You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

right fold? wrong time?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
nicalana Small blind  150.00 150.00 2505.00
dhm Big blind  300.00 450.00 1580.00
  Your hole cards

The_Don90 Fold     
Chief666 Fold     
nicalana Raise  1350.00 1800.00 1155.00
dhm All-in  1580.00 3380.00 0.00
nicalana Call  380.00 3760.00 775.00
nicalana Show
  • Q
  • K

dhm Show
  • A
  • A

Flop

• J

Turn

River

• A

dhm Win Full House, Aces and 6s 3760.00  3760.00
OK so i decided to fold here, id managed to steal a few blinds and wasnt confident with 66. The rest of the play is standard from my opponents.

Does the fact i hit quads make it the wrong fold, im probably folding later round the pre flop stage anyways, what you guys think?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    what is your stack size
  • edited August 2010
    If you are short then it should have been an insta shove.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: right fold? wrong time?:
    what is your stack size
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
  • edited August 2010
    FOLD!
    no need to play it and don't keep looking at "what would have been" cos once it's folded it's folded...on to the next hand :o)
    As I said before DYM's are all about preserving chips and not being the hero to take everyone out by being the only one risking your chips.
  • edited August 2010
    Well it's a fold or a shove.

I'm shoving here like almost all the time.

If you can add 450 to your stack uncontested gives you a bit of breathing space.

You'd have been unlucky to walk into aces but think it's worth a try at the steal.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to right fold? wrong time?:
    Does the fact i hit quads make it the wrong fold,
    Posted by The_Don90

erm?
  • edited August 2010
    u folded quads?
  • edited August 2010
    If you folded 27 o/s and the flop came down 222 would this thread be here?
  • edited August 2010
    If you folded 27 o/s and the flop came down 222 would this thread be here?
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Kind of understand your point Clio, but he folded a hand which is beating AK pre-flop so it's not really a fair comparison with 27 o/s is it?

But as you said earlier I agree it's fold or shove imo - under the gun it's a tricky spot so it's a "how you feel" situation with the stack Don's got. If he's just not feeling it at that moment in time, bin em.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: right fold? wrong time? : Kind of understand your point Clio, but he folded a hand which is beating AK pre-flop so it's not really a fair comparison with 27 o/s is it? But as you said earlier I agree it's fold or shove imo - under the gun it's a tricky spot so it's a "how you feel" situation with the stack Don's got. If he's just not feeling it at that moment in time, bin em.
    Posted by JingleMa
    so if eastenders is on you fold and if only fools and horses is on you call? is this the jingle theorem?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: right fold? wrong time? : so if eastenders is on you fold and if only fools and horses is on you call? is this the jingle theorem?
    Posted by N1CK
    Yes lol.

Just to elaborate further, I do believe "if you think long, you think wrong" holds true most of the time so if you don't immediately think "shove" in this spot, it's better to let it go imo, cos you only end up feeling worse when you go against your gut and lose. So if you accept either shove or fold is the correct play here, go with your 1st instinct and you're less likely to go on tilt after, whatever happens.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: right fold? wrong time? : Kind of understand your point Clio, but he folded a hand which is beating AK pre-flop so it's not really a fair comparison with 27 o/s is it? But as you said earlier I agree it's fold or shove imo - under the gun it's a tricky spot so it's a "how you feel" situation with the stack Don's got. If he's just not feeling it at that moment in time, bin em.
    Posted by JingleMa
    All true but he is only judging it being a bad fold by the fact a couple of 6's hit the flop!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: right fold? wrong time? : All true but he is only judging it being a bad fold by the fact a couple of 6's hit the flop!
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Yes, but with 27 o/s he has no decision - 66 is a genuine hand which we both agree he could have played either way - so are you now saying this is an insta fold?

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: right fold? wrong time? : Yes, but with 27 o/s he has no decision - 66 is a genuine hand which we both agree he could have played either way - so are you now saying this is an insta fold?
    Posted by JingleMa
    I actually said I'd prob ship it.

But then again I'm not much of a DYM player.