You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Chatbox Abuse

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Hey

Here at Sky, we do not like abuse at the tables, as suggested, please contact Customer Care to report this matter, the naming of players is not allowed on the forum.

Thanks for your understanding

Sky Mod

Dear 'Community'

The purpose of this discussion is to see what the general opinion is on some of the site's members.

I have noticed a recent decline in the standard of manners and 'etiquette' during MT Tournaments to the extent where there appears to be an awful lot of abuse in the chat boxes.  This started simply as nasty comments after a beat but seems to have declined into some horrible behaviour, bordering on the bullying of some players.

I have witnessed players 'ganging-up' on other players, criticising both their play and the integrity of the site.  A lot of players fire abuse when they are not even sat on the table, but merely 'spectating' tables.

I have also experienced this, to the point that one player told me he was going to 'hunt me down and murder my mother' for outdrawing him.

Is anyone else experiencing this?  And does anyone have any suggestions as to what we do about it??

Natalie

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Wow Natalie that is WAY OTT. You really need to be reporting that kind of stuff. We all like a bit of banter and bingo/fishy/donk comments, but there is no place for that level of aggro.
  • edited August 2010
    Hi Natalie,

The best way to handle this is note the player or players name and a hand id from the chat box and either email customer services or go into "live chat" to report it.

Machka

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Chatbox Abuse:
    Wow Natalie that is WAY OTT. You really need to be reporting that kind of stuff. We all like a bit of banter and bingo/fishy/donk comments, but there is no place for that level of aggro.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Yeah, I am keeping a note of the players who are like this, but it has only just started to get this bad.  I have only noticed it the last 6 weeks or so getting progressively worse.
  • edited August 2010
    have you been playing in the freerolls??

id say there will be more people playing those who dont respect other players.

like others have said if someone gets real abusive contact customer care and let them sort it out........
  • edited August 2010
    Hi natalie it really is a shame youve seen this and been on the recieving end of it.Quiet simply not acceptable,and although it IS against FORUM RULES to do what i am going to suggest POST their name on the forum.Cos i am frankly FED UP of this abuse happening,dav
  • edited August 2010
    I've noticed this in the freeroll that's on now, someone went out and gave the usual abuse and claimed sky is fixed.
  • edited August 2010
    Sky has always had good chat and i too have noticed a decline in the general tone of the banter.Although it is nowhere near as bad as some sites.Some newer players do not seem to understand that any 2 cards can win even 7 2 off against pocket Aces.
  • edited August 2010
    I created a thread a few weeks ago saying that i felt that this was on the increase and not in freerolls.
  • edited August 2010
    You really don't have to listen to this nonsense. You don't have to look at the chat box or even see what other people are saying. however, if you like to chat there is no reason why you should be subjected to such abuse.

Ignore it or report it are these your only options? Personally, I only chat to people I know, however if I see someone bulleying someone else at my table I chat with the person that is being bullied and just say lol to the other persons comments.

This sort of behavior should not be tollerated, however this is easier said than done, because it effects your game on the night and reporting it will only resolve it at a later date.

My Suggestion: Find an alliance with other players on the table, chat to others, you will find plenty of support against your cyper bullie, and this usually takes them over the edge and before you know it they are gone from your table and the tourny.

Customer services are here to help, however, this is only effective once you have reported it. (Not On The Night)

On the night, if you feel you are being bullied talk to other players instead, they will also realise what is happening and support you in most cases and Mr. Cyber Bullie will not be so blatent with his comments.

I am personnaly not effected by cyber bullie comments and can give as good as I get, but only in a very nice way of course, which is really effective. (LOL, TY, YW, GL, PPfft, UL, and  - soz If I realised u had nothing I wouldn't of callled) seem to work fine for me Lol.

Any way - Next time you are being cyber bullied talk to Me or the other players on your table. IT WORKS.

