You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonight's MasterCash Show

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat

Evening all.

Tonight, Sarah is in the driving seat, & I'm the manicurist. So I shall be keeping a close eye on Sarah's you know whats.

Hitman-RV will be the Studio Guest, he'll be doing "The Grind".

I think we plan to show the 25p-50p Cash Tables upon which Mr Hit will Sit, Hitting & Sitting,  but to be honest, ANY decent cash action across the Site may well get shown.

If you want a particular hand shown, send it in to....

skyopen@bskyb.com ......

...and hopefully, tonight's Producer, Mandy, will try & get them on screen.

e-Mails? Yes please. Tonight we want to hear about....

Your pets. How many, names, etc. 

Favourite method of transport - train, train, or train?

The design of electricity pylon you most admire?

Tractors.

Your favourite Airport in the whole world.

There, that should do the job. ;)

Also, we might even show the latter stages of tonight's 8pm Main Event &/or a bit of news from tonight's SPT Semi-Final, which kicks off at 9.30pm.

Add to that, action from the Cash Tables as long as we can find interesting stuff, & Bob's your uncle, we have a Show.

But it's YOUR e-Mails we most want. e-Mails meanz funz.

skyopen@bskyb.com

Comments

• edited July 2010
    tikay if at the start of the show can you give me a shout out for pretty much helping improve everyones game in the poker clinch section, thanks.

ill be sure to watch the repeat tomorrow to make sure you said it

hope the show is a good one.
  • edited July 2010
    Hi all - good luck to Hitman tonight. Spent a long time with him on the omaha sng table along with Dave Bland in Swansea.  Hitman helped me out with some hand reading problems I had!!

I'm off out for a steak dinner tonight so can't play along but wishing you very well as your 10% profit target is very admirable.  Have a good show Sarah and Tikay :)
  • edited July 2010
    Trains? Pylons?

Well this is sort of a mix - train and electricity involved, so a pantograph - and this is a picture of a class 87 with a mighty fine pantograph.

Pretty special I'm sure you'll all agree.....

• edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: Tonight's MasterCash Show:
    Trains? Pylons? Well this is sort of a mix - train and electricity involved, so a pantograph - and this is a picture of a class 87 with a mighty fine pantograph.   Pretty special I'm sure you'll all agree.....
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Well that opens a whole new world Elliott. If we are into pantographs, then we MUST discuss catenary. Then there's the catenary support system, a subject which I know fascinates Sarah.

• edited July 2010
    Zurich airport, magnificent and efficient, the marble floors and fluid operations make the airport a joy to pass through. Along with the luggage trolleys which are built in a way to speed through departures onto your next destination. I would be intrigued to hear Tikays thoughts on public transport in Switzerland, after all they are the best in the world.
  • edited July 2010
    Mmm catenary support system..... high voltage filth!
  • edited July 2010
    Favourite Airport has to be Narita (Tokyo) Beautifully managed and clean as a whistle. I went to Japan on a business trip about 15 years ago and the price of everything, particularly in Tokyo was scary even by todays standards. Cost of Taxi from airport to Narita Hotel was £115 for about a four mile ride. Cost of a meal at a Sukiyaki house was £240 per head! The 10 day trip cost about £11,000 each for 10 days but we sat with Mr Richard Branson on the inward and outward trips. Best bit of the trip was that I got to travel on the Bullet Train when we went to Kyoto and Fuji City. We had a fablous view of Mount Fuji.

• edited July 2010
    Zurich airport, magnificent and efficient, the marble floors and fluid operations make the airport a joy to pass through. Along with the luggage trolleys which are built in a way to speed through departures onto your next destination. I would be intrigued to hear Tikays thoughts on public transport in Switzerland, after all they are the best in the world.
    Posted by Salad_Face
    I adore the Swiss Public transport system. I've not been to Zurich Airport, but I have had to make a connection (when flying home from Kenya one year) in Basle. It would be late 80's I think, or early 90's - I vividly recall it was about the time of "Lockerbie". 

I purchased a beautiful real leather briefcase in the Duty-Free Lounge in Basle Airport, & merrily marched through the Stansted Customs Area carrying it - & promptly got nabbed by the Customs guys.

I had gone through "Nothing to Declare" thinking that Switzerland was in the EC, & was genuinely amazed to find it was not. And that I owed £86 in Customs Duty on the briefcase, marv. Still, I've had worse experiences in Customs areas of Airports.
  • edited July 2010
    Trains? Pylons? Well this is sort of a mix - train and electricity involved, so a pantograph - and this is a picture of a class 87 with a mighty fine pantograph.   Pretty special I'm sure you'll all agree.....
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    You've got me on a sentimental journey back to my childhood when this was always a highlight for me - and maybe just maybe knows the make model and year - as for me, well I just think they are stunning:

• edited July 2010
    I will try going through the list one by one

Pets? I got a dog (border collie) called Jacko as he has a white paw!

Favourite Transport, well it has to planes, planes, planes, as i used to jump out of them (parachute included lol) but now i build them!

Favourite electricity pylon design - im quite partial to the 'L6 D20 with twin conductors', however the 'L6D with quad conductor bundles' comes in a close second to help you here is the link http://www.gorge.org/pylons/structure.shtml
    Tractors? well what farmer could resist this little beauty?

