You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bottom set tricky spot

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £125.53
 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £33.79
  Your hole cards

The_Don90 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £14.23
 Raise  £0.50 £0.75 £55.37
 Fold     
Call  £0.50 £1.25 £11.43
 Call  £0.45 £1.70 £125.08
 Fold     
The_Don90 Call  £0.40 £2.10 £13.83
Flop

Bet  £2.10 £4.20 £122.98
The_Don90 Raise  £4.20 £8.40 £9.63
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Call  £2.10 £10.50 £120.88
Turn

Bet  £10.50 £21.00 £110.38
The guy to be fair has been a big stack bully previous to this, little unsure of where i am. I rekon hes on a draw, what u guys think.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Not a fan of calling the raise due to the amount pre, if your utg shouldnt be calling should be 3-4 big blinds here. I'd fold once he has called your re-raise and shoves on the turn, seems to me he's got flush written all over it and wants it to look like a bluff.

Hows your step up going? other then this hand
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    How is this a tricky spot against an aggro player? ez cawl.....

And I've noticed you always say you're unsure of where you are in hands as if you're trying to put them on an exact hand, try putting them on a range of different possible hands and see how your holding plays against that range.
  • edited August 2010
    Yeah way played probably would be a call sorry just realised your pretty commited and against an aggro so maybe he has overs or over pair? could have flush but in this spot gl if he does.

Dont like the way played though still see previous post
  • edited August 2010

This was the same table as the maniac, the maniac was the origional raiser hense the call for a set.

The other player i think was taking advantage of this but crushing everyone else in the path too, he seemed to be the only guy who could take on the maniac till he handed over £80. Then the maniac ran like god.

Erm, he had an over Pair KK but had the king of hearts unfortunetly after the river.

• edited August 2010
    Said overpair figured could have back door just think bad play pre which has got you in the position although you got money in ahead 22 vs any 2 pre does not do well
  • ybyb
    edited August 2010
    The call pre is fine with stack sizes and the number of players in the pot, I would have raised first though rather than limp/calling.
  • edited August 2010
    I wouldn't have called but would have raised, but still like you say with implied odds so the fact don has hit should be getting it on rather then min-raise on flop. either commit after you have hit the best you could have bar the the flush board, still would raise pre but as played fold pre if that makes sense
  • edited August 2010
    Tbh I don't mind the limp/call pre, if you raise to 30p then he reraises to £1.00 then you have a big pot with a hand that needs to hit to be safe. Maybe it's weak but I personally don't mind it, plus if you hit you have a good chance against two players to try and stack at least one of them. Also on the flop against an agro you might aswell just shove after his strong pot bet as he surely is never folding.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: bottom set tricky spot:
    Tbh I don't mind the limp/call pre, if you raise to 30p then he reraises to £1.00 then you have a big pot with a hand that needs to hit to be safe. Maybe it's weak but I personally don't mind it, plus if you hit you have a good chance against two players to try and stack at least one of them. Also on the flop against an agro you might aswell just shove after his strong pot bet as he surely is never folding.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Yea, The manaic (origional raiser) was re-raise/shoving with any two so i didnt want to be invovled too much with 22 unless i flopped a 2.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: bottom set tricky spot:
    In Response to Re: bottom set tricky spot : Yea, The manaic (origional raiser) was re-raise/shoving with any two so i didnt want to be invovled too much with 22 unless i flopped a 2.
    Posted by The_Don90
    so you call 5 bet by him??? with 22 odd, if your calling someones 50p bet(40 raise) surely you should be betting pre.
  • edited August 2010
    limp/calling is better than open raising if there is a huge maniac who is 3betting a lot w/ small pairs as all you want to do is flop a set and stack people. as played raise properly on the flop and obv dont fold