Don't Let Cyber Bullies effect your game or your enjoyment. TALK to FRANK or Pokertrev Lol.

• edited August 2010
    is your mother ok?
  • edited August 2010
    is your mother ok?
    Posted by Mr_Miyagi
    Pfffft

Do you even own a latex suit and handcuffs? or do you hire it at the weekend? (Lol. Pfft. YW, TFFT)

I Love you Miyagiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Chatbox Abuse : Pfffft Do you even own a latex suit and handcuffs? or do you hire it at the weekend? (Lol. Pfft. YW, TFFT) I Love you Miyagiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
    Posted by POKERTREV
    would you like to come round and abuse my chatbox?
  • edited August 2010
    got 2 admit i`v been lucky and not been verbally abused ( the cards i`m gettin differant matter ) but if someone did i`d ignore 2 start, if the same player was to carry on goin then i`d call c/care, it would take a lot for me to report them, but as someone else said, would they do to your face! no, thats why they hid behind computer
  • edited August 2010
     I find letting bullies know they are not affecting you is the best way to go. Know matter what they say I genrally send them a :) or a TY and if they continue I tell them I love them too! If I witness someone else being picked on I try to atract the attention to me by telling the bully to play nice!
     Most of these players think they are better players than they are. But the other week one of the better players on the site told me I didnt know what I was doing and I was a Donkey and going out soon. Again I said Ty and made a couple of plays that I knew would get under their skin!
     In short I try to use their unstable attitudes against them! I must admit I have never had anyone say they were coming to look for me but if I do I will tell them I will put the kettle on.
  • edited August 2010
    hi natalie,

if you feel it is abuse report it... every time too.  i think that it is important that we all report abuse.  this way the culture on skypoker will not transform into an unhealthy one shaped by the very few.  reporting it will start a sequence requiring them to learn to modify their behaviour.  they will learn or ultimately they won't be around.

regards
    rob
  • edited August 2010
    Hey all

As stated above, it is really important that abuse is reported to Customer Care so they can take the correct action.

many thanks

Sky Mod
  • edited August 2010
    I just ignore, or as trevor says ty, ul , sorry about that and if they carry on would try to use against them as more then likely they on tilt. although all above is correct and report it you could always turn chat off if it does affect you too much

Hope it doesn't keep happenning, if you were on my table i'd stick up for you dont you worry :o)

GL
  • edited August 2010

What they all said.

Only us, the players, can help stop this sort of thing. If you find it offensive (& why would you not?), report it to Customer Care EVERY TIME.

And if it is any consolation, please remember that chat box abuse only ever comes from two sources.

1) Those who lost a hand of poker. And if losing a hand of poker upsets them that much, we can surmise that.....

2) They are "not terribly bright". Like, not at all bright.
  • edited August 2010
    I have lost track of how many times I have posted this on this Forum,  but here we go again........

"Any Player can Call, Fold or Raise with any two cards from any position....  and he doesn't have to justify his play to anyone"

If you can't accept this simple fact about the game of Poker and you have to resort to verbal abuse when someone makes a play you don't like.....  then it's time to take up tiddley winks 

• edited August 2010
    Hey all As stated above, it is really important that abuse is reported to Customer Care so they can take the correct action. many thanks Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_mod1

i see you have removed my interesting chat box post from last night.

i can see why due to the nature of what that guy was saying to me!!!

if you could pass it on the the relevent department i would appriciate it.
  • edited August 2010
    I have lost track of how many times I have posted this on this Forum,  but here we go again........ "Any Player can Call, Fold or Raise with any two cards from any position....  and he doesn't have to justify his play to anyone" If you can't accept this simple fact about the game of Poker and you have to resort to verbal abuse when someone makes a play you don't like.....  then it's time to take up tiddley winks 
    Posted by JockBMW
    Nice one Jock :)
  • edited August 2010
    similar to jockBMW i too have previously posted this in response to chatbox abuse

"... a player's propensity to be abusive is inversely proportionate to their skill and of a magnitude that is consistent with their lack of understanding of probability"

if that fails, seeing more abuse.. i just riffle their chips

• edited August 2010
    similar to jockBMW i too have previously posted this in response to chatbox abuse ".. . a player's propensity to be abusive is inversely proportionate to their skill and of a magnitude that is consistent with their lack of understanding of probability" if that fails, seeing more abuse.. i just riffle their chips
    Posted by aussie09

Nice one.  It took me three hours, rifling through the dictionary, to find out what all the words meant, but well worth the effort.

