You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Shallow stacked with draw, fast paced heads up v passive opponent.

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic

The guy has donk min bet, min continuation bet, and min bet when ive checked to him out of position.

More often than not, he has called my raise, and very rarely 3 bet.

The above is only over 1 game - ten minutes, so not concrete.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind  25.00 25.00 885.00
slim84 Big blind  50.00 75.00 1040.00
  Your hole cards

DOHHHHHHH Raise  100.00 175.00 785.00
slim84 Call  75.00 250.00 965.00
Flop

• K

slim84 Bet  50.00 300.00 915.00
DOHHHHHHH Raise  225.00 525.00 560.00
slim84 Call  175.00 700.00 740.00
Turn

slim84 Bet  50.00 750.00 690.00
Would you be just shoving here, or calling?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Flat call for me because there are so many potential pit falls. I'd actually be delighted to see the river so cheaply.
  • edited August 2010

A call leaves me with 500 (10xbb and a 3-1 chip disadvantage)

I flat the turn, and face a 50 bet on the river - knowing I have no fold equity if he has any pair.....

Does this make my flop raise dubious? - I shud be waiting to hit then take these guys to value town right?
  • edited August 2010
    I think I shove and get called by Tx and brick the river.
  • edited August 2010
    what makes you think you have fe on the turn but not the river
  • edited August 2010
    Flat the turn and hope you hit.  I fully believe the straight or flush would be good and I give up on the river if I miss (although folding to the 50 bet would make me bang my head just a little).  FWIW I jam that flop against this oppo on your read thus far.
  • edited August 2010
    shove flop

lol not copying i didnt see tommy's post as playing sit n go so only 1 response when i went to reply
  • edited August 2010

Ive raised pre flop, Ive re raised the flop, by shoving turn, my hand is consistant.

Y wud I slow down the turn with a big hand, when theres so many draws?

Shoving the turn gives 2 ways to win the hand - and makes my hand look stronger than it wud shoving the river when it comes a blank
  • edited August 2010

"More often than not, he has called my raise, and very rarely 3 bet."

he is bad and doesnt care what you are repping he is playing the two cards infront of him.

"shoving the turn gives me two ways to win"

what if one of these ways works  under 5% of the time? and the other is about 25% of the time
  • edited August 2010
    learn the basics if you wanna be a nl Hu SNG  Balla
  • edited August 2010
    I've got to echo LOL_Raise there.  I think you are over estimating your opponents skill level.  He will call on the turn the vast majority of times IMO.  As played I'd like to see if I can make my hand but if not I've got enough chips to essentially shove monkey my way back into the game
  • edited August 2010

This is all relatively new to me, and Im trying to suss it out as I go along.

Totally different to 6 max obv.

Im finding im up early doors, first few levels, but im tentative when we get to the 15xbb stage, maybe I need to widen my calling and 3-bet shove range.

I lost 8 in a row earlier (alot were sick) - but had 2-1 chip lead in many of them......

Im sure theres a way to beat these games.

13-8 to baddies atm - including losing 8 in a row. sick lol

RE. The above hand, my hands are tied then? - any advice generally facing passive oppos HU with shallow stacks and a fast clock?
  • edited August 2010
    including losing 8 in a row

-------

like i said, 50-100 buyins /> 20 buyins

;-)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Shallow stacked with draw, fast paced heads up v passive opponent.:
    This is all relatively new to me, and Im trying to suss it out as I go along. Totally different to 6 max obv. Im finding im up early doors, first few levels, but im tentative when we get to the 15xbb stage, maybe I need to widen my calling and 3-bet shove range. I lost 8 in a row earlier (alot were sick) - but had 2-1 chip lead in many of them...... Im sure theres a way to beat these games. 13-8 to baddies atm - including losing 8 in a row. sick lol RE. The above hand, my hands are tied then? - any advice generally facing passive oppos HU with shallow stacks and a fast clock?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

HU sngs are not 'hu poker' in it's proper form.

HU sngs are horrible because how to play them after about level 4 on a mainstream site is just shove or fold and there are tables for that. 

Just play your opponent but play aggro i'm pretty sure that the structure isn't great?