You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nottingham Hotel Deals?

edited September 2010 in The Sky Poker Tour
Hello, never been to dusk till dawn so hopefully you can give me some idea of wheres the best Hotel deals near DTD, And price range if possible ?

Also do you think i should stay in hotel Sep 10th, because i have to get train Sep morning.

:)

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Hi Gavin.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn last year (£60 a night if memory serves me right). It's about a 10 min taxi ride to the club but there were loads of Sky players staying there so you'll probably share a taxi with someone. Loads of choice really in Nottingham.

I would recommend you making a weekend of it too because if you've never been to DTD before you may well not want to leave! It really is that good.
  • edited August 2010
    In the past "Mr. SPT" has posted details of the recommended hotel where most people stay at.  Is this going to happen this time too? 

I would have thought it better to stay at a hotel where more players are staying at to make taxi rides easier for all if there are no hotels within walking distance.
  • edited August 2010
    me and mickjenn1 are staying at the park hotel £65 a nite for twin room.bargain.del
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2010
    I wasn't going to do a deal as such for Nottingham. For about £50-60 a night there are many many options within easy reach of DTD and any deal won't beat that by much

The Holiday Inn Castle Marina has already been mentioned, and I expect Sky will put its people up there

The Premier Inn attached to the Knight Pub is where I usually stay, up at DTD several times a month

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/NOTPMI/nottingham-south

It's more basic than the Holiday Inn, but cheaper, and 5 minutes in a car from the venue

Really though you are spoilt for choice, whatever your budget
  • edited August 2010
    I was thinking about the P AND J HOTEL which is just over 1 miles away at £45 a night, does anybody have any reviews on this hotel ?

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Nottingham Hotel Deals?:
    I was thinking about the P AND J HOTEL which is just over 1 miles away at £45 a night, does anybody have any reviews on this hotel ?
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    hi

i think i am going to book the p and j hotel for the spt final, iv looked at the site and the reviews and it looks ok, quite basic but cheap and near dtd.
  • edited August 2010
    Have stayed at P&J before. If you consider basic includes the toilet being at the end of the corridor along with the shower then you'll love it!
  • edited August 2010
    Have stayed at P&J before. If you consider basic includes the toilet being at the end of the corridor along with the shower then you'll love it!
    Posted by David36
    HaHa, Jobs a good en !

As long as its got somewhere to sleep, thats all im going to need.
  • edited August 2010
    Oh yes it does have beds! They're at the other end of the corridor!
  • edited August 2010
    TheSaw will be at Premier Inn Nottingham South on 10th & 11th Sept.

5 mins from DTD and with pretty good reviews on tripadvisor

£84 (£29 + £55) for 2 nights - bargain! 
  • edited August 2010
    Can sleep in the back of my car for £15, room for 1 (2 if you are cosy, 3 if you are lovers)
  • edited August 2010
    Can sleep in the back of my car for £15, room for 1 (2 if you are cosy, 3 if you are lovers)
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    Dont forget to leave the interior light on and the passenger window quarter way down.  Actually, I hear Stan Collymore is one of the celebrity guests so maybe not.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Nottingham Hotel Deals? : Dont forget to leave the interior light on and the passenger window quarter way down.  Actually, I hear Stan Collymore is one of the celebrity guests so maybe not.
    Posted by OMahonyO
    LOL !
  • edited August 2010
    No1 seems to have mentioned the Travellodge either, Thats normally a good option. A group of us stayed there last year, its either a 10-15 minute walk or a 3 minute taxi.

I have the best hotel deal, my bro is at Uni in Nottingham so can't get cheaper than that :-)
  • edited August 2010
    TheSaw will be at Premier Inn Nottingham South on 10th & 11th Sept. 5 mins from DTD and with pretty good reviews on tripadvisor £84 (£29 + £55) for 2 nights - bargain! 
    Posted by TheSaw
    hello mr saw

have you got the phone number and address for the premier inn?

many thanks
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Nottingham Hotel Deals? : hello mr saw have you got the phone number and address for the premier inn? many thanks
    Posted by volcan0
    Hi volcan0

