You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Snap fold?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
xBarneyGx Small blind  15.00 15.00 5122.50
XBig blind  30.00 45.00 5427.50
  Your hole cards

Dudeskin8 Raise  120.00 165.00 5195.00
lgs6k Fold     
crazykaron Fold     
xBarneyGx Fold     
XCall  90.00 255.00 5337.50
Flop

XBet  255.00 510.00 5082.50
Dudeskin8 Raise  660.00 1170.00 4535.00
XAll-in  5082.50 6252.50 0.00
Dudeskin8
Very early stage of deepstack make it 4x utg then get perfect flop, donk bet into bit confused but I think I have the best hand so raise it up, then he shoves, I know this could a draw of some sort but had a feeling he'd spiked the set. Right fold ?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Bit hard to put him on anything really isnt it? but yeah snap fold
  • edited August 2010
    it could also be A8, 99, and other hands you are beating

depends if you have any previous reads on opponant, because its not necessarily a snap fold imo, especailly against some of the idiots you get in the early stages of deepstacks

but no reads, its a fold, but a begrudging one not a snap one.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Snap fold?:
    it could also be A8, 99, and other hands you are beating depends if you have any previous reads on opponant, because its not necessarily a snap fold imo, especailly against some of the idiots you get in the early stages of deepstacks but no reads, its a fold, but a begrudging one not a snap one.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I say snap because most the time I instantly know what my decision is going to be and here it was a "Nah, this smells fishy deeling" but I admit I let it run down for a few seconds. And yes I know the play you get in these things so sometimes you have to take chances.
  • edited August 2010
    Think your right to fold with no reads here, could be he's overplaying his top pair etc but not worth the risk earlier on
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Snap fold?:
    Think your right to fold with no reads here, could be he's overplaying his top pair etc but not worth the risk earlier on
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Exactly, there are some pleyers that will play TPTK like this but I have to call off my whole stack hoping that's what their doing. It's a long tourney so I like to take as much risk out of it especially in the first hour.
  • edited August 2010
    just because you have an overpair it doesnt exactly make this a 'perfect' flop.