You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Re buys in free rolls do we need them?

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
I can understand why Sky Poker have added rebuys to the free rolls, to put it blunt they make a few quid out of it! I always thought that a free roll was just that the room giving you a chance to win a few shillings for free, a thank you for playing with us gesture.

Its like bingo for the first few hours with crazy calls and bad poker paying off, does this actually help novice players learn the pit falls of MTT .... can we have a good old fashioned free roll when bust your out, I know I would enjoy the poker much more if I want bing will log on that Foxy site.

Your comments please!

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re buys in free rolls do we need them?:
    I can understand why Sky Poker have added rebuys to the free rolls, to put it blunt they make a few quid out of it! I always thought that a free roll was just that the room giving you a chance to win a few shillings for free, a thank you for playing with us gesture. Its like bingo for the first few hours with crazy calls and bad poker paying off, does this actually help novice players learn the pit falls of MTT .... can we have a good old fashioned free roll when bust your out, I know I would enjoy the poker much more if I want bing will log on that Foxy site. Your comments please!
    Posted by waynecure
    yeah ,its a bit of a contradiction..
  • edited August 2010
    Its their freeroll, so their rules i suppose, no one forces the rebuy on us, i won £1 yesterday and just won £30 for 4th place today with no rebuys.
  • edited August 2010
    I agree with loonytoons, we don't have to rebuy. If i go out early i might rebuy, but if it's after  say half an hour then there's no point, because your that far behind the leader's, it's like bingo. I've cashed in a couple of these, with and without rebuying, at the end of the day if you don't rebuy then it's just like a normal freeroll for you.The best thing about these rebuys is, sky might make some money out of them, and they might not have to make so many cutback's in other area's....e.g. 3D tournament's and live tournament's.

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them?:
    I agree with loonytoons, we don't have to rebuy. If i go out early i might rebuy, but if it's after  say half an hour then there's no point, because your that far behind the leader's, it's like bingo. I've cashed in a couple of these, with and without rebuying, at the end of the day if you don't rebuy then it's just like a normal freeroll for you.The best thing about these rebuys is, sky might make some money out of them, and they might not have to make so many cutback's in other area's....e.g. 3D tournament's and live tournament's.
    Posted by chirker
    make money from freerolls.lol. how ridiculous is that! 
  • edited August 2010
     As far as I can see Sky Poker dont make any money from these as their is no rake on the re-buys and add-ons, and often dont make up the prize money. But I believe that if they make extra from re-buys and add-ons it gets added to the prize pool. I may be wrong it as been known.
     As it as already been stated you can play for free and you are not obligated to re-buy and if you make a couple of quid for having a bit of fun thats a bonus!

• edited August 2010
    I can understand why Sky Poker have added rebuys to the free rolls, to put it blunt they make a few quid out of it! I always thought that a free roll was just that the room giving you a chance to win a few shillings for free, a thank you for playing with us gesture. Its like bingo for the first few hours with crazy calls and bad poker paying off, does this actually help novice players learn the pit falls of MTT .... can we have a good old fashioned free roll when bust your out, I know I would enjoy the poker much more if I want bing will log on that Foxy site. Your comments please!
    Posted by waynecure
    Sky bingo is the FUTURE - You never played Deal or No Deal ??
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by waynecure
    Some crazy dude, kept goin all in, then re-buyin, until he finally got lucky and trebled up....
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : Some crazy dude, kept goin all in, then re-buyin, until he finally got lucky and trebled up....
    Posted by efgloser
    ur right ridiculous.surely only one re buy should be allowed.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : make money from freerolls.lol. how ridiculous is that! 
    Posted by kb245
    where do think the money from rebuys go, do you think they give it to charity, how ridiculous is that!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : where do think the money from rebuys go, do you think they give it to charity, how ridiculous is that!
    Posted by chirker
    the money from the rebuys go on the prize fund dumbo.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : the money from the rebuys go on the prize fund dumbo.
    Posted by kb245
    PMSL....I thought your post said 'a prize to find dumbo'......I did lol !!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : the money from the rebuys go on the prize fund dumbo.
    Posted by kb245
    I've played most of the freerolls, and i've not seen any of the prize funds go up, check your facts dumbo.
  • edited August 2010
    bingo not poker imo,but the corporate machine grinds on!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : I've played most of the freerolls, and i've not seen any of the prize funds go up, check your facts dumbo.
    Posted by chirker
    Before this thread gets outta hand guys.....here are the FACTS.(as I see them)

If it is say a £200 GTD freeroll.......there is £200 in the prize pool at the start of the Tournament.

If there are for example 100 rebuys @ 50p and 80 add-ons @ 50p = a total of £90
    This would mean that Sky would have to stand the 'freeroll' for a total of £110.  (200 - 90 = 110)

If there are 250 rebuys and 200 add-ons = £225
    This would mean that Sky would not 'lose' any money in running this freeroll as the prize pool has been covered.

This is my view and I do  understand I could be wrong and will accept being corrected.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : Some crazy dude, kept goin all in, then re-buyin, until he finally got lucky and trebled up....
    Posted by efgloser
    avoid the 'nutters',they'll soon go out,and theyd have boosted the prize fund,not so bad...
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : avoid the 'nutters',they'll soon go out,and theyd have boosted the prize fund,not so bad...
    Posted by philmenow
    EXACTLY!! NOTE. BOOSTED THE PRIZE FUND.DO YOU SEE CHIRKER!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : Before this thread gets outta hand guys.....here are the FACTS.(as I see them) If it is say a £200 GTD freeroll.......there is £200 in the prize pool at the start of the Tournament. If there are for example 100 rebuys @ 50p and 80 add-ons @ 50p = a total of £90 This would mean that Sky would have to stand the 'freeroll' for a total of £110.  (200 - 90 = 110) If there are 250 rebuys and 200 add-ons = £225 This would mean that Sky would not 'lose' any money in running this freeroll as the prize pool has been covered. This is my view and I do  understand I could be wrong and will accept being corrected.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    That is correct.
  • edited August 2010
    All along.....along, There were Incidents and Accidents,
    There'll be Overlays and Underlays.......
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : Before this thread gets outta hand guys.....here are the FACTS.(as I see them) If it is say a £200 GTD freeroll.......there is £200 in the prize pool at the start of the Tournament. If there are for example 100 rebuys @ 50p and 80 add-ons @ 50p = a total of £90 This would mean that Sky would have to stand the 'freeroll' for a total of £110.  (200 - 90 = 110) If there are 250 rebuys and 200 add-ons = £225 This would mean that Sky would not 'lose' any money in running this freeroll as the prize pool has been covered. This is my view and I do  understand I could be wrong and will accept being corrected.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    But who pays the finders fee for Dumbo?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : But who pays the finders fee for Dumbo?
    Posted by Machka
    Simples. Noddy or......wait for it.........

BIG EARS!!!'

I am here all week......
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : EXACTLY!! NOTE. BOOSTED THE PRIZE FUND.DO YOU SEE CHIRKER!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by kb245
    Read Tikays reply, then admit you are wrong, and stop going on!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Re buys in free rolls do we need them? : avoid the 'nutters',they'll soon go out,and theyd have boosted the prize fund,not so bad...
    Posted by philmenow
    Seems to me you need to play the nutters to get some early chips. Play on a tight table or have to steal blinds from aways, and by the time you get a table change someone's got 4 times the chips you have and you're still playing only hands you might defend an all-in with or folding.