You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hands from tonight's MasterCash Show - Dicussion Thread,

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic

Help yourself......

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I quite like the big overbet with the nut flush on the river in the earlier hand. It looked as if the opponent had at least a straight and possibly even a weaker flush, given the very wet board. The overbet disguised the very strong hand, and over time I think it gets called enough times to yield a profit. Any flush is going to snap call any bet, and a lot of players will call with a straight. 
  • edited July 2010
    Hi Guys
    re KK v 1010 hand

With the 10s stack of only £30ish behind, surely there is only a fold or all in move available.
    If the opponent is playing AK etc strongly then why just call, as when the ace comes on the flop he would have no fold equity by pushing at that point(giving just enough odds to call).
    I am probably wrong and if i am this explain why i'm rubbish at cash.

PS Sarah you really should be wary of what you say.I quote" I like to come home to a wagging tail". OH NO JUST THINK OF THE REPLIES hehe
    col
  • edited August 2010
    HH for discussion? reads? lol this is kinda hard without a hh
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Hands from tonight's MasterCash Show - Dicussion Thread,:
    HH for discussion? reads? lol this is kinda hard without a hh
    Posted by beaneh
    It was just an idea I had that I thought might prove popular, & prompt good hands & debate.

Guess I got that one wrong!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Hands from tonight's MasterCash Show - Dicussion Thread, : It was just an idea I had that I thought might prove popular, & prompt good hands & debate. Guess I got that one wrong!
    Posted by Tikay10
    For those that haven't seen the show the hh might help
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Hands from tonight's MasterCash Show - Dicussion Thread, : For those that haven't seen the show the hh might help
    Posted by beaneh
    Agreed - but as I was doing the Show, that's not exactly possible for me.

I had hoped that viewers or players might do exactly that, but it transpired I was wrong.

If I throw enough darts at the board, I'll occassionally hit a bullsyeye though.
  • edited August 2010
    tikay if you give me a free sky+ box & subscription i will be happy to put hh's in this thread from the show
  • edited August 2010
    tikay if you give me a free sky+ box & subscription i will be happy to put hh's in this thread from the show
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Lol Mr Raise, YBA.
  • edited August 2010
    couldnt the hand pickers c+p interesting hands into this thread as they get shown on the tv?
  • edited August 2010
    couldnt the hand pickers c+p interesting hands into this thread as they get shown on the tv?
    Posted by offshoot
    Yes, probably, possibly.

There's some background here.

On the back of a continuing committment to the "education" quotient of Sky Poker.com, the message came down from on high "let's change the balance a bit between education & entertainment".

As part of that, Dave Bland asked us all, but particularly those of us with a Studio or Forum platform, to try to increase awareness & use of the Poker Clinic. Not so that the ANALYSTS can (try to) "teach" you guys, because in most cases, we can only help the newer players, but to encourage the better players, such as you, to Post more in the Poker Clinic. Because we can ALL learn from you guys.

Now, I have just finished three Live Shows on the bounce - Thursday, Saturday, & Sunday, & in those, I pummelled the message long, hard & repeatedly - "use the Poker Clinic".

So, before Saturday's Show, I was musing on ways of raising the awareness even more. And  came up with the daft idea of starting this Thread, with a view to getting "TV Hands" on here. But I never really thought it through to it's logical conclusion - in that we could/should Post the hands up. Assuming, of course, Mr or Miss Hand-Picker has the time, during the actual transmission.

That's the background.

I should add that I set aside some time to reply to you, because your point was valid, & well made. Whereas I ignored the Gentleman who yesterday Posted "post the hands you ****". Answers, I hope, reflect the quality of the question, eh?

BTW, I observed your play on MasterCash yet again on Saturday. You have some game there bud, incredibly efficient & optimal. You don't leave much behind, do you? I'm not sure it's do-ble from either party, but I'd love to have you in the Studio one night.
  • edited August 2010
    I think it is a great idea tikay just needs to catch on & HH may help as some people may not get to watch the show or remember exact details

