You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Easy fold?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
First level of the £2.20 deepie.

Other than when I've been in the blinds I've pretty much much not played any hands so far when this one cropped up.

Is this an insta snap fold or would anyone call here?

The reason I just flatted the 4 bet pre was because I was so deep that if an ace appeared on the flop then I've got a chance to get away fairly cheap with a big enough stack behind to press on. I wasn't overly convinced that he had a queen in his hand although if he put me on a big pair then maybe he thought I wouldn't be able to lay it down? It situations like this that I could really do with a time bank.

So, what would everyone else do here?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  10.00 10.00 5180.00
 Big blind  20.00 30.00 4497.50
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Fold     
Raise  100.00 130.00 4595.00
 Fold     
silentbob Raise  260.00 390.00 4680.00
 Fold     
 Fold     
Raise  320.00 710.00 4275.00
silentbob Call  160.00 870.00 4520.00
Flop

• Q
  • Q

All-in  4275.00 5145.00 0.00
silentbob ???    

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Im getting out of there bob. Looks like AA maybe AQ.
  • edited August 2010
    I'm folding there.Only beating a bluff. Q3 has you beat(unlikely to have that hand I know).
    I'd be looking to get it all in pre with KK.
  • edited August 2010
    Firstly your 3-bet is too small, needs to be 300+. When he decides to raise your 3-bet by another 60 I'd be confused but then promptly make a man-sized raise of somewhere around 1000 as the guy clearly has summit and snap call the all-in. Also about getting away cheap, surely you want as much money in the middle preflop as is phyiscally possible with the second best hand?

On the flop I find it very hard to beleive someone would shove with the Q and even with aces so It could be like AK. I would probably fold incase it's sum crazy double-bluff but it shudn't get to that stage anyway.
  • edited August 2010
    Do you really want to get it all in pre when you're nearly 250 blinds deep? Sure, later on when the blinds are bigger I'm getting it all in pre but why would you want to flip this early in a tournament when there's plenty of play left?

The other thing is (which I forgot to mention in my OP) is that I've no notes on this player & don't recognise the name so I've no reads on him at all. 
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Easy fold?:
    Do you really want to get it all in pre when you're nearly 250 blinds deep? Sure, later on when the blinds are bigger I'm getting it all in pre but why would you want to flip this early in a tournament when there's plenty of play left? The other thing is (which I forgot to mention in my OP) is that I've no notes on this player & don't recognise the name so I've no reads on him at all. 
    Posted by silentbob
    Your only 250 bb's deep for 12 minutes. Also a flip means pair against overcards which this won't be. Finally when he reraises to 320, that pretty much tells me all I need to know about him, not that his awful but his bet-sizing is not great so most likely isn't a fantastic player.

P.s. You have Kings !
  • edited August 2010
    Well i can see what you mean about you are so deep and why risk your tourny life so early on.BUT the fact remains you are holding the 2nd nut pre-flop hand AND it is only a £2.20 deepy SO once he has re-raised me i am gettin all of it in pre-flop.As i say this IS based on the fact it is not an expensive buy in level.Then again knowing me i probably do it at any level,but as i say thats me.dav
  • edited August 2010
    but why would you want to flip 
    Posted by silentbob
    Never a flip here.Any pocket pair your 80/20 except AA and you'll win 1 in 5. Ax you've got drawing to 3 cards.Any other  hand you've got crushed.So unless they luckbox you(especially with off suit cards) you're a massive favourite. I'm always happy to get it all in preflop with KK.Times you're up against AA are outweighed by the times you're miles ahead.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Easy fold? : Your only 250 bb's deep for 12 minutes. Also a flip means pair against overcards which this won't be. Finally when he reraises to 320, that pretty much tells me all I need to know about him, not that his awful but his bet-sizing is not great so most likely isn't a fantastic player. P.s. You have Kings !
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    This sounds correct to me 100% agree!
  • edited August 2010
    get as much in pre-flop as possible - if he has AA nh move on
  • edited August 2010
    get as much in pre-flop as possible - if he has AA nh move on
    Posted by Eagle26
    This +  insta fold with it being a deepie would wait for a better opportunity, i put opponent on AQ personally

if they have bluffed just wp to them
  • edited August 2010
    Cool, point taken about getting it all in pre although I must admit being this early on It's not in my nature to do that particularly this deep. 

As it was I reluctantly folded figuring that more often than not I'm not that good. I figured he's either got AA or AQ although the AI still made little sense to me even with those holdings.

As a side question, is it generally the norm to try & get it all in pre with hands like KK/AA when this deep then?
  • edited August 2010
    I don't fold. 
  • edited August 2010
    I don't fold. 
    Posted by beaneh
    tell us somethine we dont know pls
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Easy fold? : tell us somethine we dont know pls
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

I win ldo
  • edited August 2010
    looks like a bluff 2 me,probly got pp but not AA or QQ..
  • edited August 2010
    Lol i'm fist pump calling here.

if i lose big deal.

EZ call.