You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO RAKE IS A JOKE!

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Right have just say at 5p/10p plo heads up and the other bloke started with £20 me £10, 45 mins later we both leave and £22.33 total on the table. i actually had it all so no problem here but think this is obsurd

at one point on the table you had him £5 down his buy in and me £2 down on mine. was very topsy turvy good match but rake sort of killed it

sorry for the rant and maybe over to area 51 this goes but think needs to be mentioned

Comments

• edited August 2010

wow that's terrible m8y ,

must be 30 % of buy in gone to sky rake ,

and gone in 45 mins  crazy carry on !

• edited August 2010
    Wow man that is pretty sick,reckon i aint playin that anymore,dav
  • edited August 2010
    The % rake in Omaha is exactly the same as in Hold 'Em.
    If the amount of rake that you paid seemed more that would probably be because you were playing more big pots.

• edited August 2010
    As Vince says, the money is all likely to find itself in the middle so many more times in omaha (and even more frequently in HiLo) than in holdem, that although the rake seems more, it actually isn't
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PLO RAKE IS A JOKE!:
    The % rake in Omaha is exactly the same as in Hold 'Em. If the amount of rake that you paid seemed more that would probably be because you were playing more big pots.
    Posted by MereNovice
    which to be fair is the problem with skys cash for pts

judging it on no of hands rather than actual rake paid leaves the omaha player at a massive dis-advantage, may well be a reason as to why it's never taken off
  • edited August 2010
    Always seems to happen with 2 players on any site in any form od the game - could be due to faster games and like said above more pots

Its not worth playing unless off course youve got a good read on opponent and are winning
  • edited August 2010

Thanks for your responses guys, i didn't realise the same as hold em as dont really seem to notice it in ring games. But as you say as more big pots that may explain it

Can anyone explain rake in ring games to me as dont seem to notice it, obviously i know what rake is but i dont realise how much is being taken which isnt a bad thing but be nice to know

Thanks in advance
    John

• edited August 2010
    Thanks for your responses guys, i didn't realise the same as hold em as dont really seem to notice it in ring games. But as you say as more big pots that may explain it Can anyone explain rake in ring games to me as dont seem to notice it, obviously i know what rake is but i dont realise how much is being taken which isnt a bad thing but be nice to know Thanks in advance John
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Sky's rake policy is detailed here.

• edited August 2010
    Thanks vince appreciate it :o)
  • edited August 2010
    I watched lolufold and another player in a £5/£10 Hu the other night. Lolufold had his usual £1000 and the other player brought £100 to the table. After about 5 minutes it was obvious that this wasn't to be a walkover for lolufold and he politely asked the other player to bring more money into the game as the two stacks were so far apart. The other player ignored this, and so on they played. The game went on for the best part of 30 minutes before there was an all-in situation with both having pp's. Lolufold's aces held up and that was that. The other player didn't reload and lolufold was sat with a stack of £1,046. The rake had taken £54. I typed in the chat box ''WD but I think the rake won that one'' ..... he didn't answer.

The other player also played on 3 other tables and was minimum stacked on them all.
  • edited August 2010
    I watched lolufold and another player in a £5/£10 Hu the other night. Lolufold had his usual £1000 and the other player brought £100 to the table. After about 5 minutes it was obvious that this wasn't to be a walkover for lolufold and he politely asked the other player to bring more money into the game as the two stacks were so far apart. The other player ignored this, and so on they played. The game went on for the best part of 30 minutes before there was an all-in situation with both having pp's. Lolufold's aces held up and that was that. The other player didn't reload and lolufold was sat with a stack of £1,046. The rake had taken £54. I typed in the chat box ''WD but I think the rake won that one'' ..... he didn't answer. The other player also played on 3 other tables and was minimum stacked on them all.
    Posted by elsadog
    Seems madness doesn't it lol but ive read the rake now for first time so bit more understandable dont think omaha going to be too much profitable unless you have big edge which i dont think i have.

Lolufold probably was multitabling thats probably why he didnt respond tbf, think your right though rake wins :o(
  • edited August 2010
    Me and other 1/2 mutli tabling regs must pay about 5 grand a month in rake (if not more). So I have to make 5k profit just to break even. Thing is its always going to be here nothing you can do about it.