You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash - Small PP

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
aSmall blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.96
xBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.46
  Your hole cards

bFold     
cCall  £0.04 £0.10 £1.96
The_Don90 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £9.23
eFold     
aCall  £0.02 £0.16 £1.94
xCheck     
Flop

• A

aCheck     
xCheck     
bCheck     
The_Don90 Bet  £0.12 £0.28 £9.11
aFold     
xCall  £0.12 £0.40 £1.34
bFold     
Turn

• K

xCheck     
The_Don90 Check     
River

• J

xBet  £0.40 £0.80 £0.94
The_Don90 Fold     
xShow
  • A

xWin  £0.37  £1.31
xReturn  £0.40 £0.03 £1.71
This is a hand im going to use as an example. Hads i hate playing in cash are 22, 33, 44 etc. So im going to ask some advice on playing them.

Is it best to limp to hit a set or raise representing a bigger hand?

P.S. The i wish the name and shame the player with the A2 but since hes a regular i hope he names himself lol . :D

Comments

• edited August 2010
    i always raise with any pocket pair in any position, if im 3 bet im either folding or 4bet bluffing small/med pairs (depending on opponent) unless we are both deep enough were i can get value playing to hit a set,

now if i was you i would play it: Raise x3 any pair fold 22-99 to a standard 3 bet, if you get to the flop and miss then no harm check folding to over cards out of position, in position you can take a stab at if you think they will fold alot,

just remember the odds on you flopping a set are 8:1 so you need more than that to make it profitable, as players stack off light at these stakes i think it would be ok to call raises with implied odds of atleast 10:1 so basically if someone raises to 20p and they have £2.00 left and you have them covered (at least the same stack size) then you can call,  20px10=£2.00 , its also good to get in a multiway pot as you could get better odds and more players that you have the chance to stack

NOTE:

The reasons i always raise pocket pairs in any position is to disguise my hand and build the pot for when i hit,
    at NL4 as not many opponents think about what your doing maybe it could be ok to just limp in early and call a standard raise to setmine, what do others think about this?
  • edited August 2010
    personally if someone has called before you i would call and only bet flop if you hit your set, if someone has raised pre it really does depend on position and implied odds, if no-one has called or raised prior would 4bet + but dont get attached unless you hit

Hope this helps

Best of luck
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Cash - Small PP:
    personally if someone has called before you i would call and only bet flop if you hit your set, if someone has raised pre it really does depend on position and implied odds, if no-one has called or raised prior would 4bet + but dont get attached unless you hit Hope this helps Best of luck
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    you made a good point about limpers in front i dont think you get many squeezes at this level so i think calling behind is good even more so if the early limpers have short stacks
  • edited August 2010
    I 3x raise with every pocket pair unless I can check on the BB.  If you raise with high pp and limp with small are you not just screaming what you have.  I know this is 4NL but there is nearly always one reg or half decent player who is on your table paying attention.

I can honestly say I have never considered the villans stack size though!!!
  • edited August 2010
    Raise if on button or if no one has limped, flat call if limpers and check in bb if limpers, blind on blind you have to raise. Nothing is black and white you may have a station that calls every raise and plays every pot so chances are he has two over cards to yours so your only 50/50 to win, in this case I would limp wanting to see a cheap flop and limit the pot unless you hit.