You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is this a bad run

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
hi all first post be gentle with me.   looked at my hand history after playing a bounty hunter played 99hands had a total of 2 pairs 1st pair 7th hand 2nd pair hand 33 ak once 23 consecutive hands no bet hands to poor then won ahand followed by another run of no bet for 19 hands finished 16th out of 153.

played later moved so many times though about changing my name to pickfords

Comments

• edited August 2010

Hi oldgit!

by the sound of things you did very well to grind to a cash, many woulda donked out early losing patience...

keep it up, when you get cards youll be dangerous innit

Good luck at the tables and welcome to the forum

Hoggers

• edited August 2010
    In Response to is this a bad run:
    hi all first post be gentle with me.   looked at my hand history after playing a bounty hunter played 99hands had a total of 2 pairs 1st pair 7th hand 2nd pair hand 33 ak once 23 consecutive hands no bet hands to poor then won ahand followed by another run of no bet for 19 hands finished 16th out of 153. played later moved so many times though about changing my name to pickfords
    Posted by oldgit6920
    the only bit i understood from all that was u finished 16th from 153, wp
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: is this a bad run:
    Hi oldgit! by the sound of things you did very well to grind to a cash, many woulda donked out early losing patience... keep it up, when you get cards youll be dangerous innit Good luck at the tables and welcome to the forum Hoggers
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    thanks for the welcome and comments
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to is this a bad run : the only bit i understood from all that was u finished 16th from 153, wp
    Posted by OMahonyO
    thanks
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to is this a bad run : the only bit i understood from all that was u finished 16th from 153, wp
    Posted by OMahonyO
    haha
  • edited August 2010
    i just had a £5.50 buy in DYM and i was hitting everything. was getting dealt some nice cards and was dominating with 9000 chips with 4 people left. got a straight flush to the King as well. 

im saying this because i was getting [b]terrible[/b] hands earlier and was getting a few bad beats which really peeved me off::: all in pre-flop AQ v A6, opponent gets a straight with 6!

goes to show how your luck and hands can change. nothing to worry about.
  • edited August 2010
    Perhaps you are looking at this the wrong way? It isn't that you have had a long run of bad hands, we all get that, maybe you were playing too nitty (fold,fold,fold)? Maybe you are letting the cards completely dictate your play, a lot of the time it's not the cards you have, its your position on the table, how many times did you steal a pot in that hour? many a time i've been 'card dead' for an hour or more in a tourney, but i've still managed to increase my chip stack! Try not to analyse the cards you get on there own for an hour,look at the whole picture, the way you played, look at what you did when in position, no one ever won a tourney without doing a few 'moves' don't rely on the cards all the time, they are only part of the battle, the main part is the betting. Good luck at the tables (unless your playing me!)
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by OMahonyO
    lol +1