You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worst Call Ever? £5 DYM

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
krlmnk Small blind   150.00 150.00 1065.00
?
Big blind   300.00 450.00 1420.00
  Your hole cards

JingleMa All-in   1600.00 2050.00 0.00
terwra1 Fold        
ANDYJKS Call   1600.00 3650.00 2340.00
krlmnk All-in   1065.00 4715.00 0.00
??
All-in   1420.00 6135.00 0.00
ANDYJKS Call   120.00 6255.00 2220.00
krlmnk Show
  • Q
  • Q

???
Show

JingleMa Show

ANDYJKS Show
  • Q
  • Q

Flop

Turn

River

????
Win Full House, 7s and 4s 6255.00   6255.00

Comments

• edited August 2010

1st time I've ever posted a hand here, just couldn't believe it.

As far as I know, the player who called with pocket 7's (after 3 all-ins before him) is a very good MTT player on Sky with quite a few big wins.

So if that player could kindly just post on this thread (or pm me) and tell me it was a mis-click, I would be extremely grateful, and will be able to carry on with my life as normal - many thanks. 8- />
  • edited August 2010

Yes, to a competent DYM player, the 77 is a snap fold obv

But we don't want to play competent dym players do we...?

Vul mate, lets hope Spurs can do us proud again this season

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Worst Call Ever? £5 DYM:
    Yes, to a competent DYM player, the 77 is a snap fold obv But we don't want to play competent dym players do we...? Vul mate, lets hope Spurs can do us proud again this season
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Thanks Greg, yeah lets hope we can turn over Young Boys or we'll never hear the end of it!
  • edited August 2010
    Haha 4 PPs looooooool
  • edited August 2010
    I fancy my chances there with 77, 3 all ins before me would make me think theres less picture cards in the deck and more chance for a 7 to hit.

But im no poker winner :)
  • edited August 2010
    I fancy my chances there with 77, 3 all ins before me would make me think theres less picture cards in the deck and more chance for a 7 to hit. But im no poker winner :)
    Posted by Gavinxxxx
    obviously
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Worst Call Ever? £5 DYM : obviously
    Posted by N1CK
    Not saying i would make the call however, but i wouldnt say its the worst call ive ever seen
  • edited August 2010

Oh well, you still cashed...

• edited August 2010
    I've seen similar calls made by players who haven't even got pocket pairs, particularly in low buy-in bounty hunters.
  • edited August 2010
    Why was this moved to the poker clinic? Has the mod that moved it never played poker before? This is supposed to be a loldonk thread not a strategy thread surely?
  • edited August 2010
    pretty bad call, but not the worst ive seen

more to the point all in pre 66?? what were you thinking its a double your money so no point getting involved here
  • edited August 2010
    Also although bad call look at his chipstack before around a 5th and had chance to knock people out, still bad call but just saying look at the whole picture
  • edited August 2010
    he has 5bbs shoving 66 there is super std, esp. with 2 smaller stacks in the blinds and i think this is on the bubble?

77 call is super lol worthy
  • edited August 2010
    he has 5bbs shoving 66 there is super std, esp. with 2 smaller stacks in the blinds and i think this is on the bubble? 77 call is super lol worthy
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    lol think we are from opposite worlds with the advice you always go opposite to me :P
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Worst Call Ever? £5 DYM : lol think we are from opposite worlds with the advice you always go opposite to me :P
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    lol raise is right though.

You have 5 BB's left and are about to go into the blinds.

DYM or not you still need to keep ahead of the game and steal blinds to stay in the game.

6's with 5 BB's and utg is a shove like 99% of the time, unless its the bubble and the man in the BB is all in for his blind or something!
  • edited August 2010

sorry i have been posting utter tosh this morning lol and not been looking at the full picture

Yeah your right still dont think worst call ever though considering they still had plenty of chips and would be chipleader with their call and potentially can knock two opponents out not good play but not the worst imo

• edited August 2010
    sorry i have been posting utter tosh this morning lol and not been looking at the full picture Yeah your right still dont think worst call ever though considering they still had plenty of chips and would be chipleader with their call and potentially can knock two opponents out not good play but not the worst imo
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    But with three all-ins already it's likely two players are going to be eliminated and they'll cash without risking a chip.
  • edited August 2010
    I've seen so many worse calls than this. this is a good call imo for you obv 
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Worst Call Ever? £5 DYM : But with three all-ins already it's likely two players are going to be eliminated and they'll cash without risking a chip.
    Posted by CLIOKID
    I've said not a good call but was just thinking of their way of thinking, i agree bad call but as i said not the worst. i've seen many worse then this, still it is bad but the question worst call ever? so i say no
  • edited August 2010

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate all your views and feedback on this.

Just to clarify why I think this should be nominated for a WCE (Worst Call Ever) award. (Or at least a WCOTY - Worst Call Of The Year).

There are five of us left with top three all getting paid the same as it's a DYM.

77 has a stack of 1420 left if he folds (so doesn't have a massive stack as I think Young Gun is implying above, if he calls and loses the hand, he is crippled).

So he has 77 in the BB with 1420 chips still left if he folds and just sees THREE all-ins before him, two of which have 1600 chips and the other with 1065.

So if he finds the fold button, he is almost guaranteed that either two players will be knocked out (meaning he wins) or at least will suffer a huge blow to their stacks.

Instead he decided to call risking his tournie life in a four-way pot he is most likely to lose - still can't work out why he would do it if it wasn't a mis-click! 8- />

And yes, I agree I could have folded with 66 UTG, but decided to push. I think either option is fine at this stage with the relative size of the stacks and blinds on the table.

Oh, and please feel free to add any calls/plays you've seen that you think are worse or as bad, would be fun to see!
  • edited August 2010
    Oh well, you still cashed...
    Posted by richtea
    Unfortunately I didn't - I was classified 4th - I guess this was because my hand was worse than the other guy who got knocked out with the same chip-stack as me.
  • edited August 2010
    lol mate i been chatting S*** on here today so just ignore it, i for some reason thought he had 6k but think thats what he ended up with been mad day lol

Yeah dont mind UTG shove with stacks tbf and probably is one of worst calls ever now that i realise chipsizes etc.

UL mate
  • edited August 2010
    lol mate i been chatting S*** on here today so just ignore it, i for some reason thought he had 6k but think thats what he ended up with been mad day lol Yeah dont mind UTG shove with stacks tbf and probably is one of worst calls ever now that i realise chipsizes etc. UL mate
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Cheers Young, no worries - thought you prob read it wrong. 8- />