You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did i play these Hands Right -

Hi all

this is not a moan i would just like some feedback which helps me with my poker

these 2 hands are from tonights mickjenn1 10 seat deepstack  the 1st led to how i played the 2nd

my question is did i play it right

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Ozzie08 Small blind   15.00 15.00 4955.00
MRDICKIE Big blind   30.00 45.00 4940.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

Dazler Raise   90.00 135.00 10030.00
daznsam Fold        
Norbit Fold        
DTWBANDIT Call   90.00 225.00 4300.00
bai28 Fold        
Rattious Fold        
_DAC_ Fold        
Ozzie08 Fold        
MRDICKIE Fold        
Flop

Dazler Check        
DTWBANDIT Bet   120.00 345.00 4180.00
Dazler Call   120.00 465.00 9910.00
Turn

• Q

Dazler Check        
DTWBANDIT Bet   240.00 705.00 3940.00
Dazler Raise   480.00 1185.00 9430.00
DTWBANDIT Call   240.00 1425.00 3700.00
River

• J

Dazler Check        
DTWBANDIT Check        
Dazler Show
  • J
  • K

DTWBANDIT Show
  • A

Dazler Win Pair of Jacks 1425.00   10855.00
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Dazler Small blind   15.00 15.00 10810.00
daznsam Big blind   30.00 45.00 4982.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Norbit Fold        
DTWBANDIT Call   30.00 75.00 3670.00
bai28 Call   30.00 105.00 4650.00
Rattious Fold        
_DAC_ Call   30.00 135.00 5480.00
Ozzie08 Fold        
MRDICKIE Fold        
Dazler Raise   105.00 240.00 10705.00
daznsam Fold        
DTWBANDIT Call   90.00 330.00 3580.00
bai28 Call   90.00 420.00 4560.00
_DAC_ Call   90.00 510.00 5390.00
Flop

Dazler Bet   510.00 1020.00 10195.00
DTWBANDIT Raise   1020.00 2040.00 2560.00
bai28 Call   1020.00 3060.00 3540.00
_DAC_ Call   1020.00 4080.00 4370.00
Dazler All-in   10195.00 14275.00 0.00
DTWBANDIT All-in   2560.00 16835.00 0.00
bai28 All-in   3540.00 20375.00 0.00
_DAC_ All-in   4370.00 24745.00 0.00
Turn

• A

River

Dazler Show
  • Q
  • Q

DTWBANDIT Show
  • J
  • J

bai28 Show
  • A

_DAC_ Show

_DAC_ Win Three 8s 19430.00   19430.00
Dazler Win Pair of Queens 5315.00   5315.00

thank you all

Comments

• edited August 2009
    IN HAND ONE ... I DONT THINK U DID NOTHING THAT BAD.... U REPRESENTED U HAD HIT THE BOARD WHICH WAS PRETTY DRY AND FIRED OUT GOOD SIZE BULLETS ON THE FLOP AND TURN..., U HAD A GUTSHOT AND THE OVERCARD POST FLOP AND BET OUT WELL AFTER VILLAIN CHECKED TO U... I LIKE UR BET ON THE TURN OF 240 BUT WHEN I GET MIN RAISED WITH A Q SHOWING I MAY OF POSSIBLY LET THAT GO(EVEN THO U WERE STILL AHEAD).. OR RERAISE BACK... DEPENDING ON UR STYLE.... THE RIVER LEAVES U WITH ACE HIGH... AND 3.7K BEHIND... AGAIN DEPENDING ON UR STYLE..AND IT SEEMS THAT DAZZLER IS A "LAG" A CHECK WAS GOOD ENUOGH AS IF U FIRED IN A THIRD BULLET OF 2/3RD OR SHOVED IM SURE DAZZLER WOULD OF CALLED... THING IS IT WAS LOOSE PLAY BY DAZZLER TO CALL THE FLOP WIV JK(BUT HE HAD A STACK AND MAYBE WAS TRYING TO RUN OVER THE TABLE)BUT WHEN HE MINRAISED U I THINK HE WAS FINDING OUT "WHERE HE WAS" U WERE JUST UNLUCKY ON THE RIVER... TURN PLAY IS CRUCIAL IN AN MTT AND HE COULD OF HAD A SET AND WAS SLOW PLAYING... LIKE I MENTIONED... EITHER FOLD ON TURN OR RERAISE HIS RAISE... BUT THE CHECK ON THE RIVER WAS UR ONLY OPTTION AS U WOULD OF BLED MORE CHIPS....

