You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A little odd thing

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Ok no real hand as example here.

Im going to add this as a question, you chip leader of a MTT and you and you get the same hand same suits etc 3 hands in a row. Its not a fantastic hand or anything that could create anything worthwhile normally. However if given the option to see a cheap flop third time round would you take it?

I know this is a weak spot of mine as i usually do sometimes it works often it doesnt. Just a question i thought id ask, its a little thing ive just done over the years.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    if i was in blinds and am now on btn/co then occasionally yea
  • edited August 2010
    Why not raise and give yourself 2 options to win the hand? The problem I find when limping in with a hand like xx suited to try and hit a monster is that most the time your going to hit just a flush draw at best, so it may be costly to chase it, it's very rare to flop a flush, and if you do you probably won't get paid because no one else has a hand as they have all just limped pre. I would rather raise and give myself 2 ways to win the hand. Or just set mine and call an early position raise with a pocket pair, hit a monster much more likely and stack an over pair :)
  • edited August 2010
    Your really superstitious aren't you Don, the odds of you hitting with this hand still don't change. The only reason your playing this hand is because you think "I've had this hand 3 times in a row now, it must be a sign from above that its going to hit a monster" just dump it. The amount of buy ins that I've lost playing like that.
  • edited August 2010
    if you missed it the first two time around then your odds are getting better lol
  • edited August 2010
    if i hear you say "see a cheap flop" one more time....
  • edited August 2010
    Ok lets take something like (9d 6d) it doesn't connect the first two times with the community card, now you decide to play it your odds of hitting increase slightly but not by much but what doesn't change is your chance to win the pot. 96s against 5 other opponent still only has a 17% win rate whether you play it the first, second or third time.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: A little odd thing:
    Your really superstitious aren't you Don, the odds of you hitting with this hand still don't change. The only reason your playing this hand is because you think "I've had this hand 3 times in a row now, it must be a sign from above that its going to hit a monster" just dump it. The amount of buy ins that I've lost playing like that.
    Posted by TopTopGun
    Spot on an old supersitition of mine.