You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The British Poker Awards

12346»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The British Poker Awards:
    LOL Dave, when Tikay collects, it would be great if he took you and Barry up there with him!!!
    Posted by emilyegg
    WOW......Tikay in his BURGUNDY jacket.......Hitman in his PINK jacket.....and Barry in his WHITE jacket......should be a great photograph at least!
  • edited August 2010
    OY!!!.....Get Back on that First Page.

And then make me some Breakfast.
  • edited August 2010
    OY!!!.....Get Back on that First Page. And then make me some Breakfast.
    Posted by emilyegg
    IS that TK & Sarah, at it on Mastercash again, They are always Fighting!!
    Its amazing how TK changes when he's off camera, hope Sarah does'nt bruise easy!!
  • edited August 2010
    Wait until you see what I have got planned for her supper.......;0)

VOTE FOR TIKAY NOW!!!

Okay then, what is the link I hear you ask!!!

http://www.thebritishpokerawards.com/

CLICK THE LINK NOW, AND DO THE DECENT THING!!
  • edited August 2010
    Delia is opening another bottle as we speak, so get voting. NOW.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The British Poker Awards : WOW......Tikay in his BURGUNDY jacket.......Hitman in his PINK jacket.....and Barry in his WHITE jacket......should be a great photograph at least!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • edited August 2010
    Barry..............White. Just got that One........I think.
  • edited August 2010
    LOL, We could all swop jackets......be like an episode of 'Rainbow'.........right..now who could be Zippy?
  • edited August 2010
    LOL, We could all swop jackets......be like an episode of 'Rainbow'.........right..now who could be Zippy?
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Jesus Wept, I could throw you a "special" on that one Dave.
  • edited August 2010
    Barry..............White. Just got that One........I think.
    Posted by emilyegg
    TY.....I think. Or are you trying to start a fight?....are you...are you...hey hey.....
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The British Poker Awards : Jesus Wept, I could throw you a "special" on that one Dave.
    Posted by emilyegg
    EERR Rob, I Know that will be funny, lol, but i aint clever enuf to get it sry!!! I'll think about it for a day or two!!
    ps. Hangerland...what a geezer, he would have mi vote, if i had not aready voted for Tikay!!
  • edited August 2010

emilyegg... have you seen this thread?

• edited August 2010
    emilyegg... have you seen this thread?
    Posted by aussie09
    If she hasn't then how can she respond? Come on aussie! lol
  • edited August 2010

I had an e-Mail from the organisers today, in which, amongst other things, they informed me that the venue has been changed.

The time & date remain unchanged, as does everything about the evening, EXCEPT that it will now take place at.....

The Kensington Close Hotel.

It does not explain why, but it has been noted elsewhere that there have been a number of delays to the opening of the orginal Venue, The Fox Club, in Shaftesbury Avenue. It was due to open mid-August, then delayed for "a few weeks", & yesterday, Joe Beevers (who is a shareholder) mentioned elsewhere that it may be "mid-September, due to some legal obstacles". (Assumed to be Gaming-Licensing issues).
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: The British Poker Awards : If she hasn't then how can she respond? Come on aussie! lol
    Posted by kirstii
    wait and see kirsti... she'll be back along shortly

ps it was a bump really

• edited August 2010
    I had an e-Mail from the organisers today, in which, amongst other things, they informed me that the venue has been changed. The time & date remain unchanged, as does everything about the evening, EXCEPT that it will now take place at..... The Kensington Close Hotel. It does not explain why, but it has been noted elsewhere that there have been a number of delays to the opening of the orginal Venue, The Fox Club, in Shaftesbury Avenue. It was due to open mid-August, then delayed for "a few weeks", & yesterday, Joe Beevers (who is a shareholder) mentioned elsewhere that it may be "mid-September, due to some legal obstacles". (Assumed to be Gaming-Licensing issues).
    Posted by Tikay10
    Great!!.. Already paid the Fox Club £200 for two tickets lol, am sure it will all work out fine tho!! As there are no scammers/grifters anywhere in the poker industry!!!
  • edited August 2010

Hi Hitman,

Yes, the Venue change was "unfortunate", but not wholly unexpected, as The Fox Club have a long history of delays in securing regulatory approvals etc.

As far as I am aware, everything is EXACTLy as before, EXCEPT the Venue change. The meal, Award Ceremony, & Freezeout Tourney, will still all take place. The Award Sponsors remain Bluff Europe, the use of The Fox Club was, I assume, a way of raising awareness of their new Facility, but I don't think it changes anything

I can't comment, because I don't know, but my assumption is that any monies you have paid will be honoured at the new Venue.

Joe Beevers, he of The Hendon Mob, is a small shareholder in The Fox Club, & a good friend of mine, so I'll ring him up & try to find out the official position on that.

I'll get back to you soonest.

All a bit embarrassing, really.

The poker industry is riddled with a goodly proportion of "dodgy" business & individuals, but I don't believe anyone or anything asociated with the BPA falls within that category, & I know Joe Beevers to be a man of the highest integrity, who would not associate himself with anything improper.

Given the reasons you invested the money in the evening, I will personally refund to you the cash you have spent on the evening if anything untoward should arise. I don't expect that to happen, not for a moment, though. 
  • edited August 2010
    No Problem Tony,

My comments were tongue in cheek totally, but thanks for the prompt response!

