You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

freerolls for august

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
too many entering these new freerolls then not bothering to play...if they dont cant you suspend them fro future ones.. so people who do can play

Comments

• edited August 2010
    agreed, why not open for registration 5 mins before the game starts?
  • edited August 2010
    It's always the same ... loads of no-shows as usual.
  • edited August 2010
    Its FREE chips for those that do play, steal any no shows chips mercilessly!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: freerolls for august:
    Its FREE chips for SOME OF those that do play, steal any no shows chips mercilessly!
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    FYP ;)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: freerolls for august:
    Its FREE chips for those that do play, steal any no shows chips mercilessly!
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    but whilst im stelaing blinds at 10/20 others are doubling up, wasnt a problem for me today i had a full table but understand why people dont like it.
  • edited August 2010
    TBH i'm not interested weather its a freeroll or not, i'd rather have a decent game with everyone turning up, instead i got 4 players away for the hour and ok we stole their chips, but where's the fun in that! Im not that desperate for the winnings in the freerolls so i might not bother with all of them, i will do one if im on another table.
  • edited August 2010
    Flaw with not even needing points to enter - too many register then don't bother playing.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm delighted with them, I just made the cash, and only lost 28p--- very strangely enough--thats half of 56p ??!

I would'nt be at all surprised if someone else has done exactly the same thing?
  • edited August 2010
    well i have had to play for an hour stealing blinds as the other 5 players away. the other 2 tornuments had 4 or 5 players away. any tips to deal with the bordem?
  • edited August 2010
    In each freeroll there is probably about 400 "sat-out" (this is a complete guess). It is roughly 1 or 2 players per table which sounds about right. This means there is 1.2M free chips or dead money in play, so at the final table, players have an average of 200,000 extra chips in their stack, it makes the final table a lot more playable and the better players will succeed.

It also means there is more "places paid" than there should have been if you just count the active players, surely an advantage.

I don't think there should be any punishment for players entering and not playing, it's their choice. If it is a huge problem to anybody then just enter a real money game, you will rarely see someone sit out from the start unless they have connection difficulties.
    I would prefer to have 4 or 5 sat outs at my table for the first half an hour than have to play against unknown players who's ability can range from "WSOP Qualifier" to "I've just popped over from skyBingo".