You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Freudian slips?

edited August 2010 in The Shed
hahaha.  If thats true its funny

Comments

• edited August 2010
    My friend the other day was telling me about a Freudian slip named after the great Sigmund Freud the father of modern psychoanalysts. 'What's that?'  i said. He then went on to explain to me about an event in his life where he went to the local bakery. On the counter were some delicious looking bread rolls, and the lady serving had quite a large chest. He went to ask whether the buns were soft or firm, but what he actually said was 'are your breasts soft or firm?' He then went on to explain that a Freudian slip is when you mean to say one thing, but say something completely different (usually truthful thoughts) that are locked in your sub-conscious. Well you could have knocked me down with a feather! It was one of those eureka moments, i believe it's actually happened to me. Last week i was sitting reading the newspaper at the breakfast table, my wife was sitting opposite me eating toast, and what i meant to say was 'could you pass me the butter please darling?' but what i actually said was 'i hate you, you effin bi tch.' Has anyone else had one of these Freudian slips, and did it get you into trouble?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Freudian slips?:
    hahaha.  If thats true its funny
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Men tend to find this story funny, women don't 'get it' and don't find it funny for some reason? Maybe that is something a psychoanalyst could explain?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Freudian slips?:
    My friend the other day was telling me about a Freudian slip named after the great Sigmund Freud the father of modern psychoanalysts. 'What's that?'  i said. He then went on to explain to me about an event in his life where he went to the local bakery. On the counter were some delicious looking bread rolls, and the lady serving had quite a large chest. He went to ask whether the buns were soft or firm, but what he actually said was 'are your breasts soft or firm?' He then went on to explain that a Freudian slip is when you mean to say one thing, but say something completely different (usually truthful thoughts) that are locked in your sub-conscious. Well you could have knocked me down with a feather! It was one of those eureka moments, i believe it's actually happened to me. Last week i was sitting reading the newspaper at the breakfast table, my wife was sitting opposite me eating toast, and what i meant to say was 'could you pass me the butter please darling?' but what i actually said was 'i hate you, you effin bi tch.' Has anyone else had one of these Freudian slips, and did it get you into trouble?
    Posted by loonytoons
    Too funny, I'm going to dine out on that all day!!!!

On a serious note...I think Freud would describe that as butter-issues, brought on by the feeling that your mam loved butter and toast more than she loved your weetabix and strawberry milk offering during your vulnerable and impressionable pre teen years...Dratting BUTTER FFS!!!!!!!!!!

At the very least I would recommend a bath in butter, copious amounts of shortbread & a short stint at rehab ;o)

x

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Freudian slips?:
    In Response to Re: Freudian slips? : Men tend to find this story funny, women don't 'get it' and don't find it funny for some reason? Maybe that is something a psychoanalyst could explain?
    Posted by loonytoons
    if found it funny...and can confirm i am a man