;o)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Chatbox Abuse : i see you have removed my interesting chat box post from last night. i can see why due to the nature of what that guy was saying to me!!! if you could pass it on the the relevent department i would appriciate it.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    Hi

Yes, unfortunately, I had to delete it, and it has already been passed on, please, next time contact Customer Care instead of posting on here.

Many thanks for your understanding

Sky Mod
  • edited August 2010
    Last night during the 8pm BH is the most chatbox abuse I have ever seen all because of "interesting" plays, the standard last night tilted me for life!! Instead of using the chatbox at my table I decided to open another table up and abuse our dear old grandad tikay, how soothing it is at times just to abuse him about non poker related issues such as mallards :)

• edited August 2010
    Last night during the 8pm BH is the most chatbox abuse I have ever seen all because of "interesting" plays, the standard last night tilted me for life!! Instead of using the chatbox at my table I decided to open another table up and abuse our dear old grandad tikay, how soothing it is at times just to abuse him about non poker related issues such as mallards :)
    Posted by dylan12

Or trains..........

Or Cement.........

Or glass fractures......

Where to stop  sigh 

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Chatbox Abuse:
    Hey Here at Sky, we do not like abuse at the tables, as suggested, please contact Customer Care to report this matter, the naming of players is not allowed on the forum. Thanks for your understanding Sky Mod Dear 'Community' The purpose of this discussion is to see what the general opinion is on some of the site's members. I have noticed a recent decline in the standard of manners and 'etiquette' during MT Tournaments to the extent where there appears to be an awful lot of abuse in the chat boxes.  This started simply as nasty comments after a beat but seems to have declined into some horrible behaviour, bordering on the bullying of some players. I have witnessed players 'ganging-up' on other players, criticising both their play and the integrity of the site.  A lot of players fire abuse when they are not even sat on the table, but merely 'spectating' tables. I have also experienced this, to the point that one player told me he was going to 'hunt me down and murder my mother' for outdrawing him. Is anyone else experiencing this?  And does anyone have any suggestions as to what we do about it?? Natalie
    Posted by Bromley023

hi natalie
    i was at the table the other night that probably made you write
    this post and you're right the guy was an idiot.
    he also claimed to be a semi-pro,which made me laugh.
    he wasn't even playing,just railing and critisized everybody's
    play.
    just report him and he will be gone.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Chatbox Abuse : Hi Yes, unfortunately, I had to delete it, and it has already been passed on, please, next time contact Customer Care instead of posting on here. Many thanks for your understanding Sky Mod
    Posted by Sky_mod1

ok thanks and sorry for posting it here!!!

i did stack the guy though which made me feel a bit better :)
  • edited August 2010
    As said take notes , After all it is ment to be fun ,
    Just send back big XXX (kisses) or a TY
    Rise above there level pal.

• edited August 2010
    Whenever some one makes an abusive comment about my play I have a stock answer I use

"Thank you very much for your constructive comments.  Despite your chip stack and your stats I am sure you must be an excellent player... and a very generous one as well, giving how freely you give out advice.

Fortunately I am fabulously wealthy and I play these sort of games with the pocket change I find behind the seat of my Ferrari"

Before he can reply make the following comment

"This guy is an absolute fish I'lll have to watch out for him and then I can make some real money........  opps sorry that was supposed to go in your notes "

They love it