You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Did my opponent have the odds to call on the turn?

edited August 2010 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £4.30
 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £3.15
  Your hole cards
  • A

Call  £0.08 £0.20 £1.33
 Fold     
 Fold     
The_Don90 Call  £0.08 £0.28 £10.45
 Call  £0.04 £0.32 £4.26
 Check     
Flop

• Q
  • K
  • A

Check     
 Check     
 Bet  £0.08 £0.40 £1.25
The_Don90 Call  £0.08 £0.48 £10.37
 Call  £0.08 £0.56 £4.18
 Call  £0.08 £0.64 £3.07
Turn

• A

Bet  £0.08 £0.72 £4.10
 Raise  £0.16 £0.88 £2.91
 Call  £0.16 £1.04 £1.09
The_Don90 Raise  £1.06 £2.10 £9.31
 Fold     
 Fold     
 Call  £0.90 £3.00 £0.19
River

All-in  £0.19 £3.19 £0.00
The_Don90 Call  £0.19 £3.38 £9.12
 Show
  • J

The_Don90 Show
  • A

Win Straight to the Ace £3.13  £3.13
Ok fair enough i probably should be in the hand in the first place, but got in for a limp. Flop top pair and decide to flat and see if the turn brings a danger card and see what opponents in behind are going to do, i can the re-assess my situation.

They all call the min bet and i turn a set, seeing the back door flush i decide to re-raise. I know its not humanly possible for me to fold on the river due to the pot size. However did my opponent have the odds to call for a gutshot or flush draw?

Comments

• edited August 2010

I don't know about exact odds and stuff, (see N1ck/merenovice) - but if I have his hand, and his stack, i'd just put it in -

meh how is it possible to put urself in his situation when he's doing so many things so badly?

Also stop limping the button with bad aces - you start your posts by saying "okay i shouldnt do this but....." It doesnt seem to stop you doing it again....
  • edited August 2010
    1. the limp is bad
    2. you turned trips not a set, a set is when you hit 3 of a kind with a PP, trips is when you have 1 of the 3 of a kind.
    3. zomg bad beat thread in poker clinic :( sad days...
    4. dude you don't learn do ya?
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Did my opponent have the odds to call on the turn?:
    1. the limp is bad
    2. you turned trips not a set, a set is when you hit 3 of a kind with a PP, trips is when you have 1 of the 3 of a kind.
    3. zomg bad beat thread in poker clinic :( sad days...
    4. dude you don't learn do ya?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    1. I know. I knew id done that wrong instantly.

2. Thanks for clearing that up

3. i wouldnt call it a bad beat he had outs, i was requesting if id done enoguh to kill the odds.

4. getting there in flashes, need to work on the consistancy
  • edited August 2010
    blackfish you do need to take some happy pills dont you ;)

• edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Did my opponent have the odds to call on the turn? : 1. I know. I knew id done that wrong instantly. 2. Thanks for clearing that up 3. i wouldnt call it a bad beat he had outs, i was requesting if id done enoguh to kill the odds. 4. getting there in flashes, need to work on the consistancy
    Posted by The_Don90
    1) Since you've moved to 8nl alot of your hands seem to involve you open limping, even on the button with an ace! Are you sure that this is not down to you playing with 'scared money' as you only have 10 BI and therefore are trying to keep pots small?

3) Every bad beat has outs, overwise they would neva get there!, But yes, you did 'kill' the odds

• edited August 2010
    Dump or pump a rag A in any position if your going to play it, myself would rather play 34 than A4
  • edited August 2010
    Dump or pump a rag A in any position if your going to play it, myself would rather play 34 than A4
    Posted by waynecure
    After tonight i agree fully with you Waynecure. I had a little sleep after a long session and then woke up to do the ToT and decided to play ultra tight and hyper aggressive, didnt work early but as the tournament progressed it started to have a very strong effect, ended up finishing 5th after a lost coin toss.

I gave my set starting hand instructions, i wont say what these where is im transfering it to cash and may bump into you guys shortly. Although i also took more attention to pot odds. Something which i hadnt done before even in a MTT.

I even only had the one table open and managed to keep my disipline which was something id failed to do with less than two tables open.
  • edited August 2010
    Terrible limp, bet flop, turn fine and he did have quite a few outs with the straight and flush although ul still poorly played mate. Personally would have folded pre and not wasted a chip, again no reads don90, i wanna see a hh with reads please and you cant say you instantly knew shouldn't limp and still do it sort it out. raise or fold in that spot
  • edited August 2010
    I would have just called the turn for pot control as it is multi way and there is a big possibility that someone has TJ. Then re-evaluate on the river.