You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

a high freeroll for low play!!!!!

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
is it just me or does any one else feel a little let down by this i earned 700 points this month so get a fiver ok so i thought till i see a £1000 free roll for people who got under 500 points !!!!!!!
surely pure madness why did sky not think of this and put a £300 free roll for them and everyone else gets a £700 that did not get into the league freeroll or didnt get up to 3000 points that way everybody is rewarded
 first prize is £270 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u cant get into a tourny for a £5 and get that type of reward think sky has over looked the feeling of the general players got to admitt i normally get 1500 points to earn 15 quid but not got the br now.
i know most people may dissagre with my unfair comments they are just my thoughts that i wanted to get through to sky

Comments

• edited August 2010
    As one of the players who has actually entered this game I ain't gonna complain about the prize pool lol, but to be honest I am suprised at how few players have actually entered this game.  When I got the emial and registered I expected this to max out at 2000 and I kind of think Sky did as well, which would have probably made the first prize comething like £30.

I have a feeling that this was just a one off to try and attract more players to the site or was something they did that was in line with their August Freeroll promotion.

Steve
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to a high freeroll for low play!!!!!:
    is it just me or does any one else feel a little let down by this i earned 700 points this month so get a fiver ok so i thought till i see a £1000 free roll for people who got under 500 points !!!!!!! surely pure madness why did sky not think of this and put a £300 free roll for them and everyone else gets a £700 that did not get into the league freeroll or didnt get up to 3000 points that way everybody is rewarded  first prize is £270 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u cant get into a tourny for a £5 and get that type of reward think sky has over looked the feeling of the general players got to admitt i normally get 1500 points to earn 15 quid but not got the br now. i know most people may dissagre with my unfair comments they are just my thoughts that i wanted to get through to sky
    Posted by sim75
    i think you are totally missing the point of this freeroll.
    There are thousands of people on this site that never amass enough points for cash back and probably many that just fall short each month of the required 500 points.
    I think this is an excellent way of sky thanking them for their loyalty and no i do not qualify for this tournament.

Darryl 
  • edited August 2010
    They had a world cup freeroll for £1000 for those players accumulating 1000+ points last month, so this time its for 300 -499, maybe next month it will be £1000 for 500-999? stop being so jealous!
  • edited August 2010
    i get both your points of view my rant is not at you guys i just see that low level players are getting a very very good freeroll the high end players get good bonuses why havent sky included the middle players for their loyalty by giving them there own free roll but like we have said before we all end up paying for these freerolls so i will shutup ranting now lol
    gl kiwini4u you wont need it im sure take home the big prize for the deepstackers
  • edited August 2010
    its a freeroll innit - theyre giving money away for nowt - u cant moan at someone for not giving money away the way you want them too.

Every single freeroll should be treated as a bonus, u shouldnt ask for them, moan about them, or even expect them, I dont care what other sites do.

I had a moan about them last week, because I wanted the guarentees to be looked at, rather than giving money away for free - this is a completely different point.

If beans are buy one get 1 free in tescos, but I fancied spaghetti with my fry up - I aint gonna go to the shop manager and complain am i....

Ppl that moan about freerolls shud buy a dog, and go and sit outside kfc with an empty special brew can. (if u havent got one, pm me your address, I have tonnes, theres an overlay each week the green bin just aint big enough)  - Stop begging - and take advantage of whatever FREE money they offer you.

(btw this post isnt aimed only at the OP-but peoples attitude in general)
  • edited August 2010

Response to Re: a high freeroll for low play!!!!!:
    its a freeroll innit - theyre giving money away for nowt - u cant moan at someone for not giving money away the way you want them too. Every single freeroll should be treated as a bonus, u shouldnt ask for them, moan about them, or even expect them, I dont care what other sites do. I had a moan about them last week, because I wanted the guarentees to be looked at, rather than giving money away for free - this is a completely different point. If beans are buy one get 1 free in tescos, but I fancied spaghetti with my fry up - I aint gonna go to the shop manager and complain am i.... Ppl that moan about freerolls shud buy a dog, and go and sit outside kfc with an empty special brew can. (if u havent got one, pm me your address, I have tonnes, theres an overlay each week the green bin just aint big enough)  - Stop begging - and take advantage of whatever FREE money they offer you. (btw this post isnt aimed only at the OP-but peoples attitude in general)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
                                                       plus1
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: a high freeroll for low play!!!!!:
    its a freeroll innit - theyre giving money away for nowt - u cant moan at someone for not giving money away the way you want them too. Every single freeroll should be treated as a bonus, u shouldnt ask for them, moan about them, or even expect them, I dont care what other sites do. I had a moan about them last week, because I wanted the guarentees to be looked at, rather than giving money away for free - this is a completely different point. If beans are buy one get 1 free in tescos, but I fancied spaghetti with my fry up - I aint gonna go to the shop manager and complain am i.... Ppl that moan about freerolls shud buy a dog, and go and sit outside kfc with an empty special brew can. (if u havent got one, pm me your address, I have tonnes, theres an overlay each week the green bin just aint big enough)  - Stop begging - and take advantage of whatever FREE money they offer you. (btw this post isnt aimed only at the OP-but peoples attitude in general)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +2 Thanks for saying it JJ
  • edited August 2010
    Well I didn't manage to get 1st place but I did make 4th for £80 in what feels like my first final table in absolutely ages.  Congratulations to everyone else who made the money especially the winner commando67 and unlucky to -Jinky- who ALMOST took it down after coming back from the dead. 

