You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The £3 story

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Ok, here is my £3 story I wanted to share with you all.

I have deposit limits for a reason, and as I regularly cash out, then re-deposit another day (stupid I know) I had reached my monthly deposit limit without even realising so. So with nothing in the account and the desire to enter the primo, I was disheartened. However, I then checked my emails as I was sure I had something from Sky about a bonus.

Wow. I did have an email and in that email was a bonus of £3. This is where my adventrue started.

With an hour to go until the Primo started, I had to turn that £3 into £33. Off to the roulette table for an early double up. £3 on red, red 14 came in. 59 minutes to go and I decided to jump into a 5.50 DYM game, which I'm usually ok at. Managed to finish top 3 so my balance was sitting pretty at £11, but there was only 35 minutes left until showtime.

So 35 minutes left I decided to join another DYM, this time the £11 buy-in. With the clock ticking and still everyone left in the DYM I started to play ultra aggresive. Raising with K8, J4 and called an all in with 22 to take one opponent out. There was still 5 left though and only 15 minutes until Primo. I was able to take another player out before losing an all in call with 58 (really bad call but I was running out of time). So with 700 chips left against 3 big stacks I thought that was it, I wasnt going to make it, so I decided I would just try and finish top 3 and revert back to my normal style of play. Before I knew it however the two big stacks went at each other both having the flush. Two all in's and one of them went out, I'd managed to finish top 3 with 4 minutes left.

Quickly I jumped onto the Roulette table again with £22 in my account needing another £11 to gain entry to the primo. £10 on black this time. Black it was, however as I was rusing, £10 wasn't enough. I had £32.56 with 1 minute to go. £1 on red, red 36 popped up. I had made my £33 target with seconds to go. As I tried to load up the primo lobby to register I noticed the clock at the top of my screen turn to 8:00pm. Noooooooo. Please be an early clock, please. It wasn't. I had missed the primo entry by a matter of minutes.

*takes a breather*

I was exhausted after that so decided I would use my free money in some cash play. 15/30p blinds. I never normally play such low blinds, but by god what fun it is. I think ive found my new level as within the hour I'd amnaegd to turn my £30 into £97.56. Remember this was all from £3. I then took a big hit with an all in call and was down to £76.91, at which stage I decided enough was enough tonight.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed. Feel free to share your own poker story's of a similar nature :)

Comments