I booked online - try this

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/NOTPMI/nottingham-south

TheSaw

PS, re my previous post, just to avoid confusion, it's 5 mins drive from DTD, NOT 5 mins walk 
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Nottingham Hotel Deals? : Hi volcan0 I booked online - try this http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/NOTPMI/nottingham-south TheSaw PS, re my previous post, just to avoid confusion, it's 5 mins drive from DTD, NOT 5 mins walk 
    Posted by TheSaw

thanks, i think i will book in here as well, never no we might bump in to each other.
  • edited August 2010
    any one used the park hotel, looks nice and the price is good at only £40 for the one night, and its just under 2 miles to DTD is any one staying there, i think i will be.
  • edited August 2010
    Iv'e not yet deciced 100% yet where im staying, will book somewhere by the end of the week i think after looking at all the options.
  • edited August 2010
    any one used the park hotel, looks nice and the price is good at only £40 for the one night, and its just under 2 miles to DTD is any one staying there, i think i will be.
    Posted by BremBoyz
    me and mickjenn are m8.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Nottingham Hotel Deals? : me and mickjenn are m8.
    Posted by DELTA

Thats good to know, i think i will book into this place then..... :)
  • edited August 2010
    I've booked in just for myself at Jurys Inn in the centre of Nottingham for 2 nights (Sat and Sun) with full breakfast for just £89.80 and i booked it via superbreak.com.
  • edited August 2010
    I am in Premier Inn if anyone wants to avoid me.
  • edited August 2010
    Me and Yorkie74 have opted for the Holiday Inn was £150 for 2 nights with brekky!

Dave
  • edited August 2010
    im going to book the ibis at £60 bang in centre of the city centre.  For slightly more the jurys inn is ideal if you are coming by train as it is directly across from the station.

• edited August 2010

so who,s booked up and where? as im not sure where to book and it would be nice to have 2 or 3  of us in the same place, i was going to book into the park hotel but im not sure now!! looked at the Hylands hotel <--- any one been there before, its out of them 2 hotels, but like i said i would like to book aplace thats got some of the poker players there.

• edited August 2010
    so who,s booked up and where? as im not sure where to book and it would be nice to have 2 or 3  of us in the same place, i was going to book into the park hotel but im not sure now!! looked at the Hylands hotel <--- any one been there before, its out of them 2 hotels, but like i said i would like to book aplace thats got some of the poker players there.
    Posted by BremBoyz
    hi brem

im prob gonna book in the premier inn, i accepted you as a friend on facebook and sent you a message. just saying are you staying sat and sun night? i live in deal if you know where that is and if the offer is still on for a lift i would much love that, of course i would contribute to petrol. and i can get the train to gravesend.

vol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Nottingham Hotel Deals? : hi brem im prob gonna book in the premier inn, i accepted you as a friend on facebook and sent you a message. just saying are you staying sat and sun night? i live in deal if you know where that is and if the offer is still on for a lift i would much love that, of course i would contribute to petrol. and i can get the train to gravesend. vol
    Posted by volcan0
    Hi mate, yea thats cool about the lift, i will be staying sat/night only mate, or the wife will think im up to no good lol think ill be in one of them hotels just unsure what one ill end up in lol
  • edited August 2010

Staying on Saturday and Sunday at the Travellodge (Nottingham Riverside) which seems to be pretty close.  Deal is about £60 for the Saturday and about £45 for Sunday for a double room.

Anybody know if you can walk directly from Travellodge to DTD or do you have to walk around the houses (sort of speak), or is so close it doesn't matter?
  • edited August 2010
    Staying on Saturday and Sunday at the Travellodge (Nottingham Riverside) which seems to be pretty close.  Deal is about £60 for the Saturday and about £45 for Sunday for a double room. Anybody know if you can walk directly from Travellodge to DTD or do you have to walk around the houses (sort of speak), or is so close it doesn't matter?
    Posted by SUPERSNEDD
    Hi Snedd

As the crow flys its about 5/10 mins stroll, but you cant go direct, you have to go round the shops and units and cross the main road at a road bridge, which is about 25/30 mins stroll.

A taxi will cost under a fiver and is a lot more comfortable. There may be other players there at Riverside so see if they want to share the taxi cost.

col