You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DID MAN GO TO THE MOON?- OR IS IT A FLOPWIT RIP-OFF?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: DID MAN GO TO THE MOON?- OR IS IT A FLOPWIT RIP-OFF?:
    A few weeks ago I got bored, and decided to find out for sure if man went to the moon--- After looking at every photo realeased by Nasa, I'm convinced it's a flopwit rip-off--- Also the evidence from hundreds of experts is absolutely convincing--- It was staged--- The solid proof IS out there !
    Posted by oynutter
    and me..made so much sense to appear to have beaten the russians to the moon...
  • edited August 2010
    OF COURSE THEY LANDED ON THE MOON,THIS IS THE AMERICANS RIGHT? I MEAN THEY DID PROVE THAT THERE WAS WMDs IN IRAQ YEAH?
  • edited August 2010
    From this angle a woman can clearly be seen. Of course NASA removed this pic from their site....

• edited August 2010
    Another one showing some kind of a base, probably military and top secret since it's also been removed from NASA's site......

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: DID MAN GO TO THE MOON?- OR IS IT A FLOPWIT RIP-OFF? : What makes you think they really went there Loonytoons?
    Posted by oynutter
    Agreed, if you showed Neil Armstrong a digital watch when the moon landing took place, he would not have understood the technology, but remember before that, others were in space and returned to earth, which i believe is more difficult than a moon landing. The reason they don't go there anymore is that the cost outweighs the political need. If it was a set up and they were really in the sky poker studio say, how many people would have had to be involved? my guess would be loads, surely someone would have spilled the beans by now! Maybe JFK was having second thoughts and was killed by an alien disguised as lee Harvey Oswald, and he in turn was killed by Jack Ruby, a 'men in black' agent. One more point, why are all the people who say they have seen an alien odd? if an alien race came to earth to meet and gather information on us, would they really only select persons that look like one of those extras from the film 'deliverence'
  • edited August 2010
    I take it all back, i have just been sent the following photograph, and i believe that it is undeniable proof that aliens are currently on the moon.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: DID MAN GO TO THE MOON?- OR IS IT A FLOPWIT RIP-OFF? : Agreed, if you showed Neil Armstrong a digital watch when the moon landing took place, he would not have understood the technology, but remember before that, others were in space and returned to earth, which i believe is more difficult than a moon landing. The reason they don't go there anymore is that the cost outweighs the political need. If it was a set up and they were really in the sky poker studio say, how many people would have had to be involved? my guess would be loads, surely someone would have spilled the beans by now! Maybe JFK was having second thoughts and was killed by an alien disguised as lee Harvey Oswald, and he in turn was killed by Jack Ruby, a 'men in black' agent. One more point, why are all the people who say they have seen an alien odd? if an alien race came to earth to meet and gather information on us, would they really only select persons that look like one of those extras from the film 'deliverence'
    Posted by loonytoons
    not as many as were involved in 9/11...fahrenheit 9/11 tells it all.
  • edited August 2010
    Probably the biggest no-no for the moon mission, or any moon mission is the radiation encountered in the Van Allen belt. This is about the strength of an x-ray multiplied by a factor of 10.000. It was estimated that to be completely safe you would need a four foot thick lead shield surrounding the space craft.

As far as aliens visiting earth now or ever, it's very unlikely. SETI who search for radio signals from other likely star systems estimate that the likeliest systems are approx 140 light years away. That means that the simple signals being sent today will get an answer back in approx 280 years. Just imagine in the year 2150 an alien race receives the message sent in 2010 saying ''Hello'' and in 2290 we get one back saying ''Who's that''
  • edited August 2010
    Probably the biggest no-no for the moon mission, or any moon mission is the radiation encountered in the Van Allen belt. This is about the strength of an x-ray multiplied by a factor of 10.000. It was estimated that to be completely safe you would need a four foot thick lead shield surrounding the space craft. As far as aliens visiting earth now or ever, it's very unlikely. SETI who search for radio signals from other likely star systems estimate that the likeliest systems are approx 140 light years away. That means that the simple signals being sent today will get an answer back in approx 280 years. Just imagine in the year 2150 an alien race receives the message sent in 2010 saying ''Hello'' and in 2290 we get one back saying ''Who's that''
    Posted by elsadog
    Sounds like my marriage lol
  • edited August 2010
    No-one has been up as far as the van allen belt since the so-called moon landings---600 miles above the earth is as far as the space shuttles went-- and they got really scared when they could see shooting stars with thier eyes closed-- the radiation would kill in seconds--- That is why NO-ONE has been up there-- ever!
  • edited August 2010
    if there was any shred of proof that USA did not land on the moon do you honestly think that the russians wouldn't do everything in their power to discredit it completely, after all this was in the middle of the cold war.

there are numerous moon landing myth debunking sites online. i honestly dont see how anyone can argue that they didnt get there.

• edited August 2010
    Here's a good one--on apollo 11  the lunar lander was flying on auto pilot untill Armstrong had to take over to stop it landing in a crater-- This was in 1969-- when the computer on the lander had around the same computer power as a digital watch
  • edited August 2010
    OK, so there are irregularities in the pictures (supposedly) taken from the surface of the moon but to say that they could not go to the moon because of the van allen belt and the radiation is incorrect! The radiation levels they would've encountered were not seriously high. Although exposure would be higher than any recommended levels currently advised, there would be no immediate ill effects due to the relatively short time that they would take to pass through the belt!
    As for the rest, well I think they probably did go to the moon but they may have tried to enhance the trips with some "clearer pictures"......or indeed any pictures! lol
  • edited August 2010
    if there was any shred of proof that USA did not land on the moon do you honestly think that the russians wouldn't do everything in their power to discredit it completely, after all this was in the middle of the cold war. there are numerous moon landing myth debunking sites online. i honestly dont see how anyone can argue that they didnt get there.
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    but surely the U.S/English media wouldnt be allowed to tell us...