Think you guys should still come in on our hands for the helping hand, although i can understand you are very busy and it isnt a necessaty just would be nice :o)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Hands from tonight's MasterCash Show - Dicussion Thread, : Yes, probably, possibly. There's some background here. On the back of a continuing committment to the "education" quotient of Sky Poker.com, the message came down from on high "let's change the balance a bit between education & entertainment". As part of that, Dave Bland asked us all, but particularly those of us with a Studio or Forum platform, to try to increase awareness & use of the Poker Clinic. Not so that the ANALYSTS can (try to) "teach" you guys, because in most cases, we can only help the newer players, but to encourage the better players, such as you, to Post more in the Poker Clinic. Because we can ALL learn from you guys. Now, I have just finished three Live Shows on the bounce - Thursday, Saturday, & Sunday, & in those, I pummelled the message long, hard & repeatedly - "use the Poker Clinic". So, before Saturday's Show, I was musing on ways of raising the awareness even more. And  came up with the daft idea of starting this Thread, with a view to getting "TV Hands" on here. But I never really thought it through to it's logical conclusion - in that we could/should Post the hands up. Assuming, of course, Mr or Miss Hand-Picker has the time, during the actual transmission. That's the background. I should add that I set aside some time to reply to you, because your point was valid, & well made. Whereas I ignored the Gentleman who yesterday Posted "post the hands you ****". Answers, I hope, reflect the quality of the question, eh? BTW, I observed your play on MasterCash yet again on Saturday. You have some game there bud, incredibly efficient & optimal. You don't leave much behind, do you? I'm not sure it's do-ble from either party, but I'd love to have you in the Studio one night.
    Posted by Tikay10
    thanks for the reply. i think it could work as an idea, just that when playing its hard to c+p hands at the same time so if someone at sky was able to do it im sure most of the people involved in the hands would comment on them in this thread afterwards.

i woud love to be on the show, maybe next time im down south i will get in touch and try to get something arranged.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Hands from tonight's MasterCash Show - Dicussion Thread,:
    In Response to Re: Hands from tonight's MasterCash Show - Dicussion Thread, : thanks for the reply. i think it could work as an idea, just that when playing its hard to c+p hands at the same time so if someone at sky was able to do it im sure most of the people involved in the hands would comment on them in this thread afterwards. i woud love to be on the show, maybe next time im down south i will get in touch and try to get something arranged.
    Posted by offshoot

what are you an amateur? 

dont you play sessions like me and then just have to copy/paste a hh for the lols?

lol documents
  • edited August 2010
    oh for a decent hand history converter.   I would post more hands but the graphical hand history tilts me.
  • edited August 2010
    oh for a decent hand history converter.   I would post more hands but the graphical hand history tilts me.
    Posted by teachai

there is a very long convoluted way to convert from the graphical hh to a 'generic' hh format to then put through a hh converter online to produce forum friendly hh's, though I find it quicker to just open standard view and c+p  the enlarged chat window, it has all the actions/bet sizes/board info etc and is alot more condensed than trying to look through/c+p from the hh window, if you know the stack sizes for the start of the hand you have all the infos you needs.
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by teachai
    Just a quick thought on this one:

I am pretty much the same as you in that I prefer text hand histories rather than graphic ones. However, there is a way of doing this with one main drawback, i.e, a lack of stack sizes.

Getting a text only hand history.

If you observe a table and see a hand you think was interesting, you can do the following although it requires some editing:
    • Go to the chat box, click Scroll Lock to yes.
    • Set Chat type to 'No Player Chat'
    • Select some of the text, press Ctrl+A (select all) and then Ctrl+C (copy).
    • Paste into a notepad/word file and then delete away the excess information
    Not ideal I know, but should get us part of the way towards being able to post hands in a way that allows some debate about it. An example hand would be like this, which was from a DYM sit and go running a few moments ago.

/>Beginning a new hand.276935472
    />gentjim posted a small blind 75.
    />HOG60 posted a big blind 150.
    />syplums folded
    />PCR called for 150.
    />666bumpy called for 150.
    />gentjim called for 75.
    />HOG60 checked.
    />Dealing the flop (9c,9s,Ah).
    />gentjim checked.
    />HOG60 checked.
    />PCR bet 450.
    />666bumpy folded
    />gentjim folded
    />HOG60 folded
    />PCR mucked.
    />PCR has won the hand (1,050)
    />The hand has finished.

Main obvious problem is that it doesn't include stack sizes, but a rough recollection of those should be helpful if they can be added.

Again, I know this isn't an ideal way to do it, but it is something which we could try...

Dave