Favourite airport in the whole world? Well i actually landed in Nagoya airport in Japan, and they had cameras under the plane, and it was amazing seeing the plane coming into land over the water, the whole airport is built on a man made island! Once inside, the whole place ran like clockwork, You got a train ticket and it said ' carriage 4 seat 26c' upon boarding the train in almost completely empty, there are 400 seats, but your in serious trouble if you sit anywhere but your allocated seat!

• edited July 2010
    gl tikay and sarah with the show i wont be online to "rail" the ppl playing tonight but will be watching the tv gl to all involved ;)
  • edited July 2010

PETS     TILLY THE WESTIE  BELLA THE TOY POODLE  ABIT POORLY AT THE MO   4 STICTHES OP ON HER HEAD TO REMOVE A CYST

NICE TRAIN TRIP DOWN FROM CREWE LAST WEEK TO SWANSEA

AIRPORT    ROME   S*IT   BUT WHO CARES AT THE TIME LIVERPOOL HAD JUST WON THE EURO CUP AGAIN

• edited July 2010

Ooh, I just remembered. Tonight, on the Show, I shall wear my new glasses without ONCE being self-conscious. Ish.
  • edited July 2010

Dog. Golden Rereiver called Cassie but loks like a piglet at he moment as she has just been severely trimmed due to allergy.
      Fave airort has to be St. Maarten in Carribean especially if staying in Maho Beach resort which is so close to runway it is unbeleivable.
  • edited July 2010
    Ooh, I just remembered. Tonight, on the Show, I shall wear my new glasses without ONCE being self-conscious. Ish.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    Don't worry my friend, you've earned the right to wear those glasses, albeit through your advancing age but hey ho. lol
    So long as you've remember to unpick that top pocket on your jacket you'll be fine.

Have a good show mate

col
  • edited July 2010
      Dog. Golden Rereiver called Cassie but loks like a piglet at he moment as she has just been severely trimmed due to allergy.   Fave airort has to be St. Maarten in Carribean especially if staying in Maho Beach resort which is so close to runway it is unbeleivable.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Nah, you can hardly see them.......

• edited July 2010
    LOL, Gentlemen...start your engines.

Big Up to the Hitman on The Grind!!!
  • edited July 2010
    LOL, Gentlemen...start your engines. Big Up to the Hitman on The Grind!!!
    Posted by emilyegg
    Good luck to a very close mate hitman_rv your the man good luck tonight enjoy it ;) ps make sure the monkey is ok ;)
  • edited July 2010

To discuss, debate & dissect hands from tonight's Show, go to the Poker Clinic,here
  • edited July 2010
    Have a great show guys and enjoy yourself Hitman, 
       Come on you whites !
  • edited July 2010
    COME ON RV!!!

LOOKIN PRETTY IN PINK!!
  • edited July 2010
    greetings and salutations.
    my daughter 'adopted' four homeless white mice and called them..itsy, bitsy, teenie and weenie. i did look but could never see the yellow polka-dot bikini!

good luck to the hitman.
    laurie(lozgo)
  • edited July 2010
    Hey, good luck on the tables tonight! All the best, Ness =]
  • edited July 2010

Hope the Hitman has a good night on the tables. He is a top bloke. Best of luck to Sarah trying to keep TK in check tonight :).

Two quick questions which have nothing to do with mastercash but.....

Why are all the sats for the DTD SPT final rebuys apart from the semi final?
    Why has it been opened up immediately for high rollers to buy in direct which does discriminate against the smaller bank roll players?

• edited July 2010
    Fav airport would be. Galgery INT airport
                                 The JOHN DEERE 1020 circa 1960-65
                                        Suspension towers with a good pinnacle height
     Im tempted to say any old chew chew but
                                 The I ,C, E high speed passenger train in germany is not 2 shamby
     ( cant type anymore of this mince ) LOL
  • edited July 2010
    Good luck to Hitman on tonight's The Grind, top guy who I had the pleasure of meeting at SPT Luton and SPT Swansea.

A little story on the SPT Swansea Omaha masterclass with Dave Bland.

I got chatting with Dave and we sat down for a little chat about Omaha and what I knew and what I didn't.  After 10 minutes playing HU another player joined us, 20 minutes later we had a table full with Dave, myself, HITMAN_RV, Phil12UK, Ben Nuttall, Dan Brown, DAIBOOT, TEMPESFUGE (I think that's right).

After a play game we decided to start a 2 quid winner take all SNG. Soon after it started Ben and Dan left to go and play in a £50 SnG so Maxally and Ness4 played their chips. 

When it was HU Phil v Ness, Phil had to go and venture out into the wild of Swansea to move his car so FlashFlush played his chips.

THREE HOURS and TEN MINUTES later with 2 players who didn't even start the SnG we had a winner, FlashFlush, he won the £16.  Not bad for over 3 hours work, lol.

It was an epic SnG and massive fun, thanks Dave.  We all learnt something that night (mostly to not have fixed 25/50 blinds for the first 2 hours).
  • edited July 2010
    Pets??

Well OK here we go.

A cat called Joey.

2 Labradors called Duchess and Babe.

3 Newfoundlands called Yogi Bear, Boo Boo Bear and Cindy Bear

and at the moment about 34 other peoples dogs that we look after when they are away.

Is that enuff???

Steve
  • edited July 2010
    message to tikay,i was sat with half a pull up as i had lost half on the hand before and had no time to reload.and yes i was gutted .by the way the hand before was shown.(the kj fold).