IN HAND TWO.....DONT LIKE THE FLAT CALL WITH UR JACKS.... I WOULD OF RAISED IT UP TO 120-150... NARROW THE FIELD... HOOKS ARE A HAND U WANT TO PLAY AGAINST ONE OPPO... NOT 4! WHEN DAZLER (AGAIN) RASIED U.. ALOT OF PLAYERS JUST CALL...TO SEE A FLOP AS THEY ALL DONE... PERSONALLY I WOULD RERAISE IN THIS SITUATION AGAIN TRYING TO NARROW THE FIELD AND PUT MY OPPO ON A HAND... IF U HAD DONE THIS SAY RERAISE TO 570 THEN U WOULD OF EITHER POSSIBLY GOT A CALLER OR BEEN RERAISED URSELF... THIS GIVES U INFO AND U CAN PUT UR OPPO ON A RANGE FROM SAY 10S-ACES... IF VILAIN HAD SHOVED I WOULD OF PASSED AS NOW THE INFO IVE GOT IS THAT MY HOOKS ARE NO GOOD... AND PUT HIM ON QQ-AA. THE FLOP COMES PRETTY DRAW HEAVY... SETS, FLUSH DRAWS STR8S PRETTY SCARY...WHEN DAZZLER BETS 510... UVE GOT TO ASK URSELFWHAT  UR OTHER OPPOS HAVE GOT AS WELL... Y WOULD THEY BE IN THE POT HAVE THEY GOT 9S 8S OR 5S... AKX OVER PAIRS... UR HOOKS DO LOOK GOOD AND IF AND I SAY ONLY IF IT WAS ME AND DAZZLER I WOULD OF PROB RERAISED HIM ALL IN... BUT BECAUSE IVE GOT 2 BEHIND ME....WHO WILL PROB CALL OR EVEN RAISE THE 510 I MAY OF FLAT CALLED JUST TO SEE THE TURN IF IT WAS A BLANK..OR A SCARE CARD,BY MINRAISING U SETTING URSELF IN... AS PLAYERS BEHIND U WILL CALL OR RERAISE U... TO WHICH THEY DID LEAVING U NO EQUITY...IF U HAD FLAT CALLED THE 510 STILL WOULD OF LEFT U BEST PART OF 3K PLENTY OF TIME IN A SLEEPSTACK... BY THE SHOVE OF DAZZLER U HAD PRETTY MUCH COMMITED AND 4 WAY POT IS NOT GOOD....AND U MUST KNOW UR BEHIND.... I PERSONALLY THINK IT WAS PREFLOP PLAY THAT LET U DOWN... AS DAZZLER IS A "LAG" AND IF U HAD RERAISED HIS RAISE IM SURE HE WOULD OF SHOVED... U COULD THEN PASS TO HIS QQ AND IF MR 88 WANTED TO GO ALONG HE WOULD OF COLLECTED...HIS MADE SET... BUT U WOULD OF STILL BEEN IN AND MADE A GOOD SOLID LAYDOWN... HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK;-)
  • edited August 2009
    In Response to Re: Did i play these Hands Right -:
    IN HAND ONE ... I DONT THINK U DID NOTHING THAT BAD.... U REPRESENTED U HAD HIT THE BOARD WHICH WAS PRETTY DRY AND FIRED OUT GOOD SIZE BULLETS ON THE FLOP AND TURN..., U HAD A GUTSHOT AND THE OVERCARD POST FLOP AND BET OUT WELL AFTER VILLAIN CHECKED TO U... I LIKE UR BET ON THE TURN OF 240 BUT WHEN I GET MIN RAISED WITH A Q SHOWING I MAY OF POSSIBLY LET THAT GO(EVEN THO U WERE STILL AHEAD).. OR RERAISE BACK... DEPENDING ON UR STYLE.... THE RIVER LEAVES U WITH ACE HIGH... AND 3.7K BEHIND... AGAIN DEPENDING ON UR STYLE..AND IT