You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Played to get paid, but should i have done the river bet on turn?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £5.93
Drax1000 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.87
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

roddz Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.40
xCall  £0.04 £0.14 £1.03
JohnDoeOne Fold     
MAC2860 Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  £0.26 £0.40 £5.67
Drax1000 Fold     
roddz Fold     
xCall  £0.24 £0.64 £0.79
Flop

• A

The_Don90 Bet  £0.32 £0.96 £5.35
xCall  £0.32 £1.28 £0.47
Turn

• A

The_Don90 Check     
xCheck     
River

The_Don90 Bet  £0.47 £1.75 £4.88
xAll-in  £0.47 £2.22 £0.00
The_Don90 Show
  • K
  • A

xShow
  • K

The_Don90 Win Three Aces £2.06  £6.94
Ok this is another one of my free money threads in a case.

However the main reason im posting this hand is i check the turn, the reason for this was to trying encourage my opponent to bet the rest of his stack. It failed but i put the 47p in on the river and got paid in all.

So my question is, i make the bet on the river, but should i have done it a betting round earlier.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Hi Don,
    To Honest mate after they called the flop with complete air, you could have put it in at any point and got paid.

Maybe i should start playing these levels as there are a lot of "loose" players, and it beggars belief at some of the hands you post that they stay in the hand.

You pre-flop raise should have taken it down, if not they really should have got the message on the flop.
    Lap it up mate long may it continue for you.

col
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Played to get paid, but should i have done the river bet on turn?:
    Hi Don, To Honest mate after they called the flop with complete air, you could have put it in at any point and got paid. Maybe i should start playing these levels as there are a lot of "loose" players, and it beggars belief at some of the hands you post that they stay in the hand. You pre-flop raise should have taken it down, if not they really should have got the message on the flop. Lap it up mate long may it continue for you. col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Yea problem is the amount of time they call with air and hit their miricle cards
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Played to get paid, but should i have done the river bet on turn?:
    In Response to Re: Played to get paid, but should i have done the river bet on turn? : Yea problem is the amount of time they call with air and hit their miricle cards
    Posted by The_Don90
    thats not a problem Don its just a very minor glich, i like the way your betting big againat these players and see how they call you with garbage lol,
    i like the preflop raise Don its perfect for this level, keep betting as much as you can get away with as they just love to call
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Played to get paid, but should i have done the river bet on turn? : thats not a problem Don its just a very minor glich, i like the way your betting big againat these players and see how they call you with garbage lol, i like the preflop raise Don its perfect for this level, keep betting as much as you can get away with as they just love to call
    Posted by N1CK
    Thanks Nick.

Your article has really helped me and ive actually had the confidence to return to cash. Have had a fair few bad beats, some in area 51 and the A2 one in here but thats all part of the parcel of playing with stations. I think a month of this and i may well finally beat NL4, im getting there i think.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Played to get paid, but should i have done the river bet on turn? : Thanks Nick. Your article has really helped me and ive actually had the confidence to return to cash. Have had a fair few bad beats, some in area 51 and the A2 one in here but thats all part of the parcel of playing with stations. I think a month of this and i may well finally beat NL4, im getting there i think.
    Posted by The_Don90
    you cant win every hand Don even if you had Aces all the time your still gunna lose here and there, just stick to big hands bet big and over time you will win far more than you lose at this level
    im glad it helped you just stick with it
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Played to get paid, but should i have done the river bet on turn? : you cant win every hand Don even if you had Aces all the time your still gunna lose here and there, just stick to big hands bet big and over time you will win far more than you lose at this level im glad it helped you just stick with it
    Posted by N1CK
    My biggest problem. I want to win every hand. Having said that ive just had a small session and sitting at £8.10 (up for sitting down alot for day but lost it all on DYM's) and ive tightened up, only betting when i actually have something. All in all i think i might actually be slowly getting there. i Just now need to avod screwing it all up again.

Oh just as a quick question for a 3-4 hour session is a 55 hands per hour bad?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Played to get paid, but should i have done the river bet on turn? : My biggest problem. I want to win every hand. Having said that ive just had a small session and sitting at £8.10 (up for sitting down alot for day but lost it all on DYM's) and ive tightened up, only betting when i actually have something. All in all i think i might actually be slowly getting there. i Just now need to avod screwing it all up again. Oh just as a quick question for a 3-4 hour session is a 55 hands per hour bad?
    Posted by The_Don90
    im not sure what you are getting at?  are you playing 55 hands ph or is the table 55 hands ph?
    and also tell me why you ask this question?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Played to get paid, but should i have done the river bet on turn? : im not sure what you are getting at?  are you playing 55 hands ph or is the table 55 hands ph? and also tell me why you ask this question?
    Posted by N1CK
    I ask it because it says im playing on average 55 hand per hour. Just didnt seem right.

Oh and just for those to show these guys love to call. No complaints i know i played it strong enough, should have got away on the river
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    The_Don90 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.06
    xBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £6.21
      Your hole cards

aFold     
    The_Don90 Raise  £0.18 £0.24 £3.88
    xCall  £0.16 £0.40 £6.05
    Flop

The_Don90 Bet  £0.40 £0.80 £3.48
    xCall  £0.40 £1.20 £5.65
    Turn

The_Don90 Bet  £0.60 £1.80 £2.88
    xCall  £0.60 £2.40 £5.05
    River

The_Don90 Check     
    xBet  £0.75 £3.15 £4.30
    The_Don90 Call  £0.75 £3.90 £2.13
    xShow
    • A

The_Don90 Show

xWin Full House, 5s and 4s £3.61  £7.91
  • edited August 2010
    Don the 55 hands per hour is the amount of hands that are getting dealt at the table not what you are playing, and 55 hands at a 6 max table is about average.
  • edited August 2010
    Don the 55 hands per hour is the amount of hands that are getting dealt at the table not what you are playing, and 55 hands at a 6 max table is about average.
    Posted by TopTopGun
    ah right with you now.