You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A simple fold?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £4.53
 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £8.43
  Your hole cards

Fold     
 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £13.71
The_Don90 Call  £0.08 £0.28 £14.73
 Raise  £0.20 £0.48 £4.33
 Fold     
 Call  £0.16 £0.64 £13.55
The_Don90 Call  £0.16 £0.80 £14.57
Flop

Bet  £0.80 £1.60 £3.53
 Call  £0.80 £2.40 £12.75
I did fold here and it was a good one - however i would like your opinions

ALSO PLEASE IGNORE THE LIMP PRE FLOP, I PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON

Comments

• edited August 2010
    The limp is probably not very good with 88 especially as your on the button. The 20p raise is very weak in the sb so you can call that, maybe reraise ? On the flop unless your against a bigger pair you have the best hand so I would raise here to find out if I'm up against 99+ rather than call and see what happens.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: A simple fold?:
    The limp is probably not very good with 88 especially as your on the button. The 20p raise is very weak in the sb so you can call that, maybe reraise ? On the flop unless your against a bigger pair you have the best hand so I would raise here to find out if I'm up against 99+ rather than call and see what happens.
    Posted by Dudeskin8

The raise to find out where you are is possibly the worst thing ever, no offence dudeskin.

All you do then is fold out hands you beat and raise folding just sucks.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: A simple fold? : The raise to find out where you are is possibly the worst thing ever, no offence dudeskin. All you do then is fold out hands you beat and raise folding just sucks.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    Tbh at this level a raise would defo get called by A5 and maybe even overcards in some cases, and don't we want to charge people for possible straight draws /overcards draws. Also what happens when an A/K/Q comes we just fold to a bet ? I can't see how calling here is good, I don't play cash I admit but could you explain how it could be better played.
  • edited August 2010
    The limp call pre has made the hand more difficult to read than usual.

I call and re-assess turn. If he fires again likely he's got the goods and you fold as not sure if players are liable to barrel twice with air at these limits.

If it's a safish turn card and they check then i'd stick in a bet for value or just to take the pot down.

• edited August 2010
    The limp call pre has made the hand more difficult to read than usual. I call and re-assess turn. If he fires again likely he's got the goods and you fold as not sure if players are liable to barrel twice with air at these limits. If it's a safish turn card and they check then i'd stick in a bet for value or just to take the pot down.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    small problem

2 opponents in the hand.

I folded, the origional raiser had 88 turned a set and the station had KK
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: A simple fold? : small problem 2 opponents in the hand. I folded, the origional raiser had 88 turned a set and the station had KK
    Posted by The_Don90
    My post was more of a generalisation regarding the "raise to find out where you are" strategy.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: A simple fold? : My post was more of a generalisation regarding the "raise to find out where you are" strategy.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    yea i fully understand that, i didnt feel comfortable wth that for some reason against two opponents, if anything it should have been done pre flop after the accidental limp.