You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Easy fold?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
kaola Small blind  15.00 15.00 1717.50
Smilodon Big blind  30.00 45.00 1835.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

xCall  30.00 75.00 4270.00
des1967 Fold     
The_Don90 Call  30.00 105.00 2005.00
kaola Fold     
Smilodon Check     
Flop

Smilodon Check     
xBet  105.00 210.00 4165.00
The_Don90 Raise  210.00 420.00 1795.00
Smilodon Fold     
xCall  105.00 525.00 4060.00
Turn

xBet  250.00 775.00 3810.00
The_Don90 Call  250.00 1025.00 1545.00
River

xBet  1025.00 2050.00 2785.00

Comments

• edited August 2010

With your chipstack might aswell push them all in here, would say just call but you will only have 520 left here so might aswell go with.

Right preflop fine getting in cheaply again silly min-raise you want to put more pressure on your opponent on the flop bet pot as you have half a hand witth the pair and flush draw. To me your opponent is either flush drawing also or could have a overpair which i would put him on or even AK, does not look strong here. Cant really put him on a 7 unless he has ace 7 which doesnt look like it from the way he has played it.

Shove it in always getting called here and he will show overpair or an AK/AQ

• edited August 2010
    easy fold.....preflop
  • edited August 2010
    Limping in with King 5 in the v early stages of a DYM Don?

What happened to the "play tight for 4 levels" gameplan?

Banana will be turning in her Basket!!

If you haven't got the patience for dyms, which I dnt think u have, then play something that suits a looser style!
  • edited August 2010
    Snap fold pre.
  • edited August 2010
    In fairness JJ thats not too bad preflop, only 30 to call on the button with high flush draw. You either hit big and play or you dont, as he was flushing had to play the hand but try not to risk putting all his chips in on the flush. I'm guessing the opponent could have a 7 only because of the title, but otherwise would say he should be ahead 9/10 played the same way
  • edited August 2010
    i think the only street you played well was the turn

you are asking about calling a river with a bluffcatcher when there are alot bigger mistakes that you should be looking at earlier on in the hand.
  • edited August 2010
      If this is a DYM like JJ is saying then you have played this about as badly as you can. Instafold preflop end of story, for early dym play better hands are needed or just risk avoidance K5 is a weak hand K5 suited is weak +2%.

That being said the call on the button is horrendous, either you raise it up or fold by limping you show weakness and the ability to be pushed around.The min raise on the flop is a bad bet because all it does is build the pot up, you have not shown great strength. The initial better is automatically priced in, so either raise properly on this street or just flat call.On the turn you now call chasing a flush on a paired board which is dodgy at best put at least retains some level of pot control. On the river he asks you a difficult question as he has been on every street but before we think about the answer to that question let us consider the fact that  you entered the pot with a bad hand and have put in a quarter of of your stack answeering question to someone who has you outchipped.

To be honest i cant answer the question of what to do on the river because there is no way i would ever get into that position, i would have made my decision pre(fold) or on the flop with a big raise.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Easy fold?:
    In fairness JJ thats not too bad preflop, only 30 to call on the button with high flush draw. You either hit big and play or you dont, as he was flushing had to play the hand but try not to risk putting all his chips in on the flush. I'm guessing the opponent could have a 7 only because of the title, but otherwise would say he should be ahead 9/10 played the same way
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    or you hit a little bit and end up doing half ur stack....
  • edited August 2010
    That has to be a fold he has shown strength on every street.
  • edited August 2010
    fold pre,

as played either flat flop or raise to like 400, min raising finds out nothing,

call turn,

fold river