You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

main event prize pools

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
hi all was just wondering wot evry1 thought of the main event or 8 oclock torn prize pools, ie 3000 open. 2.5k double stack, i can remember when these torns were at least double.......

Comments

• edited August 2010

They will go up dont worry.

• edited August 2010
    hope so m8, bring back a shove fest once a week imo, used 2 get 700 runners every day
  • edited August 2010

They seem to be gradually on the increase, the Primo is back up to £10k and some of the mid weeks 8pm's have been lower then what they are now I think
  • edited August 2010

July and August is quite for all online poker sites--because it's the holiday season + recession +government cut backs + high unemployment = lower guarantees for tournaments at this time of year.
    its unlikely that guarantees will ever get back to the dizzy heights of 2 years ago on any site

unemployment in this country seems highest with the younger generation (16-24) and as with any entertainment business they rely on this age group as they have as yet, hardly any family commitments, so if they are not working they cant spend--

the news will tell us that we  are coming out from the recession however banks  are not lending to small and medium businesses still, because they are being told by government that they must hold sock of cash reserves, so as not to fall into the same disastrous events of last years banking collapse again--
    -
    so to answer the question of higher guarantees here--only when customer numbers rise, and when its safe to do so--

no my names not gorden brown or david cameron--
    in fact i wish i hadn't explained all this now --there's probably nobody reading this anyway--
    everyone's looking for a job in situations vacant at the banks--
    looks like they will  be having  a champagne windfall bonus again this month--
  • edited August 2010
    batman 2 the rescue... imo the site has doubled in size in 2 years yet pools r halving
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: main event prize pools:
    batman 2 the rescue... imo the site has doubled in size in 2 years yet pools r halving
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    +1 m8 they DO keep tellin us numbers are rising even now
  • edited August 2010
    I'm not sure what the problem is with smaller guarantees. If the guarantee is down it's because the field is expected to be down. OK so the Primo has a first prize of about £3,600 but that is a reflection of a smaller field, and with a smaller field your chances are increased. Sky can't be expected to overlay all the main event tournaments and they have to react to current numbers on the site. I'm sure the numbers will increase later in the year and with that will be increased prizepools. As the entrants increase so everyones chances of winning diminish.

Anyone winning any of next weeks main events will I'm sure be delighted, I know I would even at todays payouts.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm not sure what the problem is with smaller guarantees. If the guarantee is down it's because the field is expected to be down. OK so the Primo has a first prize of about £3,600 but that is a reflection of a smaller field, and with a smaller field your chances are increased. Sky can't be expected to overlay all the main event tournaments and they have to react to current numbers on the site. I'm sure the numbers will increase later in the year and with that will be increased prizepools. As the entrants increase so everyones chances of winning diminish. Anyone winning any of next weeks main events will I'm sure be delighted, I know I would even at todays payouts.
    Posted by elsadog
    No im gonna save my 'main event' wins when the prizepools are mega ;o)))
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: main event prize pools : No im gonna save my 'main event' wins when the prizepools are mega ;o)))
    Posted by dav1964

Shrewd Dave very shrewd :o)
  • edited August 2010
    July and August is quite for all online poker sites--because it's the holiday season + recession +government cut backs + high unemployment = lower guarantees for tournaments at this time of year. its unlikely that guarantees will ever get back to the dizzy heights of 2 years ago on any site unemployment in this country seems highest with the younger generation (16-24) and as with any entertainment business they rely on this age group as they have as yet, hardly any family commitments, so if they are not working they cant spend-- the news will tell us that we  are coming out from the recession however banks  are not lending to small and medium businesses still, because they are being told by government that they must hold sock of cash reserves, so as not to fall into the same disastrous events of last years banking collapse again-- - so to answer the question of higher guarantees here--only when customer numbers rise, and when its safe to do so-- no my names not gorden brown or david cameron-- in fact i wish i hadn't explained all this now --there's probably nobody reading this anyway-- everyone's looking for a job in situations vacant at the banks-- looks like they will  be having  a champagne windfall bonus again this month--
    Posted by batman4
    Obviously never met me ;-)

The numbers are definatly back on the increase, as well as the GTD PP's... The Primo got a massive amount either this week or last I can't rmember which. Also all the other 8pm tournaments have increased from a couple of months ago. Its nice to see a top prize is back above 1k again, and one point it got down to about 800!!

Value for money is the Friday rebuy, More chips, longer structure, and bigger PP/runner ratio because its more like a 22 game than an 11.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: main event prize pools : Obviously never met me ;-) The numbers are definatly back on the increase, as well as the GTD PP's... The Primo got a massive amount either this week or last I can't rmember which. Also all the other 8pm tournaments have increased from a couple of months ago. Its nice to see a top prize is back above 1k again, and one point it got down to about 800!! Value for money is the Friday rebuy, More chips, longer structure, and bigger PP/runner ratio because its more like a 22 game than an 11.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Lold at ure opening comment ;o)))