove the river????
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Could i have played this any differently?:
    id call pre if we were suited, why did you shove the river????
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Why if suited it only gives you about a 2% extra advantage
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Could i have played this any differently?:
    In Response to Re: Could i have played this any differently? : Why if suited it only gives you about a 2% extra advantage
    Posted by waynecure

As he has position if he gets flush draw on flop he can semi bluff take the pot right there or hit flush on later street and win a big pot with a disguised hand.
  • edited July 2010
    that has to be one of the most common things to here at a live poker table after 'I put you on AK'.

yes in preflop equity i only have like 2.5% more with it being suited, but its the fact that i will flop a draw (read equity) which means i can bet/raise and be happy about putting lots of monies in * winning pot without seeing the river (it is good to have a flop raising range that doesnt just consists of sets), it means i will be able to float alot of flops when i flop a bdfd and just in general suited cards are pretty