You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would constitute a successful season for your team?

edited August 2010 in The Football Corner
As just about everyone here knows I'm a massive West Ham fan & this topic came up on one of the West Ham forums I go on.

Given all the upheaval & shambolic performances & mis-management we've had over the last couple of years I'm just hoping for a season of mid table mediocrity for once. I honestly believe that the only reasons we survived last year was due to the points deduction for Pompey (I really think Grant would've got them out the bottom 3 if they hadn't lost the points) & the fact that both Burnley & Hull really were THAT bad!

I'd consider this season a success if we can finish mid-table (10th-13th), comfortably safe from relegation & a decent run in one of the cups would top it off nicely (quarters or better). I don't think I'm being pessimistic at all, just realistic.

So what of everyone else then? Would Chelsea & Man Utd fans think anything less than the title is a failure? Would Pompey fans just be happy to survive & not get relegated again?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    With all the financial chaos out there it has to be "Not to have to go into administration"
  • edited August 2010
     I really feel my team Bury can get promoted this season Because we have a good manager in Alan Knill who as learned a lot over the last two seasons. If Bishop and Lowe can stay fit this season we certainly have the fire power to go all the way! Come on the Shakers!
  • edited August 2010
    Hi guys.

Watford is the cross i bear and if we stay up and avoid administration it will be a fantastic season.

Still alot of unanswered questions about where all the money went from are time in the premiership and the transfer money from all the players we sold. 

We have had some brilliant young lads on loan from arsenal and man utd which made the different last season but not sure we've got them again for this season.

achill
  • edited August 2010
    good thread Bob -

a successful season for me... Newcastle being comfortable come May next year. I really don't want to go through the nerves of being in a relegation fight again. anything from 14th-10th would be just great!

I'd also really like to see Andy Carroll pull on an England jersey
  • edited August 2010
    Donny will no doubt be inconsistant again, and be mid table with 7/8 games left, when the fans star believing 7 wins out of 8 wud get is into the play-offs.

We will then go and beat the top of the league away, we'll start to dream, then someone like scunny will turn us over at home and the dream will be over.

Be careful what u wish for I guess, gimmie 10th, n i'll be a happy chappy.

- And hold on to waltzing Sean O'Driscoll !!!
  • edited August 2010
    1st only 1st and not a 2 team race old firm to be split pos hibs
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: What would constitute a successful season for your team?:
    1st only 1st and not a 2 team race old firm to be split pos hibs
    Posted by -JINKY-
    I need a lay doon Jinky ;0)
  • edited August 2010
    For Swindon, if we can make the play-offs again that would be great. We had a fantastic season last year and so close to promotion, but maybe it was a 1 off? I don't know, we looked so solid, Danny Wilson has done a great job and also brought in some decent signings.

We will definatly not be an easy games that teams have thought in the past. Automatic maybe a step too far, but think play-offs will be the aim again!
  • edited August 2010
    getting rid of almunia before the season starts that would be a result & get joe hart cos he aint gonna wanna be 2nd choice at city now he has gotta taste of the big time but it dont look like its gonna happen spend some money wenger and offer him first team football every week.
  • edited August 2010
    cmon u daggers, id like mid table but more realstic i think dagg and redbridge 2 avoid relegation would be great!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    to win the prem spurs fail to make champ lge will make it pefect
  • edited August 2010
    A succesful season for us would be to scrape into the play-offs after having sacked Blackwell 8 games in.

And obviously for the other lot to continue their freefall!! (Anyone got a spare 5mill to help em out??)
  • edited August 2010
    HAVIN A SEASON AFTER LAST YEARS WAS PRETTY MUCH OVER LEAGUE WISE BY SEPTEMBER AFTER OUR TERRIBLE START AND THE FACT THE PREMIER LEAGUE COULDNT GET RID OF US QUICK ENOUGH. THANK GOD WE HAD A CUP RUN.
    WEVE ALREADY HAD ONE SUCCES BY NOT STARTING ON -10 SO STAYING UP AND BECOMING FINANCIALY STABLE WOULD DO FOR ME THIS SEASON.
    IM REALY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SEASON BEING ABLE TO DO MORE AWAY GAMES AND NOT BEING STIFFED  FOR £50 FOR A TICKET IN THE WORST SEATS IN THE GROUND.
    OFF TO COV TOMMORROW 3 OFF US FOR UNDER £100 INCLUDING PETROL!

AS THE SONG GOES
                   YOU CAN STICK YOU PREMIER LEAGUE UP YOU @RSE.   
  • edited August 2010
      As a completely deluded Hatters fan, only promotion back into the football league would constitute a successful season.

Well i live in hope.
  • edited August 2010
    As a Liverpool fan, I would say a top 4 finish with much improved performances all round.......plus Man U getting turned over by Chelsea, and Alex Ferguson been ousted from the club replaced by Rafa Benetiz.
  • edited August 2010
    I'll have a good idea whether a corner has been turned, or another frustrating season after game 5.