You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you do?

edited August 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy

This is from the very first hand of the mickjenn deepstack, in which i dont like getting too involved too early.

Now this hand has been bugging me altho the other player told me he had quads, ill never know.

Any tips on how you would of played if different would be appreciated, and was it the right thing to do?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Ozzie08 Small blind   10.00 10.00 4990.00
MRDICKIE Big blind   20.00 30.00 4980.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

Dazler Call   20.00 50.00 4980.00
daznsam Call   20.00 70.00 4980.00
Norbit Raise   100.00 170.00 4900.00
DTWBANDIT Fold        
bai28 Fold        
Rattious Fold        
_DAC_ Fold        
Ozzie08 Fold        
MRDICKIE Fold        
Dazler Call   80.00 250.00 4900.00
daznsam Call   80.00 330.00 4900.00
Flop

• A
  • A

Dazler Check        
daznsam Check        
Norbit Check        
Turn

• A

Dazler Check        
daznsam Check        
Norbit Bet   140.00 470.00 4760.00
Dazler Fold        
daznsam Raise   280.00 750.00 4620.00
Norbit Call   140.00 890.00 4620.00
River

daznsam All-in   4620.00 5510.00 0.00
Norbit Fold        
daznsam Muck        
daznsam Win   5510.00   5510.00
Thanks for ya time Norbit.

Comments

• edited August 2009
    fold like u - betting 4,620 into 890 suggest Ace to me with him hoping you 10 or JJ QQ KK :) - to early to risk ur torny life if u call and win does it make it that more likely your going to win the thing? a little but not that much..

good fold in my opinion

i'd then post it in here and look for re-assurance lol

gl norbit
  • edited August 2009

RIGHT FOLD... AS ANNIE SAID ABOVE.. EARLY STAGES PLENTY OF TORUNEY PLAY TO GO...

• edited August 2009
    You need to bet the flop there - if you get too much action back you can fold, I'd probably put the guy on the 10 but it is also possible the guy had QQ or JJ and puts you on the 10.

As for the all in, its a difficult decision, later on with bigger blinds its an auto call, early on I think you must fold what is probably the best hand.

Did you tell him you folded KK before he said he had quads? If yes then I'd be more inclined to think the guy was lying about his hand.
  • edited August 2009
    Lol Im always looking for re-assurance annie! ty for your post n cheers jimbo.

On to Ncolley, See i didnt think i would bet the flop, not much out there if you havent got an ace, i was thinking my hand was good here, maybe me just thinking i can make a bit more chips if i trap but i think your right i should of bet find out were i was etc.

I know you play deepies aswel so you'd know it would be silly to risk all your stake on the first hand when it was a possibility that he had the ace, always another hand eh?

I said ' ahh kk' as i folded, and he replied with 'no way!' and said he had the ace making it look like a bluff on river, but i guess i'll never know.

Thanks for the tips all :)
  • edited August 2009

Hi
    I only have one question, to NCOLLEY, if it is a fold in the early stages why than is it an insta call later, surely, if you think your behind in the earlier stages the you would still be behind later.
    What i would say about the hand, is, if your raise was bigger, ie 200, then any call at that stage defines, not only your hand but your opponents hand range(unless you have notes on players). That way you could have lost even less.
    Just a thought guys.
    col

• edited August 2009
    Because of the very very very slim possibility that our opponent has the case ace.
    Suddenly you see your opponent ship his 4.6k chips into a 1k pot on a board like that, what you gonna be thinking? First off your thinking its either a bluff, or a bet designed to look like a bluff...
    We don't pay entry to a deepstack tournament to go out in the first hand in my opinion.

Later on with less BB left in your stack, you have to call (your only losing to 1 card after all) and if they have the ace thats our bad luck.

We all play differently and its easy to say things with time to review it.