No need to ring anyone honestly, will ring the Fox Club closer to time if i have not heard. Have my favourite suit all pressed & cleaned, so was hoping to 'Out-Elegance' Joe himself, [if that's possible] lol!!

I am sure they are all very busy with re-arrangements, so I guess will get new details soon.
    I have joined The Fox, anyway so hope to see you there sometime, as it is close to a few watering holes of mine!!

Good Luck
    The Hitman
  • edited August 2010

To those who have planned to attend the British Poker Awards Ceremony, I have received the attached communication from the gentleman at Bluff Europe, who are sponsoring & organising the Event.

Please read it VERY carefully. If you do so, & only if you do, you'll understand why this is necessary. This is an exact C & P of the incoming e-Mail I received.

Press Release STARTS

"....Hi all, See below press release. Because of change of venue we can drop the price of tickets.  Let all your chums know… Philip  The British Poker Awards: Priced for the Poker PublicAwards ceremony, part of London Poker Festival, to be held 13th September at the Fox Club 25 August 2010 (London, UK) -- Since The British Poker Awards has moved venue to the Kensington Close Hotel, the number of spaces available for attendees has increased substantially. This has allowed the organizers to restructure the ticket prices to allow access for more of the poker playing public. The ticket price has been reduced to £39.00 per ticket.

The tickets still include a cocktail reception where attendees can mingle with other poker players and the esteemed nominees, the official awards ceremony where the category winners will be announced, and the option to play against other attendees and nominees in the £50 tournament that follows.

“We have always wanted to make the awards as accessible for the poker playing public possible. This is like the BAFTAs of poker and we want every poker enthusiasts to be able to experience a slice of the upper echelon of British Poker.

“By hosting the awards in a larger venue, we can accommodate more attendees and can therefore dramatically lower the ticket price. It a result for everyone involved.” said Michael Caselli of Bluff Europe Magazine.

The British Poker Awards will occupy two function rooms in the Kensington Close Hotel. One room will host the bar, reception and 20 poker tables, and the other will host theater seating for the awards ceremony.

The British Poker Awards 2010 will be held on 13th September at the Fox Club.  The glittering awards ceremony on the eve of the WSOPE is being produced in a joint effort between Bluff Europe, Poker Europa and Poker News.
    Tickets can be purchased at www.TheBritishPokerAwards.com or TicketWeb.co.uk ....."

Press Release ENDS
  • edited August 2010
    Tikay, have re-posted last paragraph below!! I am sometimes easily confused, is this one of those occaisions!!!!

""The British Poker Awards 2010 will be held on 13th September at the Fox Club.  The glittering awards ceremony on the eve of the WSOPE is being produced in a joint effort between Bluff Europe, Poker Europa and Poker News.Tickets can be purchased at www.TheBritishPokerAwards.com or TicketWeb.co.uk ....."

Press Release ENDS
    ""

WOW, as if by magic, the links have popped up!! will they stay when i save post?
    I Might be clevevevever than i thought!!
    ps it still says Fox club tho!!

right, I've paid £200 minus 2X £39, minus 2 X £50[if that allowed] lol........
    so i reckon.....
    I've either got  0.56 of a ticket to sell on OR 3.12 tickets to sell on, all pretty clear now!
    Will look forward to their e-mail

I CANT WAIT TO GO, GONNA BE BRILL!!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    No the links have not stayed!! dont know why..... Who Cares... How Brilliant were Fulham last nite!!!

PS GET EVERYONE TO VOTE!! I WANNA BE THERE WHEN TK & THE FORUM PICK UP THE AWARDS!!!!!!

pps www.thebritishpokerawards.com
  • edited September 2010
    ONLY ONE WEEK TO GO!!!!!!!!
    WEEK TOMORROW PEOPLE!!!!
    MAKE SURE YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS HAVE VOTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2010
    Many Thanks to DaiBoot for starting this thread and bringing it to the attn of many!!

5 days to go, vote now, dont wait!!
  • edited September 2010
    remind us of the link m8 ;0)
  • edited September 2010
    Hi
    Just got my invitation to the awards
    Don`t think i will attend as it looks like Tikay is not judging by the paragraph i pasted from the e mail below

The British Poker Awards is a unique opportunity for poker enthusiasts to hobnob with the biggest names in the game, including the star studded roster of nominees such as Neil Channing, James Akenhead, Praz Bansi, Michael Mizrachi, Sorel Mizzi, Victoria Coren.

LOL
  • edited September 2010
    Hi Just got my invitation to the awards Don`t think i will attend as it looks like Tikay is not judging by the paragraph i pasted from the e mail below The British Poker Awards is a unique opportunity for poker enthusiasts to hobnob with the biggest names in the game, including the star studded roster of nominees such as Neil Channing, James Akenhead, Praz Bansi, Michael Mizrachi, Sorel Mizzi, Victoria Coren. LOL
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    Seriously though
    I find it amazing that they have missed out the master of all things poker

WHERE IS JESSIE MAY

LOL X 2
  • edited September 2010

All the very best to Tikay tonight and our forum in the award ceremony.

xxx