You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

left without a bean(eh)

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
So is this a cooler or should I be folding here?
OMahonyO Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £84.27
beaneh Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £69.17
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

gerrard9 Call  £0.50 £1.25 £74.95
KIRKIE Call  £0.50 £1.75 £194.67
WildDog Fold     
argo Fold     
OMahonyO Raise  £3.50 £5.25 £80.77
beaneh Call  £3.25 £8.50 £65.92
gerrard9 Fold     
KIRKIE Call  £3.25 £11.75 £191.42
Flop

OMahonyO Bet  £11.75 £23.50 £69.02
beaneh All-in  £65.92 £89.42 £0.00
KIRKIE Fold     
OMahonyO Call  £54.17 £143.59 £14.85
OMahonyO Show
  • J
  • J

beaneh Show

Turn

• Q

River

beaneh Win Three 8s £141.79  £141.79

Comments

• edited August 2010
    1 dont include results
    2 give some idea of villain and gameflow
    3 download pokerstove

• edited August 2010
    all i see is beaneh with sets and quads

this is a math question so do some range calculations 
  • edited August 2010

my phone says it was 43/57, so its ok i guess

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh):
    my phone says it was 43/57, so its ok i guess
    Posted by OMahonyO

no no it's not ok  lol.

download pokerstove and learn
  • edited August 2010
    have you got it, cant you just tell me, i downloaded it once but couldnt work it out
  • edited August 2010
    have you got it, cant you just tell me, i downloaded it once but couldnt work it out
    Posted by OMahonyO

I've got it yes lol

you download it again.

then put in the player 1 slot 'Jd Jc'

then click on player 2, click preflop and select the hands you think i'd call your raise+ shove over your cbet on that board.

then click evaluate and look at the odds. 
  • edited August 2010
    lol how do u brick vs beaneh, doesnt make any sense.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh) : I've got it yes lol you download it again. then put in the player 1 slot 'Jd Jc' then click on player 2, click preflop and select the hands you think i'd call your raise+ shove over your cbet on that board. then click evaluate and look at the odds. 
    Posted by beaneh

ok, i will havea go later,

I cant see the figures being much different tbh.  I would enter your range as 77, 88, 99, possibly tt with td. qq, kk, aa, ur 3 bettin pre, also ak with Ad , plus i dont think u wud be so agro in that spot.  I cant see any flopped flush hands you play like that.

So I got it in correct?
  • edited August 2010
    what % do you need to cawl by pot odds?

JdJs vs TcTd, TdTh, TdTs, 99-77 is ~52%
  • edited August 2010
    haha, I dont even know how to work that out, but its £54 into £89 which makes it an easy call, am I right?
  • edited August 2010
    haha, I dont even know how to work that out, but its £54 into £89 which makes it an easy call, am I right?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    so your equity is 52% and your pot odds are 38%?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh) : so your equity is 52% and your pot odds are 38%?
    Posted by N1CK
    ???

Maybe I`m missing something pretty simple here.  For arguments sake I`l say the 52%, which I think is beanehs equity, is 50%, making us 50/50.

If thats the case, then disregarding rake, even a call of £88 into £89 pot is +ev?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh) : ??? Maybe I`m missing something pretty simple here.  For arguments sake I`l say the 52%, which I think is beanehs equity, is 50%, making us 50/50. If thats the case, then disregarding rake, even a call of £88 into £89 pot is +ev?
    Posted by OMahonyO
    You should only call if the percentage chance of making your hand is greater than the percentage of the pot you have to call.
  • edited August 2010
    the thing that i want to know is how did your phone know that beaneh had 88 and that you did actually have 43%?
  • edited August 2010
    the thing that i want to know is how did your phone know that beaneh had 88 and that you did actually have 43%?
    Posted by N1CK

PkrCruncher,  iphone app
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh) : PkrCruncher,  iphone app
    Posted by OMahonyO
    did you enter a range or just the set?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh) : did you enter a range or just the set?
    Posted by N1CK
    Just the set, but as I said before, thats pretty much all he has got here i think.  I`m not sure if its capable of what pokerstove can do but Ive not really looked into it too much.  There must be an app out there that can I would say.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh) : Just the set, but as I said before, thats pretty much all he has got here i think.  I`m not sure if its capable of what pokerstove can do but Ive not really looked into it too much.  There must be an app out there that can I would say.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    at least it gives you a minimun to work with so you can say i need worse ways  43%
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh) : Just the set, but as I said before, thats pretty much all he has got here i think.  I`m not sure if its capable of what pokerstove can do but Ive not really looked into it too much.  There must be an app out there that can I would say.
    Posted by OMahonyO

you cant use pokerstove

but it definitely cant do what you want?! even though you dont know what or how to do it?!!?

download pokerstove its your friend.

another hint would be that I don't just have sets here lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh) : you cant use pokerstove but it definitely cant do what you want?! even though you dont know what or how to do it?!!? download pokerstove its your friend. another hint would be that I don't just have sets here lol
    Posted by beaneh
    whats his equity against your range there and what are his pot odds to call? simples
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh) : whats his equity against your range there and what are his pot odds to call? simples
    Posted by N1CK

errr yeah that's what I already said.....
  • edited August 2010
    Poker cruncher for the iphone is better than pokerstove if its the paid version it does the same as pokerstove plus other advanced stuff like hit percentage and things. So as long as you know how to work pokercruncker and its the paid version you dont have to download pokerstove.
  • edited August 2010
    Poker cruncher for the iphone is better than pokerstove if its the paid version it does the same as pokerstove plus other advanced stuff like hit percentage and things. So as long as you know how to work pokercruncker and its the paid version you dont have to download pokerstove.
    Posted by TopTopGun

yeh, I was sure it did more but I havent really delved into it yet.  It is the paid version so thats good.  I will get to grips with it soon.  Angry Birds took up a big part of my life, and now its nanostudio, so its just finding the time.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh) : you cant use pokerstove but it definitely cant do what you want?! even though you dont know what or how to do it?!!? download pokerstove its your friend. another hint would be that I don't just have sets here lol
    Posted by beaneh

By using `lol`, it sounds like this is completely obvious, and that I am being a donk for polarising your range so specifically, but apart from the hands I previously mentioned, I can see no other hand that fits.
    What would you think I should be including in your range here.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: left without a bean(eh) : By using `lol`, it sounds like this is completely obvious, and that I am being a donk for polarising your range so specifically, but apart from the hands I previously mentioned, I can see no other hand that fits. What would you think I should be including in your range here.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    his range is the nuts or a draw to the nuts, your call was ok +sd