SEEMS THAT DAZZLER IS A "LAG" A CHECK WAS GOOD ENUOGH AS IF U FIRED IN A THIRD BULLET OF 2/3RD OR SHOVED IM SURE DAZZLER WOULD OF CALLED... THING IS IT WAS LOOSE PLAY BY DAZZLER TO CALL THE FLOP WIV JK(BUT HE HAD A STACK AND MAYBE WAS TRYING TO RUN OVER THE TABLE)BUT WHEN HE MINRAISED U I THINK HE WAS FINDING OUT "WHERE HE WAS" U WERE JUST UNLUCKY ON THE RIVER... TURN PLAY IS CRUCIAL IN AN MTT AND HE COULD OF HAD A SET AND WAS SLOW PLAYING... LIKE I MENTIONED... EITHER FOLD ON TURN OR RERAISE HIS RAISE... BUT THE CHECK ON THE RIVER WAS UR ONLY OPTTION AS U WOULD OF BLED MORE CHIPS.... IN HAND TWO.....DONT LIKE THE FLAT CALL WITH UR JACKS.... I WOULD OF RAISED IT UP TO 120-150... NARROW THE FIELD... HOOKS ARE A HAND U WANT TO PLAY AGAINST ONE OPPO... NOT 4! WHEN DAZLER (AGAIN) RASIED U.. ALOT OF PLAYERS JUST CALL...TO SEE A FLOP AS THEY ALL DONE... PERSONALLY I WOULD RERAISE IN THIS SITUATION AGAIN TRYING TO NARROW THE FIELD AND PUT MY OPPO ON A HAND... IF U HAD DONE THIS SAY RERAISE TO 570 THEN U WOULD OF EITHER POSSIBLY GOT A CALLER OR BEEN RERAISED URSELF... THIS GIVES U INFO AND U CAN PUT UR OPPO ON A RANGE FROM SAY 10S-ACES... IF VILAIN HAD SHOVED I WOULD OF PASSED AS NOW THE INFO IVE GOT IS THAT MY HOOKS ARE NO GOOD... AND PUT HIM ON QQ-AA. THE FLOP COMES PRETTY DRAW HEAVY... SETS, FLUSH DRAWS STR8S PRETTY SCARY...WHEN DAZZLER BETS 510... UVE GOT TO ASK URSELFWHAT  UR OTHER OPPOS HAVE GOT AS WELL... Y WOULD THEY BE IN THE POT HAVE THEY GOT 9S 8S OR 5S... AKX OVER PAIRS... UR HOOKS DO LOOK GOOD AND IF AND I SAY ONLY IF IT WAS ME AND DAZZLER I WOULD OF PROB RERAISED HIM ALL IN... BUT BECAUSE IVE GOT 2 BEHIND ME....WHO WILL PROB CALL OR EVEN RAISE THE 510 I MAY OF FLAT CALLED JUST TO SEE THE TURN IF IT WAS A BLANK..OR A SCARE CARD,BY MINRAISING U SETTING URSELF IN... AS PLAYERS BEHIND U WILL CALL OR RERAISE U... TO WHICH THEY DID LEAVING U NO EQUITY...IF U HAD FLAT CALLED THE 510 STILL WOULD OF LEFT U BEST PART OF 3K PLENTY OF TIME IN A SLEEPSTACK... BY THE SHOVE OF DAZZLER U HAD PRETTY MUCH COMMITED AND 4 WAY POT IS NOT GOOD....AND U MUST KNOW UR BEHIND.... I PERSONALLY THINK IT WAS PREFLOP PLAY THAT LET U DOWN... AS DAZZLER IS A "LAG" AND IF U HAD RERAISED HIS RAISE IM SURE HE WOULD OF SHOVED... U COULD THEN PASS TO HIS QQ AND IF MR 88 WANTED TO GO ALONG HE WOULD OF COLLECTED...HIS MADE SET... BUT U WOULD OF STILL BEEN IN AND MADE A GOOD SOLID LAYDOWN... HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK;-)
    Posted by jimbo31

