You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rude players

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
I was playing a £10 DYM the other day when I noticed that three of the players all came from the same town.

At first i was a little suspicious but there didn't seem to be any collusion going on so I tried to engage them in a little conversation...  Nothing, not a word, not a hello, nothing.  All three of them multi-tabling....  I don't think so.  

Anyway I kept an eye out  I have since found 5 other players all from the same town and not one of them will give you as much as the time of day.  I think it's fair to say that the people from this town must be the rudest people in Britain.

I just wondered if  anyone else had noticed these rude people.  

I'm not sure exactly where the town is.  I was going to look for it on Google Maps, but then thought, no I don't want to know where this dreadful place is.

Anyway if you see any players on your table from "Chatoff" don't expect much in the way of conversation from them.

I think it must be somewhere near Chatam

Comments

• edited August 2010

LOL......nice one. I do know as a matter of fact that it is very near the village of 'miniveiw'

:)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Rude players:
    LOL......nice one. I do know as a matter of fact that it is very near the village of 'miniveiw' :)
    Posted by MAXALLY

Ah I know where you are now....... I once drove through it on my way to "Value Town "
  • edited August 2010
    "Chatoff" is a sleepy village near Portsmouth and is an overspill from the mouth of the estuary. Originally there was a larger village called "ahoy" and in the days of old when the ships used to sail up the mouth of the estuary the villagers used to keep an eye out for ships delivering supplies.

When the villagers saw the ships coming up the mouth of the estuary, they used to shout "Ship Ahoy" which is where the original name of the town "Ahoy! came from, however, due to the fast expansion of industry and industrial goods coming in on ships through the Ports
    mouth Docks, there were too many settlers moving to the vilage of "Ahoy". So much so that they started building houses a little further away from the mouth of the estuary, but they soon realised that the new settlers were to far from the mouth of the estuary and no matter how loud they shouted "Ship Ahoy" it couldn't be heard from the docks, so they decided to give a new name to this new village and hence it became "Chatoff" simply because thier cry's of "ship ahoy" couldn't be heard.

Now - Does anyone know where "Chatban" is? 
  • edited August 2010
     Im not sure were Chatban is but I do know it is the home of the famous Naughty Step!
  • edited August 2010
    "Chatoff" is a sleepy village near Ports mouth and is an overspill from the mouth of the estuary. Originally there was a larger village called "ahoy" and in the days of old when the ships used to sail up the mouth of the estuary the villagers used to keep an eye out for ships delivering supplies. When the villagers saw the ships coming up the mouth of the estuary, they used to shout "Ship Ahoy" which is where the original name of the town "Ahoy! came from, however, due to the fast expansion of industry and industrial goods coming in on ships through the Ports mouth Docks, there were too many settlers moving to the vilage of "Ahoy". So much so that they started building houses a little further away from the mouth of the estuary, but they soon realised that the new settlers were to far from the mouth of the estuary and no matter how loud they shouted "Ship Ahoy" it couldn't be heard from the docks, so they decided to give a new name to this new village and hence it became "Chatoff" simply because thier cry's of "ship ahoy" couldn't be heard. Now - Does anyone know where "Chatban" is? 
    Posted by POKERTREV

Sorry can't help you Trev, never been there..... come close to it once or twice, but that's another story ;o)

• edited August 2010
    The worst players to have at your table are without a doubt those from 'Sitting Out' which is near Sittingbourne I think. They don't speak ....... they don't even play.
  • edited August 2010
    The worst players to have at your table are without a doubt those from 'Sitting Out' which is near Sittingbourne I think. They don't speak ....... thay don't even play.
    Posted by elsadog
    Thats correct elsa "Sitting Out" is near Sittingbourne and anyone who was not born in Sittingbourne was born out of Sittingbourne so the town was named "Sitting Out"   
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Rude players : Thats correct elsa "Sitting Out" is near Sittingbourne and anyone who was not born in Sittingbourne was born out of Sittingbourne so the town was named "Sitting Out"   
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Can I just clarify that sittingborn has absolutley no coneection to myself
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Rude players : Can I just clarify that sittingborn has absolutley no coneection to myself
    Posted by bornablade
    Lol Bladey
  • edited August 2010
    Now - Does anyone know where "Chatban" is? 
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Isn't that the place mickjenn1 is from?
  • edited August 2010
    what about them idiots from Coventry?