You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What do you make of this hand?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BIGNORM08 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £49.25
fisherma09 Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £79.58
  Your hole cards

xx Call   £0.50 £1.25 £11.00
FlashFlush Raise   £2.00 £3.25 £46.00
x
Call   £2.00 £5.25 £49.54
Corban Call   £2.00 £7.25 £48.08
BIGNORM08 Call   £1.75 £9.00 £47.50
fisherma09 Call   £1.50 £10.50 £78.08
xx All-in   £11.00 £21.50 £0.00
FlashFlush All-in   £46.00 £67.50 £0.00
x Call   £46.00 £113.50 £3.54
Corban Fold        
BIGNORM08 Fold        
fisherma09 Fold        
xx Show
  • J
  • K

FlashFlush Show

x Show
  • Q
  • K

Flop

• Q
  • A

Turn

River

• A

x Win Two Pairs, Aces and Queens £111.70   £115.24

Comments

• edited August 2010
    OK so I have raised £2 in early position, EVERYONE has called, then the limper shoves for £11 I think I have value to isolate and take it heads up hoping for a coin flip. I have figured if they only flat called my £2 raise they are unlikely to have a hand that can call a £48 bet. Then the call comes from my left with KQ still with 3 players left to act.....??
  • edited August 2010
    I like your play, make a note on KQ lol
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: What do you make of this hand?:
    I like your play, make a note on KQ lol
    Posted by beaneh
    Good to know you agree with my play, I know not in good shape if called but dont expect to be... The thing is the KQ is very much a regular and known by all on the site, just wondered if there was an argument for their play...??

I can understand him calling with my cards as we could be counter fitting each others hands
  • edited August 2010
    u ran into a bum

a lucky bum

or a misclick i hope
  • edited August 2010
    How long have you been at the table?

Obviously not long enough to realise how loose the KQ'er is? I could take a guess at who it might be as I've played against a guy on 50nl who calls that sort of bet all the time, never re-raises pre either even with big pairs!

FWIW i make it £2.50 pre but that's not a massive thing. The iso-shove isn't too bad but I wouldn't hate a fold in this spot.

Call is pretty sucky as can start a chain of callers and obv don't want to be playing 88 multi-way in a big pot out of position!!

So yeah, shove is fine but fold is obv an option too.

I think it's fine and unlucky to come across a monster station.
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: What do you make of this hand?:
    In Response to Re: What do you make of this hand? : Good to know you agree with my play, I know not in good shape if called but dont expect to be... The thing is the KQ is very much a regular and known by all on the site, just wondered if there was an argument for their play...?? I can understand him calling with my cards as we could be counter fitting each others hands
    Posted by FlashFlush

he had royal frush draw obv 

fiddy 50 hits or it dont
  • edited August 2010
    i think you played this spot on, the KQ call is just terrible the KJ limp is just as bad, if they never suck out with bad play what other hope would they have, its what gives them hope
  • edited August 2010
    yea i re iso shove all day long, theres £8 'dead' (ok its not really dead as we found out) money in the pot which means you need about 30% equity to be profitable, giving that he has 22bss his shoving range is going to be pretty wide, just learn to dodge outs