Thank you as well to Maxally for his support for ALL the players on the final table.

For those interested these are the players who cashed.

1commando67 - £2702-JINKY- - £1553rozzie - £1054Kiwini4u - £805silentbob - £706phlwbb29 - £607parkway - £408Darntootin - £309Pokerpairs - £2010killiefan7 - £1011nick153 - £8.5012IMAROCK - £8.5013Leyster - £8.5014bonzo78 - £8.5015H2TheBA - £8.5016CJ111 - £8.5017KentheKid - £8.5018BAZLMAC - £8.5019TIMESLIP - £8.5020bulevska04 - £8.5021tom85 - £7.5022rd1 - £7.5023Nickelback - £7.5024MAXALLY - £7.5025bestman - £7.5026BALTIMORE - £7.5027eon1961 - £7.5028Machka - £7.5029KNico - £7.5030timeforbed - £7.50
  • edited August 2010
    i think its a very good idea by sky!!!

if like me you only play low stakes and usually after work for say 3-4 hours you wont get up to 500 points. (unless you are playing loads of tables at the same time which i dont)

id say im very loyal to sky but dont have the br or the time to build up a large amount of points.

last month i got just under 300 points as i was away for a week so thats a little frustrating but maybe they will do it again hopefully.................

ps.  well done kiwini4u nice cash!

and looking at the list who cashed there where loads of forum regs and thats good too :)
  • edited August 2010
    Vwd to all that cashed,especially to the players i know.Having looked at the prize structure for this i am DEFO gonna make sure i get less than the 500 points i always make as i feel to be in this tourny is far better than getting a poxy fiver.dav
  • edited August 2010
    I knew I should have gone commando for this tournament.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to a high freeroll for low play!!!!! : i think you are totally missing the point of this freeroll. There are thousands of people on this site that never amass enough points for cash back and probably many that just fall short each month of the required 500 points. I think this is an excellent way of sky thanking them for their loyalty and no i do not qualify for this tournament. Darryl 
    Posted by st4r
    And the reward for players amassing more than the required points is...............?????????
  • edited August 2010
    i think its a very good idea by sky!!! if like me you only play low stakes and usually after work for say 3-4 hours you wont get up to 500 points. (unless you are playing loads of tables at the same time which i dont) id say im very loyal to sky but dont have the br or the time to build up a large amount of points. last month i got just under 300 points as i was away for a week so thats a little frustrating but maybe they will do it again hopefully................. ps.  well done kiwini4u nice cash! and looking at the list who cashed there where loads of forum regs and thats good too :)
    Posted by donkeyplop
    i think so too......cool
  • edited August 2010
    Well plyd m8 and all
    , WEll chuffed  me
    Well I didn't manage to get 1st place but I did make 4th for £80 in what feels like my first final table in absolutely ages.  Congratulations to everyone else who made the money especially the winner commando67 and unlucky to -Jinky- who ALMOST took it down after coming back from the dead.  Thank you as well to Maxally for his support for ALL the players on the final table. For those interested these are the players who cashed. 1 commando67 - £270 2 -JINKY- - £155 3 rozzie - £105 4 Kiwini4u - £80 5 silentbob - £70 6 phlwbb29 - £60 7 parkway - £40 8 Darntootin - £30 9 Pokerpairs - £20 10 killiefan7 - £10 11 nick153 - £8.50 12 IMAROCK - £8.50 13 Leyster - £8.50 14 bonzo78 - £8.50 15 H2TheBA - £8.50 16 CJ111 - £8.50 17 KentheKid - £8.50 18 BAZLMAC - £8.50 19 TIMESLIP - £8.50 20 bulevska04 - £8.50 21 tom85 - £7.50 22 rd1 - £7.50 23 Nickelback - £7.50 24 MAXALLY - £7.50 25 bestman - £7.50 26 BALTIMORE - £7.50 27 eon1961 - £7.50 28 Machka - £7.50 29 KNico - £7.50 30 timeforbed - £7.50
    Posted by Kiwini4u
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: a high freeroll for low play!!!!! : And the reward for players amassing more than the required points is...............?????????
    Posted by efgloser
    cash for points
  • edited August 2010
    beat me to it shanxta.

at least if you get over 500 points you are guarenteed £5.

getting into the freeroll you are guarenteed nothing.
  • edited August 2010
    It's not easy for tournament players to reach 500 points, so this freeroll is a good idea IMO. 

This freeroll will motivate some players who earn less than 300 points but consider 500 to be out of their reach to play more often on Sky Poker.

Well done to all those who cashed. I was going well with double the average until I came out on the wrong side of a flush v flush confrontation followed by my AQ shoved pre getting outdrawn by AT for 63rd place.
  • edited August 2010
    beat me to it shanxta. at least if you get over 500 points you are guarenteed £5. getting into the freeroll you are guarenteed nothing.
    Posted by donkeyplop
    And what does £5 guarantee you? No the freeroll is much better to get into,dav
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: a high freeroll for low play!!!!! : And what does £5 guarantee you? No the freeroll is much better to get into,dav
    Posted by dav1964
    £5 GUARANTEES YOU £5 (THE ANSWERS IN THE QUESTION,SURPRISED
    YOU DIDN'T SPOT IT REALLY)
    170 OF THE 200 WHO ENTERED THE FREEROLL DIDN'T WIN ANYTHING,
    THATS NO GUARANTEE IMO.