You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£10 - £10k in 10 weeks

edited August 2010 in The Shed
1 bet a week for 10 weeks either 1 team or combination of teams to make odds of roughly evens, then just keep putting your returns back on for as long as your nerves holds out. last year got upto about £600 was gonna stop after one more week put it on liverpool & derby to win well the rest is history as they say but i only really lost £10 (as i kept telling myself) will stop earlier this time & start again if getting results aint got the balls for bigger stakes. i will be interested to see how far people can go even with smaller starting stake.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Cracking post m8, used to try this with a few mates on the footy coupon and got one line up to around 2k before deciding on a 4-way split. The only rule we had was One selection per week (it was almost certainly a Football win single) and at nothing shorter than 1/2.

Might try this myself this season, £1 on 1 selection, let it ride, and start a new £1 per-line every week. You can have a few lines running, it only costs your original stake and you decide when to stop.

If you have the patience/discipline, you could turn a few quid on this system.
  • edited August 2010

PATIENCE/DISIPLINE they are the two key words its always tempting to add another selection to speed things up but im gonna do your idea of starting a new £1 one every week and see where that takes me as well as my £10 you would think it would be easy to do but there is always a hiccup along the way.

• edited August 2010
    I"m in lucy , will start next week proper. will start with a single/double 1st week.
    Will keep u up 2 date .

• edited August 2010
    This is kool - wud it make sense to go for something slightly more in-probably than usual in the first week? AS Ur kinda free-rolling with nothing to lose as such?
  • edited August 2010
    patience & discipline dohhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    i knew i forgot a `c`somewhere
  • edited August 2010

This is a belting thread Lucy4, think we could run this with us all posting our selection every week and putting on updates.

• edited August 2010
    i tell you what if there was a way of making a little group up with us all and each taking turns to pick the bet that would be good but i dont know if that could be done on here just for fun nothing serious.
  • edited August 2010
    Great thread this good luck to everyone. Ive done Middlesboro and QPR to a £10 stake.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: £10 - £10k in 10 weeks:
    This is a belting thread Lucy4, think we could run this with us all posting our selection every week and putting on updates.
    Posted by emilyegg
    i had a look at that site you sent plenty of info on there will be using it thanks. have you done the `goals galore` bet before dont matter who wins just as long both teams score you win, but thats another bet where you always put an extra couple in that you shoudnt, its good while watching the scores come in on a saturday afternoon in the pub.
  • edited August 2010
    Not keen on everyone takes a shot at the bet  if its the whole kitty , done that before and on my turn blew the lot Not nice still get stick . : (   If thats what u mean.In Response to Re: £10 - £10k in 10 weeks:
    In Response to Re: £10 - £10k in 10 weeks : i had a look at that site you sent plenty of info on there will be using it thanks. have you done the `goals galore` bet before dont matter who wins just as long both teams score you win, but thats another bet where you always put an extra couple in that you shoudnt, its good while watching the scores come in on a saturday afternoon in the pub.
    Posted by lucy4
  • edited August 2010
    Ok im up for this, not sure what will happen should i reach the 500 mark tho think id have to cash out then but lets see.

This week £10 on sheff wed 1/2 Reading 8/15 (with a whole host of bookies) pays £23
  • edited August 2010
    the quest starts today £10k here we come haha. after last nights shock? win for watford gonna stick with the goals galore betting for the first few weeks till some sort of form works out. so done BORO v IPSWICH & NOTTS C v HUDDERSFIELD both teams to score in each match £5 returns £17, remember slowly slowly catchy monkey. also done a 9 match accum just for fun while watching the scores come in down the pub £1 returns £220. the thing i like about these bets is you dont care who wins as long as they score & a lot of the games can be done within the first half so no hanging on till the last kick of the game. good luck everyone.
  • edited August 2010
    Not a good start :( bloody reading
  • edited August 2010
    same here notts county cant even score a goal at home theres always next week