You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dream river card OOP or is it?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
aSmall blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.67
bBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.84
  Your hole cards

cFold     
The_Don90 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £4.01
xCall  £0.20 £0.46 £3.54
aFold     
bFold     
Flop

The_Don90 Check     
xCheck     
Turn

The_Don90 Check     
xCheck     
River

Ok so here i get it checked to the river, the flop is a slight nightmare, turn offers hope and the river is potentially the dream card, but also the one that could cost me everything.

Opinions please.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    I assume you got it in and lost?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Dream river card OOP or is it?:
    I assume you got it in and lost?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    No i bet pot and opponent folded. I just thought this is a spot that would be interesting for the guys on the clinc to look at.
  • edited August 2010
    Check/Call for me.  The Oppo was shown no interest since the preflop play so I want to pick up all bluffs/value bets with the A flush.  I did consider the check/shove but with two straight-flush cards against you and the chance of a super slowplayed better house I'm leaning towards the check/call.
  • edited August 2010
    Check/Call for me.  The Oppo was shown no interest since the preflop play so I want to pick up all bluffs/value bets with the A flush.  I did consider the check/shove but with two straight-flush cards against you and the chance of a super slowplayed better house I'm leaning towards the check/call.
    Posted by TommyD
    Exactly my thoughts here if they shoved dont think could get away either although 2 str8 flushes out they have shown no strength up to here so unlikelyand could easily get attached to nut flush at this level so check, hope he bluffs and insta call however much or re-raise all in
  • edited August 2010
    well you know what happened to me yesterday when i riverd a set which gave a possible flush so be carefull!!

also that board is alot more dangerous than mine with 4 clubs on board and possible full house.

• edited August 2010
    why would you check/call. if villain remotely was interested in bluffing to win this pot he would have done it by now.

it looks alot like he has a very marginal hand 9x,8x, small pair and just wants to get to showdown. so hes going to c back so often you miss out on so much value by not betting the river. i prob bet 3/4 pot. its pretty dirty if he raises us but id prob call
  • edited August 2010
    why would you check/call. if villain remotely was interested in bluffing to win this pot he would have done it by now. it looks alot like he has a very marginal hand 9x,8x, small pair and just wants to get to showdown. so hes going to c back so often you miss out on so much value by not betting the river. i prob bet 3/4 pot. its pretty dirty if he raises us but id prob call
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

agree, at the micro levels I would bet and call reasonable raise

• edited August 2010
    I bet and get it in and expect him to have donked with a jack.
  • edited August 2010
    Thanks guys,

To be honest i had absolutley no idea about where i was in this hand. Im miles ahead of alot of re-raising range, but im miles behind re-raising range too. As i said i bet the pot and the the guy folded so he had nothing, but i thought this type of situation was on that i could post up and get some sort of debate going.

I didnt like the situation much being out of position to the guy made it even worse and i thought maybe the pot was too much afterwards, but i was just so panicy and you only get a few seconds thinking time.