You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Under-repped hand facing huge overbet

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
Urgh.

One of those times where 15 seconds just isn't enough.

Sick spot...

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Villian is a good LAG, very capable of making moves but not a maniac

I'm at the top of my range which makes me think I should be calling, but why would he bet so big as a bluff given he can rep a 9 easily with a standard bet, and it doesn't look like I have much?

btw I know checking flop is not standard but occasionally I like to balance the times I check back missed overs

edit: sorry about the hand history, just couldn't get it to paste properly. Effective stacks are £287, so river bet is really 4.7x pot
  • edited August 2010
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancewill4Small blind £1.50£1.50£1865.40vBig blind £3.00£4.50£294.23RemyMartinSit out     Your hole cardsTh 9h   mastaheadRaise £9.00£13.50£286.50 Fold    will4Fold    vCall £6.00£19.50£288.23Flop  2h 9c 7s   vCheck    mastaheadCheck    Turn  4h   vBet £19.50£39.00£268.73mastaheadCall £19.50£58.50£267.00River  9s   vAll-in £268.73£327.23£0.00mastahead?          
  • edited August 2010
    if it's first time you've seen him do it i don't see how you can call

you have air w/ missed draws/weak showdown nearly always unless like you're doing here balancing your check back range so it makes no sense for him to make it this big at all so i think he's just trying to level you into making a hero call w/ your most likely range

if it's a bluff and he posts here be nice to know his reasoning as a 1.5-2x pot bet does exactly the same thing as i see it

• edited August 2010
     I myself put them on an over pair or a missed flush draw and snap call and they then turn over pocket 2s,7sor 4s. Then realise if Id had more than 15secs to think about it I would have probably folded! :)
  • edited August 2010
    i dont think you should  balance your checking back range with such a vulnerable hand

do you have any reads on him regarding when he pots the turn.

it makes so little sense that i think its a misclick most the time and would call
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Under-repped hand facing huge overbet:
    i dont think you should  balance your checking back range with such a vulnerable hand do you have any reads on him regarding when he pots the turn. it makes so little sense that i think its a misclick most the time and would call
    Posted by LOL_RAISE

ya
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Under-repped hand facing huge overbet:
    if it's first time you've seen him do it i don't see how you can call you have air w/ missed draws/weak showdown nearly always unless like you're doing here balancing your check back range so it makes no sense for him to make it this big at all so i think he's just trying to level you into making a hero call w/ your most likely range if it's a bluff and he posts here be nice to know his reasoning as a 1.5-2x pot bet does exactly the same thing as i see it
    Posted by zing
    he has missed draws with a set not exactly air