You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A Question for Silent bob/emily egg/dohh/and any other gamblers......

edited August 2010 in The Shed

Often in the championship or div 1 a team pulls away from the rest of the league by many points ..say newcastle,sunderland or even portsmouth a few years ago.. finishing with nearly 100 points plus. So Southampton who are alleged sure things at 5/2 for their division are scratch in the handicap league at 18/1 ew for  first 4 places, are surely almost a 9/2 shot on the handicap league for 4 places!!!!!!!! Is my £20 each way bet a forlorn hope or stupidity?Cheers Dave.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Its a bit of a strange one that Dave. I have a mate who is a betting shop manager, and he tells me that the bookies LOVE that handicap coupon. League 1 must be a 2-Horse race between the Saints and the Owls, (no disrespect to fans of other teams in that league) but there is always a team with a MASSIVE handicap start that scuppers (the win part of) that bet. The only bet I will consider in league 1 will be a leading scorer bet. Ricky Lambert will not be far away, but probably no bigger than 4/1. Billy Paynter will probably be a more attractive price, but League 1 outright looks like a tough call. Your £20 ew on the Handicap definitely sounds like a much better bet than having the straight £40 on The Saints at 12/5. Check your PM`s Dave.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: A Question for Silent bob/emily egg/dohh/and any other gamblers......:
    Its a bit of a strange one that Dave. I have a mate who is a betting shop manager, and he tells me that the bookies LOVE that handicap coupon. League 1 must be a 2-Horse race between the Saints and the Owls, (no disrespect to fans of other teams in that league) but there is always a team with a MASSIVE handicap start that scuppers (the win part of) that bet. The only bet I will consider in league 1 will be a leading scorer bet. Ricky Lambert will not be far away, but probably no bigger than 4/1. Billy Paynter will probably be a more attractive price, but League 1 outright looks like a tough call. Your £20 ew on the Handicap definitely sounds like a much better bet than having the straight £40 on The Saints at 12/5. Check your PM`s Dave.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Paynter is a Championship player now mate, signed a 3-year deal with Leeds.
  • edited August 2010
    eek never knew that.