You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

You could not make it up. I blame Orford.

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat

I played 2 Online Tourneys last night. If I'm honest, I was not in the best of moods, & was being battered from pillar to Post on the Forums over this & that.

I exited the first, the Forum Deepstack, in a pretty naff play early doors, when I called a shove whilst holding two over & the NFD. BAD play at that stage.

In the 2nd, the £11 8.30pm TOTTY, I went to sleep, so much so that an endless queue of Railers kept coming & going to ask if Id played a hand yet. So, every half an hour, I'd shove blind with air, just to make a point.

Slowly, I started gathering chips. In the SB with 9-7, a flop of 9-9-7 was nice, even that was bested by the turn - the fourth 9. And Diggerman was merrily betting into me, every street. I love that man. Then my K-K into Q-Q, & before I knew it, we were deep into the late stages.

By now, I'd turned off all Forums, & was chilling a bit better. Which was when it happened.

The Rail included Dyl (not to be confused with Norman Cook), Hoggers, Machka, Orford, Cowgomoo, & a few others.

Suddenly, the chat-box was flat-to-the-boards busy.

Subjects?

The Isle of Wight Railway.

Electricity Pylon Architecture.

The Breeding habits of Ducks.

The Mating method of Sea-Horses.

Giraffe stories.

Giraffe & Gidzo stories.

Letters to God websites.

Animal Pride Marches.

Dolphin Blow-holes.

Orford came up with most of them.

Quite what the other players thought of all this I can't begin to imagine. 

A night's poker can be really quite educational.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to You could not make it up. I blame Orford.:
    I played 2 Online Tourneys last night. If I'm honest, I was not in the best of moods, & was being battered from pillar to Post on the Forums over this & that. I exited the first, the Forum Deepstack, in a pretty naff play early doors, when I called a shove whilst holding two over & the NFD. BAD play at that stage. In the 2nd, the £11 8.30pm TOTTY, I went to sleep, so much so that an endless queue of Railers kept coming & going to ask if Id played a hand yet. So, every half an hour, I'd shove blind with air, just to make a point. Slowly, I started gathering chips. In the SB with 9-7, a flop of 9-9-7 was nice, even that was bested by the turn - the fourth 9. And Diggerman was merrily betting into me, every street. I love that man. Then my K-K into Q-Q, & before I knew it, we were deep into the late stages. By now, I'd turned off all Forums, & was chilling a bit better. Which was when it happened. The Rail included Dyl (not to be confused with Norman Cook), Hoggers, Machka, Orford, Cowgomoo, & a few others. Suddenly, the chat-box was flat-to-the-boards busy. Subjects? The Isle of Wight Railway. Electricity Pylon Architecture. The Breeding habits of Ducks. The Mating method of Sea-Horses. Giraffe stories. Giraffe & Gidzo stories. Letters to God websites. Animal Pride Marches. Dolphin Blow-holes. Orford came up with most of them. Quite what the other players thought of all this I can't begin to imagine.  A night's poker can be really quite educational.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony,
    Can you check your PM's for Tikay1 please

col
  • edited August 2010
    I'm just waiting with to see how much on that chat box makes it onto Thursday nights show!

Speaking of Pylons, I noted that the SPT Notts Structure bears a striking resemblance to one.
  • edited August 2010
    I must admit it was the strangest rail chat i have ever seen, even by our own standards!

Fantastic fun, and i'm glad you managed to chillax and enjoy the poker and banter later on in the evening tikay

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: You could not make it up. I blame Orford.:
    I must admit it was the strangest rail chat i have ever seen, even by our own standards! Fantastic fun, and i'm glad you managed to chillax and enjoy the poker and banter later on in the evening tikay
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Imagine if LM had been involved in the mix!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: You could not make it up. I blame Orford.:
    In Response to Re: You could not make it up. I blame Orford. : Imagine if LM had been involved in the mix!
    Posted by Machka
    I don't know what you mean...