You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty Hunter :(

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat

is it just me or is there anyone else that doesnt like bounty hunters? the way i play is to extract the most chips i can from every hand im involved in. when i win a pot i mabey take like half there stack but then the next hand or two someone else takes there chips and the bounty but is rather annoying. ive tryed playing differnt but it usualy involves me playing weaker hands to try and hit to take more bountys and thats just not my game so i tend to miss all the big bounty hunters. anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    if you dont like 'em dont play 'em.
    i dont mind them but prefer freezeouts,but i think you have more or less the right strategy for bh.they are obviously a different game to fo so you sometimes need to play a lot looser,

gl dave
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunter :(:
    if you dont like 'em dont play 'em. i dont mind them but prefer freezeouts,but i think you have more or less the right strategy for bh.they are obviously a different game to fo so you sometimes need to play a lot looser, gl dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    yeah i dont play much of them anymore its just hard not to play them as the money is quite good.
  • edited August 2010

Ive played hundreds and i luv em,I have changed my strategy though and now play them EXACTLY the same as a freezeout and am finding it to be the correct move,dav

• edited August 2010
    I find in the bounty hunters people will call all-ins with alot wider range, if they have more chips than u to try win ur bounty. It can be annoying when you get bust by K2off but it happens, i try not get all in preflop if i can avoid it.
    I think they are good tournaments but i find i often go deep without collecting many bounty's.
  • edited August 2010
    The £2 and £5 Bounty Hunters are the softest tournaments on the site IMO, so I like them a lot.

Just play them as a freeze-out, ie ignore the bountys, you will have a big advantage. Most of the field take crazy risks trying to take heads, they don't seem to realise the bubble prizes are worth much more than the bountys. A tight approach is best. The tournament winner always wins the most money, even if he/she only takes only head. I think I make around 50% ROI in Bounty Hunters playing that way (a Sharkscope subscriber will be able to look up my exact ROI).