You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Jam and goujons!

edited August 2010 in The Shed
I took the wife and 7 year old grandchild to the supermarket. Two hours later i picked them up, and in the car on the way home my wife said to me 'i got us goujons tonight, i'll grill them with some jam on top' My seven year old grandchild immediately piped up 'no nanny they're croissants!' Fancy being corrected by a seven year old lol. I'll stick to using my George Formby grill, it's safer!

Comments

• edited August 2010

If we are on a Food faux-pas then try this one for size loony.....

Many moons ago (about 5 years worth) me and the missus were supposed to be going for a nice night out, baby-sitter in place, everything sorted.

Phone goes about 3.30 that afternoon...major problem at work, my attendance was required at a Job someone had done in Barnsley. Night-Out bites the dust before lift-off :0(

Was gutted, and she knew I was because we don't get many nights out together nowadays.

Feeling my pain, she said "Don't worry, I will pop over to the Supermarket and get you a nice piece of Steak".

Bless her, I was going to be doing well to be home before 10pm and she was going to cook me a bit of steak, with all the trimmings. I was instructed to phone when I was setting off for home so she could have it waiting for me coming in.

I got home, kicked off my boots and couldn't wait to get tucked in.

"There is a bit of a problem with your Steak" she said. "I forgot to get any Mushrooms".

"No problems darling, Steak & Chips will be fine".

As she produces the plate she says "I didn't know what to do, so I done you Baked Beans". Bless.

FFS Baked Beans with a Steak!!!

Anyone else had an odd "side" before?

• edited August 2010
    are you sure you heard the wife right, wasnt it `ive got two johns tonight i`ll thrill em with some jam on top` hey hey hey.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Jam and goujons!:
    are you sure you heard the wife right, wasnt it `ive got two johns tonight i`ll thrill em with some jam on top` hey hey hey.
    Posted by lucy4
    [Groan!]
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Jam and goujons!:
    Posted by lucy4
    pmsl Lucy, you kill me!

I can`t see fer the tears in my eyes! : )