You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Difficult spot, silly call?? 8nl

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Bene playing last 40 minutes leading up to this hand and end up playing against the reg who is just picking people of here, no reads as such but will pick up any loose pots. Up to this point i have been playing tight as a nun practically no hands aswell though. on the flop due to flopping two pair i can re-raise to find where im at, i then get the answer with the all in which i put him on a3 but still called more out of curiosity. If anyone asks how i came to the conclusion more on instinct and experiance just need to back my reads!!!

Advice please
Reg Small blind   £0.04 £0.04 £20.19
YOUNG_GUN Big blind   £0.08 £0.12 £8.72
  Your hole cards

jerryjohn1 Call   £0.08 £0.20 £4.00
andez19 Call   £0.08 £0.28 £2.69
mansaab Fold        
Jaws_69 Call   £0.08 £0.36 £2.06
Reg Call   £0.04 £0.40 £20.15
YOUNG_GUN Check        
Flop

Reg Bet   £0.40 £0.80 £19.75
YOUNG_GUN Raise   £1.30 £2.10 £7.42
jerryjohn1 Fold        
andez19 Fold        
Jaws_69 Fold        
Reg Raise   £2.40 £4.50 £17.35
YOUNG_GUN Call   £1.50 £6.00 £5.92
Turn

Reg All-in   £17.35 £23.35 £0.00
YOUNG_GUN All-in   £5.92 £29.27 £0.00
Reg Unmatched bet   £11.43 £17.84 £11.43
Reg Show
  • A

YOUNG_GUN Show

River

Reg Win Straight to the 5 £16.51   £27.94

Comments

• edited August 2010
     Hiya mate. I think you played this perfectly up to a point and then really badly. Preflop fine.

I like the raise on the flop with the bottom 2 pair but the board is very draw heavy so when you were reraised then was the time to either shove or fold not call.In a limped potrag aces and small pairs are highly likely so both A3 and 55 are well within his range here. You are drawing very thin against one and virtually dead against the other. I personally fold to the flop reraise and find a better spot later on with a better hand or a better hit board.
  • edited August 2010
    shove flop win monies ez game
  • edited August 2010
    er lol raise do you not realise he flopped a straight? so wouldnt have won either way
  • edited August 2010
    I hate when people post results, it the worst thing about this forum, if you want honest answer from people give them the situation only.

Ok now ill give my view of the hand, with him 3-betting you on the flop he has giving you the chance to get out and i think i would have folded but i don't know if this is because i can see the result.
  • edited August 2010
    Firstly agree posting results kills the hand. Secondly at this level when he re-raises on the flop I get every penny I have in the middle SHOVE !

If he has A3 or better i wanna see it.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Difficult spot, silly call?? 8nl:
    er lol raise do you not realise he flopped a straight? so wouldnt have won either way
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yea just check fold the flop if he has a straight then. Hindsight ftw...

or don't be results orientated, most the time your good, get it in on the flop v over pair and win monies as lolraise said.
  • edited August 2010
    not being result orientated here jus the fact i knew i should have folded, put him on that exact hand and 80% of time i am right when i guess exact hand just need to believe

sorry for posting result here but really just wanted an answer as most people wouldnt have believed me had i put call or not i have him on a3  aswell post funny enough thats the car i drive on the side note :P