You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PTP TONIGHT

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
Hello!

I'm back in London and ready for more multi-tabling madness this evening.

I'll be hosting some PLO / PLO8 cash games from 19:00 as well as playing the Monday Night Deep Stack at 19:15 and the Take on Tikay event at 20:30.

I look forward to seeing you at the tables later.

Meanwhile, if you've seen the movie 'Inception', you may be interested in this thread in The Shed...

http://bit.ly/ajsHfe

Comments

• edited August 2010
    James whilst your on,as an MTT player urself, can I get you to take a look at my thread in the clinic please, I would do one of those smart link things, however I have no idea how 2!
  • edited August 2010
    Haven't seen Inception yet (the Missus wants to see it, I have my doubts so will therefore be dragged along to it pretty soon).  But what I think everyone wants to know is this, have you done your review for 'The Human Centipede' yet and how many Academy Award Nominations to you think it will earn?  At least five from what I can see.

Oh and to gate crash the conversation you and Mr Orford had on quality of sequels, the Karate Kid films one through four go:  Cheesy Good, Not as cheesy but better than the first, cheesy bad and 'oh my God, can someone shoot me now please' awful.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP TONIGHT:
    James whilst your on,as an MTT player urself, can I get you to take a look at my thread in the clinic please, I would do one of those smart link things, however I have no idea how 2!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    Hi SHANXTA

It is here

1. Copy the URL you are going to use for the link (The page where the post is), you can do this by left clicking the url at the top of the original post, yours would be:https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a2e4f51cb-c64c-449f-a843-8db9c5fe7283Forum%3a1c6aca1e-3fea-4914-8d99-3f30a0f01e50Discussion%3ac8520972-5a3d-4d9e-b414-0d1eeeed21eb
    2. If you want to do a link, type the text, including the word you wish to link to the post something like "here"
    3. Highlight the link you wish to use by right double clicking on the word
    4. Click on the "chain link" (it says insert/ edit link if you hover your mouse pointer over it)
    5. Paste your copy of the URL into the "Link URL", and in "The title" put the word you are using for the link in this case "here"
    6. Click on insert, this should now work for you.

If you still have problems, give us a shout :)
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP TONIGHT : Hi SHANXTA It is here 1. Copy the URL you are going to use for the link (The page where the post is), you can do this by left clicking the url at the top of the original post, yours would be: https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a2e4f51cb-c64c-449f-a843-8db9c5fe7283Forum%3a1c6aca1e-3fea-4914-8d99-3f30a0f01e50Discussion%3ac8520972-5a3d-4d9e-b414-0d1eeeed21eb 2. If you want to do a link, type the text, including the word you wish to link to the post something like "here" 3. Highlight the link you wish to use by right double clicking on the word 4. Click on the "chain link" (it says insert/ edit link if you hover your mouse pointer over it) 5. Paste your copy of the URL into the "Link URL", and in "The title" put the word you are using for the link in this case "here" 6. Click on insert, this should now work for you. If you still have problems, give us a shout :)
    Posted by acebarry10
    Thx 4 that Barry, ur a star!
  • edited August 2010
    Posted by SHANXTA
    I have offered my two cents...

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: PTP TONIGHT : Thx 4 that Barry, ur a star!
    Posted by SHANXTA
    You are welcome :)
  • edited August 2010
    Haven't seen Inception yet (the Missus wants to see it, I have my doubts so will therefore be dragged along to it pretty soon).  But what I think everyone wants to know is this, have you done your review for 'The Human Centipede' yet and how many Academy Award Nominations to you think it will earn?  At least five from what I can see. Oh and to gate crash the conversation you and Mr Orford had on quality of sequels, the Karate Kid films one through four go:  Cheesy Good, Not as cheesy but better than the first, cheesy bad and 'oh my God, can someone shoot me now please' awful.
    Posted by TommyD
    I think you'll enjoy 'Inception', Tommy.  I haven't seen 'The Human Centipede' yet - and can't say I'm in any rush to!  I'll take the under on five Oscar nominations :)

• edited August 2010
    Apologies for the delay.

The site seems to be running a tad slow on my computer this evening.

Anyways, I'm getting things started with some 10p/20p PLO action at Littlehampton - and am looking forward to the start of the Monday Night Deep Stack in just over 5 minutes.

• edited August 2010
    The Deep Stack has started.  I'm on table 5 with volcan0, Uzi_lover, elsadog and beaneh.

Meanwhile, there are still empty seats at Littlehampton!

• edited August 2010
    I'm "surviving" in the Deep Stack with just over 50bbs.

I'm about to "Take on Tikay" in his tournament in 10 minutes.

And I'm still playing 10p/20p PLO at Littlehampton.

• edited August 2010
    I'm out of the Take on Tikay tournament in 42nd place, after a very bizarre hand.

But I'm still in the Deep Stack - just.  Was one of the chip leaders, but had AA cracked by 77.  I'm currently 8th out of 11 players.  So, trying to grind my way to the final table.

Still playing PLO at Littlehampton, btw.
  • edited August 2010
    A big double up in the Deep Stack means I'm now 4th out of 10 players with an above-average stack of 21bbs.
  • edited August 2010
    Well...I made it to the final table of the Deep Stack and then went out in 6th - on the bubble!!!

What's needed here is some PLO8 therapy.  Come to Catalan!

• edited August 2010
    James 

Thanks for the entertainment on the PLO Cash table.  A little above my usual level but it was great fun and the guys on the table were great company.  

That, for me, is what Poker is all about.

Cheers

• edited August 2010
    James  Thanks for the entertainment on the PLO Cash table.  A little above my usual level but it was great fun and the guys on the table were great company.   That, for me, is what Poker is all about. Cheers
    Posted by JockBMW
    Glad you enjoyed it, Pete.  We always have a laugh on the PLO tables!  Next week, make sure you give Hi-Lo a go :)

• edited August 2010
    Well, it isn't often you make the final table of a MTT and don't cash!  Shame the Monday Night Deep Stack didn't get more runners this evening.  If you can afford the £22 buy-in, or are able to satellite in, do support this tournament.  It's one of the best weekly events running on the site.

Still, I managed to make £10 playing PLO and £31 playing PLO8 - and I had a lot of fun.

This week, I'm hoping to write another EPT-themed blog and I'll be back on channel 865 on Saturday night for Master Cash and Top of the Pots.

Plus, there'll be more Omaha action next Monday from 7pm.

See you then!

• edited August 2010
    Great fun as always James, I even managed to leave with a small profit soon after you left (unrelated!).