You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Good or bad call on River?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
xxx Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £8.51
xxx Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £15.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

iBLUFF Raise  £0.34 £0.49 £17.23
xxxFold     
xxxFold     
xxx Call  £0.29 £0.78 £8.22
xxx Raise  £0.80 £1.58 £14.20
iBLUFF Call  £0.56 £2.14 £16.67
xxx Call  £0.56 £2.70 £7.66
Flop

xxx Check     
xxx Bet  £1.50 £4.20 £12.70
iBLUFF Call  £1.50 £5.70 £15.17
xxx Call  £1.50 £7.20 £6.16
Turn

xxx Check     
xxx Check     
iBLUFF Check     
River

• A

xxx Bet  £3.60 £10.80 £2.56
xxx Fold     
iBLUFF Call  £3.60 £14.40 £11.57
xxx Show

iBLUFF Show
  • A
  • J

xxx Win Straight to the 5 £13
I would like advice on weather it was a good call on river and if i played it good or bad before the river.

Comments

• edited August 2010

Pre, Fine maybe raise bit more
    Flop cant really be calling in this spot after all you may have overpairs but no made hand and only a back door flush, i would fold on the flop to raise of £1.50 but i am a nit :P , otherwise you want to be raising to find out where your opponent is.

Turn got to check really as have nothing, although in hindsight a bet may have taken it down.

Dont mind the call on the river as played as your getting 3-1, realistically would have put him on a 2 or ace also. He played hand just as bad as you did to be honest, but you shouldnt still be in hand on the river

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Good or bad call on River?:
    Pre, Fine maybe raise bit more Flop cant really be calling in this spot after all you may have overpairs but no made hand and only a back door flush, i would fold on the flop to raise of £1.50 but i am a nit :P , otherwise you want to be raising to find out where your opponent is. Turn got to check really as have nothing, although in hindsight a bet may have taken it down. Dont mind the call on the river as played as your getting 3-1, realistically would have put him on a 2 or ace also. He played hand just as bad as you did to be honest, but you shouldnt still be in hand on the river
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN[/QUO

thanks for the comment i was thinking he missed that flop but was to woried to raise
  • edited August 2010
    fold flop bet turn fold river
  • edited August 2010
    its ok floating these flops HU but not 3 way, fold flop

as played, why are you not betting turn when checked to? surely this is what u called the flop for...

• edited August 2010
    Why did you call the preflop reraise with only AJ is there history with the villian has he been very aggresive with you in this game before?
  • edited August 2010
    fold flop, bet turn, call river