You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did i play this well?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
UP4ITRUTWO Small blind  400.00 400.00 16144.50
xx
 Big blind  800.00 1200.00 1442.50

Big blind  800.00 1200.00 1442.50
  Your hole cards

flushinglu Fold     
sainthelen Fold     
boomboom28 Fold     
iBLUFF Raise  1600.00 2800.00 44700.00
UP4ITRUTWO Fold     
xx Call  800.00 3600.00 642.50
Flop

• Q
  • Q

xxCheck     
iBLUFF Bet  800.00 4400.00 43900.00
xx All-in  642.50 5042.50 0.00
iBLUFF Unmatched bet  157.50 4885.00 44057.50
xx Show
  • K

iBLUFF Show

Turn

River

iBLUFF Win Two Pairs, Queens and 8s 4885.00  48942.50
the reason i ask this is because i did abit of abuse by this player in the chat, so my question is did i play this well p.s i was tryin to steal the blinds pre

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I think I'd just fold pre because the BB cant fold because he already has around 30% of his stack in there.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Did i play this well?:
    I think I'd just fold pre because the BB cant fold because he already has around 30% of his stack in there.
    Posted by Cowgomoo
    thanks fo ur comment moo tbh i made a big mistake as i didnt see his stack size
  • edited August 2010
    I think putting the BB all in would be the best option pre flop. Although they may have a large proportion of their stack in 9,8 is going to play well vs a large proportion of hands. You have plenty of chips with 50+ BBs so even if you do loose it is not going to have any impact on your stack.
  • edited August 2010
    I think putting the BB all in would be the best option pre flop. Although they may have a large proportion of their stack in 9,8 is going to play well vs a large proportion of hands. You have plenty of chips with 50+ BBs so even if you do loose it is not going to have any impact on your stack.
    Posted by wason06
    thanks for the comment as i said to moo i made a mstake by not seeing his stack size because if i did my raise pre would of put him all in as i no upforit folded alot of decent hand to me before this hand.
  • edited August 2010

What puzzles me most about this is not the OP play but the play of the opponent. Doesnt make any sense to me to flat call and with his stack K9 surley good enough to get it in pre with

• edited August 2010
    I think your play was faultless.  Given the relative stack sizes, I wouldn't pass 9,8 off from the button.

The only dubious play was by xx, leaving less than a small blind behind pre-flop.  (Was he going to pass on an A-high flop??  Crazy.)

I guess his abuse was just an expression of tilt - better in his mind than throwing his machine through the window.  (If he really believes that any dominating hand pre-flop is entitled to prevail, I hope I'm at his table soon!)
  • edited August 2010
    I think your play was faultless.  Given the relative stack sizes, I wouldn't pass 9,8 off from the button. The only dubious play was by xx, leaving less than a small blind behind pre-flop.  (Was he going to pass on an A-high flop??  Crazy.) I guess his abuse was just an expression of tilt - better in his mind than throwing his machine through the window.  (If he really believes that any dominating hand pre-flop is entitled to prevail, I hope I'm at his table soon!)
    Posted by metaraptor
    thanks meta
  • edited August 2010
    I'd personally fold or shove pre, due to opponents stack size never folding any spot here so either get them in as not much or fold as rubbish hand. What abuse did you get here? whoever it was had no right really as they so low chipstack any play is feasible here and its the rest of the chips which have cost em the tourney not your play
  • edited August 2010
    I'd personally fold or shove pre, due to opponents stack size never folding any spot here so either get them in as not much or fold as rubbish hand. What abuse did you get here? whoever it was had no right really as they so low chipstack any play is feasible here and its the rest of the chips which have cost em the tourney not your play
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    i dont no if i can swere in the forum but he was calling me a k n o b and more
  • edited August 2010
    Nah you cant unless you alter it, well he is the doorknob lol
  • edited August 2010
    Nah you cant unless you alter it, well he is the doorknob lol
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    lol