You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sorry but someone please explain to me what happened here

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
woody973 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.88
xBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.67
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

afc74 Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £3.65
woody973 Fold     
xRaise  £0.32 £0.58 £3.35
The_Don90 Raise  £0.80 £1.38 £2.85
xCall  £0.64 £2.02 £2.71
Flop

• J

xCheck     
The_Don90 All-in  £2.85 £4.87 £0.00
xAll-in  £2.71 £7.58 £0.00
The_Don90 Unmatched bet  £0.14 £7.44 £0.14
xShow
  • A

The_Don90 Show
  • A
  • K

Turn

River

• A

xWin Two Pairs, Aces and 2s £6.89  £6.89

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Your 4-bet should be bigger about £1 to £1.20, you want to try and get all the money in pre flop with that hand.
  • edited August 2010

its that premium hand that is A2,again..

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Sorry but someone please explain to me what happened here:
    Your 4-bet should be bigger about £1 to £1.20, you want to try and get all the money in pre flop with that hand.
    Posted by TopTopGun
    definatley! they will stack off with lots of out kicked aces,
  • edited August 2010
    The vilian would have called however big your 4 bet was, I suspect he believes any A is a premium hand. He out drew you m8 take notes on him and next time he will pay u back with interest I hope lol
  • edited August 2010
    The vilian would have called however big your 4 bet was, I suspect he believes any A is a premium hand. He out drew you m8 take notes on him and next time he will pay u back with interest I hope lol
    Posted by waynecure
    thats what i done, unfortuntly he gave me 50p back before running away again. Notes are made and i plan to get him next time.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Sorry but someone please explain to me what happened here:
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance woody973 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.88 x Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.67   Your hole cards A K       afc74 Fold         The_Don90 Raise   £0.20 £0.26 £3.65 woody973 Fold         x Raise   £0.32 £0.58 £3.35 The_Don90 Raise   £0.80 £1.38 £2.85 x Call   £0.64 £2.02 £2.71 Flop     6 J 3       x Check         The_Don90 All-in   £2.85 £4.87 £0.00 x All-in   £2.71 £7.58 £0.00 The_Don90 Unmatched bet   £0.14 £7.44 £0.14 x Show 2 A       The_Don90 Show A K       Turn     2       River     A       x Win Two Pairs, Aces and 2s £6.89   £6.89
    Posted by The_Don90
    Hi Don,
    Sorry mate but no i cant explain it apart from they might just fancied a bit of gamble that night, i have no idea why people do this.
    but in some respect you want these nutters to play you, especially if you have the nuts because you get paid of big style.
    My advice is watch this player and make detailed notes on his play, then nail them somewhere along the line.

col
  • edited August 2010

Although i dont like the villains play here more but i dont like yours either here don, overplayed AK at its finest there imo

Yes in the end you was up against cr@p but bad play, when re-raised preflop should have chosen whether to commit or not or even just call and hope to hit. After that flop why you have gone all in god knows? anything other then a bluff is beating you and 95% hands would be ahead which call you in this spot.

Played it terrible and he played it worse and got lucky, still shouldn't be overcomitting on ace high even at micros

• edited August 2010
    u got ur money in gd - what u want - and got unlucky

shake it off n move on
  • edited August 2010
    Although i agree he got his money in good, but the way he has played this would not be the case most of the time. Don please do not overcommit with your AK pre flop unless you against someone 20 bb or less, as most the time you'll be up against a pair for them to call. also if you miss the flop dont go all in as not even beating a bluff unless is 50/50, in this case you got lucky by what you was against but still played it wrong so im not going to pat you on the back im afraid
  • edited August 2010
    Although i agree he got his money in good, but the way he has played this would not be the case most of the time. Don please do not overcommit with your AK pre flop unless you against someone 20 bb or less, as most the time you'll be up against a pair for them to call. also if you miss the flop dont go all in as not even beating a bluff unless is 50/50, in this case you got lucky by what you was against but still played it wrong so im not going to pat you on the back im afraid
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Wasnt looking for a pat on the back. AK on cash tables is a hand i find really odd to play hense why i posted this. I thought it was a goo example of how i was playing it, and how i didnt get away with it.
  • edited August 2010
    I was more pointing to the people who said you got it in good and missed actually how it was played Don

Pre flop initial raise fine, When he re-raises should either be doing 2 things, either sticking them in there if you have a good read that will play rag ace or worse hands like this. or alternatively as opposed to the re-raise here you made should call and hope to hit or even fire out on the flop but would have been cheaper and instead of your re-raise could have used that to fire on the flop, i agree AK is probably one of the hardest to play but is simple in these games. hope this makes sense?
  • edited August 2010
    yea it does. Ive improved my game tenfold. Well when i say that im still losing and making at the same time, i know that makes no sense.