You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

premium hands / variation

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
why do some player's alway's play premium hand's.I think veriety is the key .. i see so many just waiting for that special hand that gett's beat so often .. any clue's?

Comments

• edited July 2010
    they are nits, that is what nits do
  • edited July 2010
    lol .... lol very true  Response to Re: premium hands / variation:
    they are nits, that is what nits do
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
  • edited July 2010
    you need to have a wider opening range to balance things out not that anyone on here cares about that at lower stakes
  • edited July 2010
    I know.

I even let my range slip as low as QQ from time to time, but 99% of the time I'll just stick to my AA and KK.

Poker at it's finest.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to premium hands / variation:
    why do some player's alway's play premium hand's.I think veriety is the key .. i see so many just waiting for that special hand that gett's beat so often .. any clue's?
    Posted by BULL
    Thing is people will change their play depending on blind level and their opponent's play.  Personally im tight and barely play a hand for the first 3 or 4 levels of a tourny, then become a bit looser once the blinds are worth stealin etc.  Waiting for the premium hands will end up with you losing in tournaments coz these hands don't come often enough. 

Reasons for people only playin these hands would probably be the obvious (they're premium and so more likely to win) and possibly the player isn't confident in their own poker ability to play lesser holdings with the fear of losing.
  • edited August 2010
    when u playing nits u need to play loose playing loose players u need to play tight when your on the table u will know are u have to keep switch backwards and forwards and mixing it up