You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A little insight to THOSE OTHER poker sites....

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Thankfully the experience I am having with Sky Poker, whether I win or lose, is an enjoyable one.
I have found it to be a genuine site without any questionable 'gliches' in its programming. I have played other sites before and the minute you cash out any money..guarenteed and as sure as eggs are eggs, you will go on tilt... every AA busted... every flush out drawn..etc etc...
Anyway, this article was sent to my email inbox by a friend of mine... http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargains-and-rip-offs/article.html?in_article_id=405333&in_page_id=5 
It makes very interesting reading and before there is any ''who you calling a cheat'' thrown this way.....I am not pointing any fingers at anyone on this site. I really think this is something worth sharing with you guys at sky poker...
Good Luck all

P.S. there is no adware, viruses,worms etc etc in this link..it is genuine and safe

Comments

• edited August 2010
    In Response to A little insight to THOSE OTHER poker sites....:
    Thankfully the experience I am having with Sky Poker, whether I win or lose, is an enjoyable one. I have found it to be a genuine site without any questionable 'gliches' in its programming. I have played other sites before and the minute you cash out any money..guarenteed and as sure as eggs are eggs, you will go on tilt... every AA busted... every flush out drawn..etc etc... Anyway, this article was sent to my email inbox by a friend of mine... http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargains-and-rip-offs/article.html?in_article_id=405333&in_page_id=5   It makes very interesting reading and before there is any ''who you calling a cheat'' thrown this way.....I am not pointing any fingers at anyone on this site. I really think this is something worth sharing with you guys at sky poker... Good Luck all P.S. there is no adware, viruses,worms etc etc in this link..it is genuine and safe
    Posted by larry1959
    Hmmm.

I'm going to have to read that again when sober. It's bookmarked.

But, hmmm.
  • edited August 2010
    This has been discussed on here before.

Some people refuse to believe that this goes on, but it does.  I posted a link in the thread a good while back and it was quickly deleted.  There are whole forums out there which are dedicated to these bots and the programming of them etc.
    Actually, upon reading some of these forums, you can sort of understand the enjoyment ppl get out of it. They must get self satisfaction reprogramming and tweaking their bots to get that little bit more of a winrate, as much for pride as financial gain as they are mostly techies and that is their passion.

People even program bots, prove their winrate, then  these bots can be sold for thousands.

However, from what I read, there are not many, if any , at the moment that could consistantly beat nl50 or above.  I suppose beating the next level is the holy grail for these techies.

The simple reason is that not that many ppl pay attention to what is going on at the micros, so the bots can play abc and make money.  As you move up the levels, this wont work as ppl are starting to pay attention and play back at bots style.

If you suspect you are playing against a bot, you can contact the poker site, these have different methods in detecting bots.  One off the top of my head is, they will send the player in question a message box in the middle of play, asking them to type in a certain code that is displayed in front of them.  Obviously if there was not a human in front of the screen this could not be done.  Thats just one way, there are quite a few.

All interesting stuff though....
  • edited August 2010
    if you cant beat a bot you probably should just quit poker. BTW that whole article is just an advert for that software really.
  • edited August 2010
    I read about one a small while ago that only worked on certain sites though, that you bought, downloaded and then done the rest and you would be able to see your opponents cards.
  • edited August 2010

HAVING RESEARCHED THIS QUIET A BIT ,

IN MY OPINION I BELIEVE THIS WILL BECOME,

A VERY BIG  PROBLEM IN ONLINE POKER !

• edited August 2010
    i agree with irish, this aint going to go away. unless the online sites look at amount of games being played in  a set period of time and acting on it, it will get worse. i think irish you pointed out a  "player" on another site playing 50+ tables for 24+hrs straight with no wee wee breaks, if this type of "play" doesnt set alarm bells ringing then we could all get frucked in the near future