many many thanks for helping me out it is much appreciated i was having trouble on how to play jacks and this has cleared things up for me

so THANKS AGAIN Jimboe
  • edited August 2009
    UR MORE THAN WELCOME MATE... GOOD LUCK ;-)
  • edited August 2009
    Hi DTW,
    ok this might not look positive, so im sorry.
    The first hand, why get involved with a raggy ace(the fact it is suited means nowt), this is a DEEPSTACK tourny on a 10 seat table.His raise could have been anything that was beating you, pairs, AK,AQ,AJ,A10,ETC,even JQ is only slightly behind. Just get rid and find a better spot.

The way you played it, to me was aggresive, but in this sort of tourny after the bet on the flop was called i would have shutdown and moved to the next hand.
    Forget the result of the hand. in a deepstack early on dont take too many risks, with hands like this.
    The second hand, i would raise more to thin the field out. I think you are unfortunate that you were second to act after the flop, as your call was not to bad,(in that situation). If you were last to act then my advice would be to fold.
    If you look at the flop, what hands are around--- nut flush, over pair, trips.

I am mainly a TAG player and the problem with to many players is not being able to adapt to slower structures and going from 6 to 10 seaters. I have prolems going into turbo tournies(thats why i dont play them).
    Hope my take on this helps give you another prospective.

col
  • edited August 2009
    Hi DTW, ok this might not look positive, so im sorry. The first hand, why get involved with a raggy ace(the fact it is suited means nowt), this is a DEEPSTACK tourny on a 10 seat table.His raise could have been anything that was beating you, pairs, AK,AQ,AJ,A10,ETC,even JQ is only slightly behind. Just get rid and find a better spot. The way you played it, to me was aggresive, but in this sort of tourny after the bet on the flop was called i would have shutdown and moved to the next hand. Forget the result of the hand. in a deepstack early on dont take too many risks, with hands like this. The second hand, i would raise more to thin the field out. I think you are unfortunate that you were second to act after the flop, as your call was not to bad,(in that situation). If you were last to act then my advice would be to fold. If you look at the flop, what hands are around--- nut flush, over pair, trips. I am mainly a TAG player and the problem with to many players is not being able to adapt to slower structures and going from 6 to 10 seaters. I have prolems going into turbo tournies(thats why i dont play them). Hope my take on this helps give you another prospective. col
    Posted by mr_mbro

It sure has Sir
     normally i play a DYM b4 i play mickjenn1 10 seater but  this time did not realise it was on til 10mins b4 and had just finished speed tourney's so today have taken on board Jimbo31 input

having read your reply i totally agree with u i need to remember to slow down a bit & will use this in my thinking for future deepstacks
        thank you for your excellent reply
       dtw
  • edited August 2009

How do i get a hand history like whats been posted here?
    I can only find the final hand outcome im my accout.

• edited August 2009
    How do i get a hand history like whats been posted here? I can only find the final hand outcome im my accout.
    Posted by SolidStan1

Stan, get the hand number from your account history, then go back to the Sky Poker site and click on "Hand History" in the left hand menu bar (4th down from top under Home, Poker Lobby, Quick Play) and then enter (or paste) that number into the search. Then you'll get the breakdown like you see above.

• edited August 2009
    Thanks, I found that now (thanks to ur post).

But now, I put in the hand number, and it says "no hands found"

Any ideas? hand number:- 184023270
  • edited August 2009
    How old is the hand?

I don't think Sky hold the data for very long. I've just done some of my own tests and I can't see a detailed history for any of my hands prior to Aug 11th (no hand found error). I haven't seen any official statement confirming how long the data is held for but it looks like it may purged after four or five days.
  • edited August 2009
    Sorry for hi-jacking ur thread DTWBANDIT.

Its a very new hand M8. As you will see, about 30 mins before my first post here.

2009-08-14  22:54:23
    • A
    • J
    • BubbleFish won 54200.00 with a Pair of Kings
  • edited August 2009
    I honestly don't know what the issue is Stan. Doing some testing of my own it seems very hit and miss too, and I can't explain why! One for the Sky bods. Sorry!

PS, Soz DTW from me too :-)

• edited August 2009
    Sorry for hi-jacking ur thread DTWBANDIT. Its a very new hand M8. As you will see, about 30 mins before my first post here. 184023270 2009-08-14  22:54:23 72087.50 2 2 A 7 6 3 J 25900.00 BubbleFish won 54200.00 with a Pair of Kings
    Posted by SolidStan1

no worries m8 use this thread as often as you want its for everyone what i do to find my hand is click on hand history on home page left hand side then narrow search to scheduled look through the tourney's til i find which one i want hope this helps m8

dtw
  • edited August 2009
    I honestly don't know what the issue is Stan. Doing some testing of my own it seems very hit and miss too, and I can't explain why! One for the Sky bods. Sorry! PS, Soz DTW from me too :-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk

hiya m8 use the thread as much as you like no problem

dtw
  • edited August 2009
    Hand 1: Fold preflop. Raise on CO/Button. Dont think there is anything more to say, follow that advice and you bypass all the tricky situations.

Hand 2: Raise 3.5bb or you let too many donks in to suckout on you with all their limpy-drawy-passive cards. JJ is a massive hand preflop - why would you ever limp? Slowplaying in early position is badbadbad: you don't build a pot, and you lose tons of equity in the hand.
  • edited August 2009
    Hand 1: Let it go, chuck it, fold it call it whatever you like. You're going to be losing to any other Ace. You've got so much to do to catch up in most situations. Call a low blind I would say but definitely not a raise.

Hand 2: You must raise this to get rid of others. I know what you were trying to do, and often its striking a balance, you don't want to scare everyone off, just all bar one. If you still end up 4-handed, then you're just playing against loose opposition that love a gamble. Pocket Jacks against pocket Queens, well, fair enough, it was almost impossible to win. Pocket 8's is a 50/50, he was given the odds though. I wonder if he'd called a re-raise pre-flop? Not quite sure what A2 was doing pre-flop calling the raise.