You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Are small profits the best feeling?

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Just a bizzare feeling ive had today. Ive not played well recently and my roll has suffered, but today uve turned over a £2.09 profit and its one of the most satisfying feeling ive ever had. Ok so not a great profit but to a roll that started the day at £12.26 i think its a fair achievement.

Ive recieved bad beats and for once i just laughed it off, something i had no ability to do previously, and ive recovered most of the time, as well as being on the recieving end of a cooler. However i think i played decent poker today aswell and stuck to my target of finnishing the day with a profit.

I just wanted to share this and see what other people think are a satisfying monement in poker bar big wins.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Breaking even after having a terrible session of luck is always nice.
  • edited August 2010
    i know what you mean don!!!

i must of had the worst weekend ever until i got 88 on a 6 high flop was short stacked shoved got called by 10 10 and i rivered an 8.

few hands later i got q q

i raised 5xbb got 3 calls king high flop turned a queen to make a set and won a nice pot which got me back to what id started with!!

so i had been playing a good 3-4 hours to break even but it was a good feeling in the end.
  • edited August 2010
    Best feeling for me is getting a buy in 'back' off a nit!

You just know theyre gonna be distraught as they spend all the session folding big hands and looking to get it in as a 99% favourite - so u know losing a stack is gonna hurt them.

Booooooooooooom !